Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Stiles calls on Force to make sacrifices

Senior Player
    vCash
    Noriega could scrummage - I don't think he's a great scrum coach. Michael Foley could scrummage - he IS a great forwards coach.

Am I right in saying Rod MacQueen - a great communicator and skill-set assessor - only played first grade rugby and never got to representative level?

So arguments to support both sides.

Still, lads, don't stop - this is great fun reading your respective banter!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    thats ok,he's Victorian
    Personally I think they should be nuked. Brad Hodge has definitely been shafted though

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    I still think it is ridiculous to hire a scrum gimp as scrum coach. My opinion for what it is worth
    And I still think it's reasonable to judge him on his coaching results, not his playing career. My opinion, for approximately the same value
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    off topic again quick - "anyone from a fishing background who has handled raw prawn flesh, will know that it is limp, wet and slippery; like the sort of people at whom this phrase is directed." LOL!!

Ive never scrummaged, never seen scrum coaching,,, so dont profess to know anything about it or how its coached but if RG says the guy is good enough thats good enough for me......

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    So what position was Brad Hodge in the scrum?

Who did he play representative rugby for?

and Rex - what's his number maybe we can get him over as the Forwards assistant Coach

dead set!!!!!!

Nothing for nothing.

the wallabies scrum is failing because they spend to much time belting in to their scrum machine and zero time against a human opposition that is boring in on an angle or is pulling their weight from one side of the scrum so that the opposition can circle through the 90 to get the feed.

The Wallabies scrum is too busy trying to be technically correct that the aren't learning how to respond to Props that don't bind or drop a shoulder at the bind.

The Wallabies have a poor reputation as srummagers and will continue to be penalised by Referees who have no idea about scrums because its the easy option.

And this coming from the guy who spent 3 years driving the scrum machine for the Katherine Lions RUFC Northern Territory.

oh,

and I represented my country for 12 years - in the Royal Australian Air Force

nyah nyah nyah nyah!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Brad Hodge is the most shafted player in Australian sport
    I laughed when I read this

Veteran
    vCash
    it's ironic that when you get a spin bowler as good hosge, you get warney...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    it's ironic that when you get a spin bowler as good hosge, you get warney...
    Brad Hodge was a batsman, dropped after making 200+ against South Africa at the WACA in December 05

Veteran
    vCash
    hmm... who was i thinking of?

---------- Post added at 10:43 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

HA! i was thinking of Brad Hogg... easy enough mistake...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Brad Hodge is the most shafted player in Australian sport
    I thought that honour belonged to Candice Falzon?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Player
    vCash
    Wasnt the rumour that Brad Hodge got dropped because he shagged the wife of one orr two of the selectors?

If so, his shaft got him shafted!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    that was similar to the rumour timmy Zoerher was shafting bobby simpson's daughter

dont know if Simpson even had a daughter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    that was similar to the rumour timmy Zoerher was shafting bobby simpson's daughter

dont know if Simpson even had a daughter!
    Yes he has Gunny and she is married to Andrew Hilditch...Australian Selector and I understand it was no rumour either.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    So what position was Brad Hodge in the scrum?

Who did he play representative rugby for?

and Rex - what's his number maybe we can get him over as the Forwards assistant Coach

dead set!!!!!!

Nothing for nothing.

the wallabies scrum is failing because they spend to much time belting in to their scrum machine and zero time against a human opposition that is boring in on an angle or is pulling their weight from one side of the scrum so that the opposition can circle through the 90 to get the feed.

The Wallabies scrum is too busy trying to be technically correct that the aren't learning how to respond to Props that don't bind or drop a shoulder at the bind.

The Wallabies have a poor reputation as srummagers and will continue to be penalised by Referees who have no idea about scrums because its the easy option.

And this coming from the guy who spent 3 years driving the scrum machine for the Katherine Lions RUFC Northern Territory.

oh,

and I represented my country for 12 years - in the Royal Australian Air Force

nyah nyah nyah nyah!
    Did you get to fly supersonic fighter jets or clean them?

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:18 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I thought that honour belonged to Candice Falzon?
    Stephanie Rice

---------- Post added at 20:19 ---------- Previous post was at 20:19 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Brad Hodge was a batsman, dropped after making 200+ against South Africa at the WACA in December 05
    Mind boggling

Controversy corner

vCash
    Brad Hodge joins Victorian Bushrangers run fest
    Michael Horan
    November 24, 2010 3:26PM

GUESS who smashed a one-day century for Victoria last night? Correct, Brad Hodge.
    Hodge, the man the national selectors refuse to select, continued his perennial domination of the domestic scene when he blasted a majestic century against Queensland in the Ryobi Cup limited overs match at the MCG.

The veteran right-hander, who turns 36 next month, smote 108 off 98 balls - with nine fours and four sixes - as Victoria plundered a whopping 6-297 of its 45 overs.

Matthew Wade (45 off 43 balls) and Aaron Finch (84 off 93) also batted brilliantly, but they were forced into cameo roles as the Hodge show lit up again. Memo national selectors: In five Ryobi Cup games this season the man you won't pick has scored three centuries, has an aggregate of 414 runs at an average of 138.0 with a strike rate of 102.98.

Yet it is almost three years since he played one-day cricket for Australia and through that period his form line has barely changed.

Career-wise he is Australia's all-time leading List A run scorer - his 19 centuries is now nine more than anyone else (Queensland's Jimmy Maher and former teammate Matthew Elliott have 10 each) and, if age is an issue, he's 10 days younger than Ricky Ponting.

Hodge's sixth one-day century against Queensland was at times breathtaking in its authority and laced with an ounce of luck after Chris Lynne dropped a stinging chance at point from a full-blooded square cut when 27, and then on 92 Jason Floros made a mess of a lofted drive at extra cover.

He was finally out in the 41st over chasing fast runs in the closing overs but the carnage left Queenland a daunting 195 to get for victory off their final 25 overs.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/cr...-1225960260470

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast