Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Force misses out as ARU forms secret comp

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I say F--K QLD and NSW

lets send our academy team to play the Saffers academy sides. QLD is full of nancies from GPS schools. We need some hard competition.

RSA is not much further than QLD

Whilst we're on the subject, lets make WA a separate country. I'm tired of getting reamed by the ATO to support all those lefty commo lezzo welfare bludging w@nkers from the eastern states.

TOCC, grow some balls. We can't stand whining little b1tches
    That's the spirit! Forget the problem. Concentrate on the solution!

Don't worry Rex, If WA secedes you'll still get reamed; but it will be by the WATO...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Now I have calmed down a touch, if this isnt an ARU funded and organised venture then there is no reason for us to get uppity.

The rumour is that it is an IRB venture designed to get the PIs involved in meaningful competition.

If it is an ARU venture, then we have every right to be pissed off, and demand access.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    And that rumour was started on an other site in response to this article??

vCash
    Correct.

Don't normally go for these rabid West v East arguments but...

...At best, this is some serious flawed planning for the future of rugby in Australia or, at worst, typically cretinous behaviour from the Wise Men from the East.

Rugby WA - launch your own comp.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I am resigned to the fact that East Coasters generally have their collective head up their fundamental orifice.

Here's a go for you Boomer:

Western Force A
    Melbourne Rebels A
    Central Australia (SA+NT)
    Papua New Guinea
    Invitational A (Japanese)
    Invitational B (Southern African)

Spread it between Perth, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Alice Springs and Port Moresby.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post

Western Force A
    Melbourne Rebels A
    Papua New Guinea

Spread it between Perth, Melbourne, Darwin, Adelaide, Alice Springs and Port Moresby.
    Solid first up attempt. More Asian nations, I'd reckon. They are desperate for game time and we'd be doing ourselves a favour in the long-run, knowing that Singapore, for example, is four hours away, ie - closer than Brisbane.

Is six teams the go? Assuming it is...

We'd have both the Super sides not already tongue kissing the establishment, Force Academy/Seconds and the Rebels Academy/Seconds.

Then a choice of a couple of Asian teams, among them Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan. Japan are strong enough to field their own side.

An African team, probably a Currie Cup Team or Super Academy squad, for the fifth.

And what about an invitational, Baa-Baa side for headline pulling power as the sixth? A few Kiwis, a couple of trialists the Force has their eyes on from the East, a few more Saffers and a clutch of N Hemisphere ring-ins?

Bring them down to Perth. If it's a round robin, that's 15 games, plus finals. Three weeks. All day-night, double headers means it's just over seven game days. Get the grade comp involved by "adopting" a team. Feed em plenty of beers, barbecues and show 'em the sights.

We get game time, they get game time and a champion holiday.

Veteran
    vCash
    i wouldn't have a curry cup team in there, The Baa-Baas would be a little hard as they who would be playing? and then also paying for them?

I think the Asian Sides, the winning premiership side, and the academy side would be the way to go.

So,
    • Rebels
    • Force
    • RWA premiership Winner (or perhaps Central Australia??)
    • Asia 1
    • Asia 2
    • Asia 3

Would be cool for a club to play towards a spot in an international competition...

---------- Post added at 15:53 ---------- Previous post was at 15:51 ----------

Also, with getting the grade comp together, you could also give each team a club, where they would train together, that way the boys get some really good training, and the international teams get some blokes to run against.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I say F--K QLD and NSW

lets send our academy team to play the Saffers academy sides. QLD is full of nancies from GPS schools. We need some hard competition.

RSA is not much further than QLD

Whilst we're on the subject, lets make WA a separate country. I'm tired of getting reamed by the ATO to support all those lefty commo lezzo welfare bludging w@nkers from the eastern states.

TOCC, grow some balls. We can't stand whining little b1tches
    Undoubtedly if I said the first thing which came to mind in would probably be banned due to conflicting ideas with the TWF majority.. I reply in a delicate language which doesn't over excite the select few..

Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    About as much respect as you deserve.........
    :seal clap:... Yeah mate, you deserve heaps of respect yourself, sitting on a computer behind a pseudo personality trying to sound intelligent and macho...
    Psted via Mobile Device

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC;271087
    :seal clap:...
    [size=1
    Psted via Mobile Device[/size]

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    The rumour is that it is an IRB venture designed to get the PIs involved in meaningful competition.
    The IRB funds competitions like this around the world so you'd hope they'd chip in some funds for this one.

It's funny, the Brumbies announced a few weeks ago that they'd be playing the other Australian academy sides (including the Force) and the Pacific Island teams in 2011 but didn't mention any competition.

Apprentice
    vCash
    WTF this is just a similar repeat of what the eastern states did to the Western Reds a few years back, We should keep all our mining money etc in WA and stuff them.
    WE will JUST HAVE TO SMASH THEM DURING THE SEASON

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Undoubtedly if I said the first thing which came to mind in would probably be banned due to conflicting ideas with the TWF majority.. I reply in a delicate language which doesn't over excite the select few..

:seal clap:... Yeah mate, you deserve heaps of respect yourself, sitting on a computer behind a pseudo personality trying to sound intelligent and macho...
    Psted via Mobile Device
    Yeah Qld is the right place for you TOCC and you know why qlders call their beer 4x, they cant spell shit

vCash
    the biggest problem with Rugby WA organising a comp with other meaningful teams is purely distance based.. it costs huge ammounts of $$ to transport a team over the sort of distances we are talking about and there is no way that Rugby WA will throw away their measly cut of the PIE at a venture like that without having meaningful returns in revenue and depth of squads...

Asia 1, 2 & 3 is only helping Asia not WA...

the biggest issue i have is the Pie cuts... ARU funding sucks big hairy kangaroo balls!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbear-53 View Post
    WTF this is just a similar repeat of what the eastern states did to the Western Reds a few years back, We should keep all our mining money etc in WA and stuff them.
    WE will JUST HAVE TO SMASH THEM DURING THE SEASON

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:01 ----------

Yeah Qld is the right place for you TOCC and you know why qlders call their beer 4x, they cant spell shit
    Yeah totally... It's also like when WA was granted a super rugby license..........oh wait
    Posted via Mobile Device

Player
    vCash
    How much more does it cost to fly Perth to say Sydney compared to say Brisbane to Canberra.

Surely jumping on a Jetstar flight wont add much to the cost.

And guys, lets keep the personal insults to a minimum. If you disagree with TOCC fine but dont be a bastard about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    Rip into em old boy
    WA is so parochial and insular it makes me nauseus.
    Personally, I'd appreciate it if you gave them both barrels. It isn't healthy to bottle it up.
    More aggression and less whining

Kind regards
    Rex

---------- Post added at 20:27 ---------- Previous post was at 20:25 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by farva View Post
    How much more does it cost to fly Perth to say Sydney compared to say Brisbane to Canberra.

Surely jumping on a Jetstar flight wont add much to the cost.

And guys, lets keep the personal insults to a minimum. If you disagree with TOCC fine but dont be a bastard about it.
    It isn't a netball forum

I say let it rip

---------- Post added at 20:29 ---------- Previous post was at 20:27 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I am resigned to the fact that East Coasters generally have their collective head up their fundamental orifice.

Western Force A
    Melbourne Rebels A
    Papua New Guinea

That is Z-Grade and will be patronised as such with barely enough sponsorship to buy jerseys

Dead set

Controversy corner

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast