Thread: Gidday from over the ditch

vCash

Gidday from over the ditch

Dear WFers, long time no log on.
    A coupla things; damned well done in Hong Kong, very exciting, home alone cheering for Wallabies! J O'C cometh the hour cometh the boy.
    2nd thing is an update on ex WForcer Josh Tatupu. Played all but the last 20 minutes of what would have to be Otago's most pathetic season. At times he played very well with almost no ball, showed S14 class at times. Was offered a 'wider training' contract with the Highlanders but chose to go elsewhere.
    Made the Samoan team that played (won 13-10) Japan team in Japan on Saturday.
    He is now winging his way to the beautiful south of France;
    Castres, meanwhile, have signed Otago centre Josh Tatupu according to reports in Midi Olympique this week.
    The 24-year-old former rugby league player is expected to arrive in France early next month. He previously spent three seasons playing for Western Force in Super 14, before moving to Otago this season.

Josh has now completed a couple of laps of the planet in his quest for professional rugby. At this stage a good season could see him in the Manu Samoa RWC team, who knows?

Hope everyone is well in the West and that you enjoyed the test. Gotta love the way the NZ v Aussie games are played.

Take care.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Nice to have you around mate and thanks for the update

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Cheers Burgs, I've just been doing a little reading re thoughts on the test. I thought Deans made a big call when he subbed Gits, I reckon most watchers thought the hook would come out for QC, confident call. QC will still win you more games than he costs.
    I feel for Steven Donald at the moment. He's coping all the shit here (he and Toeava). Ultimately he wasn't one of the 3 that that heavyweight O'Connor scored thru.

vCash
    but he was the one that missed a penalty and then went on to shank the potentially winning clearance and allowed Beale to dazzle Toeava which resulted in the OConnor try..
    even Cruden is better than Donald and ive always said Cruden is fragile but at least he is more competent in attack...

vCash
    Cruden was very ordinary in th ITM Cup this year. Colin Slade was the chap most picked as Carters back up.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    its amazing that with one loss the sky appears to be falling in

vCash
    Gidday, yerself Woody. Hope you and yours came out of the shake-up OK. The pig farmer tells me he was in Surfers at the time and got away with minor damage.

Donald had a bad day at the office, sure. But he's normally very consistant and makes good decisions. He's done a good enough job in the past and would be hard done by to get cut.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David