Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Bledisloe 4 Hong Kong

vCash
    Fire Henry, it's disgraceful that a team with Chisholm beat the allblacks!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    At the airport now with the all blacks and there are a few bruised and battered bodies sitting around...
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Be a humble and gracious winner.....(not) Go Little Ox!

vCash
    Don't worry normie I had great pleasure in telling a few of them that I had an amazing time at the game last night as we went through immigration.
    One of the team officials was saying that it was good for them to lose last night, and I couldn't agree more!
    I am also very impressed with conrad smiths black eye, I must admit they aren't laughing as much today as when we saw them on wednesday
    Posted via Mobile Device

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Awesome win.

On a side note what the hell is going on with the niggle between Quade and McCaw? A few times during the game they had encounters and if you watch the last try Quade gives McCaw a belated shove on the ground? I would have thought any 10 in the world would do as little as possible to piss off an opposition 7 especially when that 7 is someone you plays so much, even more so again because it is McCaw.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    The young backs were once again magnificent with the ball in hand - for the first twenty. Lost their way in the middle bit and found it again at the back end. O'Connor and Beale were outstanding. Pretty boys looked decidedly fragile against the AB midfield runners and especially to the inside ball. Blake will have to work hard on cover for that channel. Is he gonna carry on as D coach 'till RWC?

The lack of size is still a worry. O'Connor, Beale, AAC & probably Cooper will be among the first picked so who's gonna make way for Digby next year? Genia, at times, seems to be spending too much time looking left and right at the breakdown and needs to concentrate more on getting quick ball. O'Connor should take over the goal kicking for the next 10 years. He's lived up to every bit of hype and is worth every penny he gets paid. Hard to believe he's 20.

Elsom had a strong leader's game again. Had some great carries. Like to see him work on some offloads in contact, though. Pocock was king of the breakdown once again and was probably just shaded by JOC for the honours after his last minute heroics. The use of the bench was very good last night and seemed to steady a floundering ship. Slipper seemed to stabilise the scrum but the main problem in that dept was really the referee - at least early on. He eventually managed to suss Woodcock's trickery, possibly after a heads up from one of his assistants.

All in all a great victory. A lot of work still to do and not that many opportunities to do it before they meet The Darkness again. The AB's had a bad day at the office and probably would have held on for another heartbreaker if Carter had not been spelled.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    11 points lost from kicks. I'm spitting chips!

But other than that, kudos Wallabies. There is a chink in that All Black armour, and it's all downhill to the RWC from here. Watch them lose to Scotland!

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    11 points lost from kicks. I'm spitting chips!

But other than that, kudos Wallabies. There is a chink in that All Black armour, and it's all downhill to the RWC from here. Watch them lose to Scotland!
    The depressing thing is that you're probably right. As long as we have a coach like Henry picking out of form players who don't deserve the black strip like Rokocoko, Toeava & Donald we will get worse.

The worst thing about bleeding black is they are never beaten by the other team, they always lose the game themselves - because the wallabies are still being carried by force players.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash

Just happy to be here

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    The worst thing about bleeding black is they are never beaten by the other team, they always lose the game themselves - because the wallabies are still being carried by force players.
    You could say that about most teams though really. I mean had the ABs won, you could have said the Wallabies lost the game themselves by missing those 11 points of kicks. Or the Sydney game where we didn't keep the intensity for the last 10. Or in Pretoria letting the Boks back into the game.

Or for the Boks losing the intensity against the ABs and letting in 2 in the last few minutes in JoBurg. Or letting Australia claw back in Bloemfontein even when a man down.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Stephen Donald gets knifed when (IF!) he returns to New Zealand.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Exactly, the All Blacks didn't lose the game, it was a good and close contest with both teams doing pretty well besides their kicking.

Even though he misses tackles. Cooper is nothing short of amazing, he had a hand in almost all our linebreaks and tries. Those passes bring back memories of Larkham!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Australia's gift to NH Rugby, thirty pissed off AB's

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    My favourit comment from Henry was him saying that it was a "nothing game" right after saying that "they hate taking the foot off the throat".

I just hope the Aussies don't get complacent against some of the NH teams, as they have done in the past. From now on it's win every game at full intensity.....ehem, well maybe take it easy agaist the Scottish.

Just happy to be here

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    The young backs were once again magnificent .............. if Carter had not been spelled.
    Great analysis Shasta. The only thing I would add was that I was impressed when Faingaa came on - he showed some mongrel in defence for a smallish hooker.

When Elsom has a strong game, the whole team lifts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BeeJay View Post
    The only thing I would add was that I was impressed when Faingaa came on - he showed some mongrel in defence for a smallish hooker..
    Along with 2 lineout throws from hell. I still don't understand why we persist with him. The team couldn't even back their OWN line out at the last 3 minutes with a penalty tap, to gain 20 gift-metres, because he was going to throw a complete bum of a throw. Whittaker. Charles. I don't know any of the Eastern States hookers, but they should be going on the tour instead of him, in my view.

Also Matt Hodgson. Why the hell is he not starting

Everything else was acceptable

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast