Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Semi Finals Fixtures

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Exclamation Semi Finals Fixtures

2 New Zealand Home Games!

Fri 19 May Crusaders v Bulls Christchurch 19:35 Local NZ Time, 15:35 Perth Time
    Sat 20 May Hurricanes v Waratahs Welington 19:35 Local NZ Time, 15:35 Perth Time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    We're still in with a chance. I'm trying to look at the positives...

...I need a hug.

vCash
    I too, feel your pain, sage dude. Talk about shooting themselves in the foot... I reckon it will be tough for them now to win in NZ, but I`m still dreaming of a Bulls v`s Waratahs final. The Bulls are playing the Crusaders aren`t they??
    If the Tahs win, and the Bulls, who gets the home final???

vCash

Thumbs down

With you FR, go those Bulls!
    Remember 1999 - The Craders finished 4th.
    They knocked off the Queensland Reds (who conceded 70 points less than anyone else) 22-28 in Brisbane.

They went onto turn over the Highlanders on rainy night in Dunedin. Who ironically flattened the Stormers in Cape town to get there!

Although, it is rare happening only other time was in the inaugural year 1996 when 2nd placed Blues beat 4th placed Natal 45-21. Again the Queensland Reds finished top!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

vCash
    Frontrow - If the Bulls do happen to win, and we beat the canes, it's Sydney that gets the home final. But I can't see this happening.

One of the few positives that I can cling to is that the Tahs did win the second half and had their chances to win the game. They were really stagnant in their offense in some phases but hopefully now they can play a tight semi-final brand of game where it's defense and penalty goals. It's not pretty but that's our best chance. Assuming they can knock off the canes, having to spend the extra week in NZ might be an advantage.

Also getting the news that Sailor wouldn't be playing an hour before kick-off can't have helped.

vCash
    Yeah, that news would of had a sobering effect on team moral, no doubt...I can`t see the crusaders losing at home, but stranger things do happen..I think you`re right about staying in NZ for the whole time being an advantage, and also, defense will be a key to any victory they achieve. So, this being said, it may not be the prettiest of final series, but if the Tahs win then it`ll be the best!!!!!
    No.8, are you a closet Queenslander, or a full blown one. Or was it the fact that they were the only Aussie team in finals and it was your obligation as a true blue Aussie to support the Aussie team, no matter who?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    We're still in with a chance. I'm trying to look at the positives...
    Have Faith!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    Assuming they can knock off the canes, having to spend the extra week in NZ might be an advantage.

Also getting the news that Sailor wouldn't be playing an hour before kick-off can't have helped.
    Sage, wingers are more easily replaced at short notice than other positions, but Sailor does get involved in ruck security where his prescence was missed.

As for the extra week; hopefully they won't whitewater raft this time as they lost to Chiefs afterwards! (and forfeited chance for top spot in finals-and two home finals-which is why they find themselves in their current predicament - losing to'Canes didn't help either!).

One writer in weekend papers pointed to poor leadership decisions as Tahs downfall.

Hopefully they can win. My positive is that at least they've played both "Canes and Crus recently and only lost by a narrow margin. So going better, they know they can win.

No.8 - good history reminder- yes anything can happen in finals - especially with sinbins - and ah those glory days for Reds!

from little things, big things grow...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticBalls
    Sage, wingers are more easily replaced at short notice than other positions, but Sailor does get involved in ruck security where his prescence was missed.

As for the extra week; hopefully they won't whitewater raft this time as they lost to Chiefs afterwards! (and forfeited chance for top spot in finals-and two home finals-which is why they find themselves in their current predicament - losing to'Canes didn't help either!).

One writer in weekend papers pointed to poor leadership decisions as Tahs downfall.

Hopefully they can win. My positive is that at least they've played both "Canes and Crus recently and only lost by a narrow margin. So going better, they know they can win.

No.8 - good history reminder- yes anything can happen in finals - especially with sinbins - and ah those glory days for Reds!
    Of course this is true, but to find out an hour before kick off? I'm not making excuses but that has to be unsettling. They did miss Dell attacking running that usually draws a few defenders in, he's made some good offloads in that situation this year too. Sam Two-Dads was on the wing and Bulls**t Berne was in the centres. Not exactly a champion lineup. There are plenty of wings in the NSW fold, we should have a proper backline again for Friday.

Poor leadership was an issue. We were given 19 penalties and they were continuously taking 5 metre lineouts even though they weren't working (whether you agree the canes were infringing or not, end result, they weren't working) but they continued to do it. Sure they needed a try, but after the 5 time, you'd figure out that you might need to try something else. After scoring the try (to bring the margin to 5) there were a few more chances for 3 points. Leaking 3 tries in the first half is very poor also, especially when you consider they let in 4 last game, and STILL have conceeded less points than anyone else.

My spirit is almost back, I think by tomorrow I'll be eagerly looking forward to Friday's game.

Based on how the Tahs worked in the second half, this is a likely starting backline:

9. Whitaker
    10. Halangahu
    11. Tuqiri
    12. Two-Dads
    13. Turinui
    14. Hewat
    15. Rogers

Last edited by Sagerian; 16-05-06 at 06:38.

vCash
    Unsettling yes, but not an excuse for a semi-final bound team, nor for the re-arranged backline up against Nonu & Umaga!

The unsettling may be more for the reason of Sailor's departure, as in a positive drugs test, as in who else has been tested lately (standard practice & no aspersions being casted!).

Just watched the game on Tues replays, and it was much worse than the write-up in papers. Poor leadership? - NOUS? -INSTINCT? Now I'm more concerned as to their Wellington success. But your right with that line-up, they went much better with it when it formed.

PS did Tuqiri start or switch wings to further compound the backline confusion in first half?

from little things, big things grow...

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    2 New Zealand Home Games!

Fri 19 May Crusaders v Bulls Christchurch 19:35 Local NZ Time, 15:35 Perth Time
    Sat 20 May Hurricanes v Waratahs Welington 19:35 Local NZ Time, 15:35 Perth Time
    Over the past few days there have been more than 8 different schedule on various sites, howvever I believe that it's Hurricanes V Tahs on Friday at 3.35 and Crusdaers V Bulls on Saturday at 3.35pm.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    friday is the important game lol ... me thinks the crusaders are gonna do it again

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr
    Over the past few days there have been more than 8 different schedule on various sites, howvever I believe that it's Hurricanes V Tahs on Friday at 3.35 and Crusdaers V Bulls on Saturday at 3.35pm.
    Yup, that's right. they swapped the 1v4 and 2v3 games.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hurricanes v Waratahs Live 3:00 WST Friday Fox Sports 2
    Crusaders v Bulls Live 3:30 WST Saturday Fox Sports 2
    Hurricanes v Waratahs Replay follows Live Match on Saturday at 5:32 WST. Fox Sports 2

Note Friday is half hour earlier than Saturday, don't be dissapointed by being late.

Also if interested on Fox Sports 1:
    Heineken Euro Cup, Final, Biarritz v Munster 9:30pm WST Saturday

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs
    Hurricanes v Waratahs Live 3:00 WST Friday Fox Sports 2
    Crusaders v Bulls Live 3:30 WST Saturday Fox Sports 2
    Hurricanes v Waratahs Replay follows Live Match on Saturday at 5:32 WST. Fox Sports 2

Note Friday is half hour earlier than Saturday, don't be dissapointed by being late.

Also if interested on Fox Sports 1:
    Heineken Euro Cup, Final, Biarritz v Munster 9:30pm WST Saturday
    That should just be 30 miutes of season highlights before the main event I would say

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast