Thread: FORCE OPEN DOORS TO ASSIST EMERGING ATHLETES

vCash

FORCE OPEN DOORS TO ASSIST EMERGING ATHLETES

The Emirates Western Force opened their gym and offered staff expertise to support emerging athletes from developing nations who are in Perth as part of the build-up to the 2011 Sailing World Championships.
    The Emirates Western Force has a proud history of assisting athletes outside of the club’s main rugby focus and Assistant Strength & Conditioning Coach Brendyn Appleby put the sailors through their paces in the club’s gym.

Players Cameron Shepherd and Justin Turner took time out from their own training to offer advice throughout the session and assist the group that hail from across the globe including Moldova, the Cook Islands, India, Trinidad and Tobago, Peru and Columbia.

“It’s always great to be able to mix with athletes from other sports and see how they go about their training and preparation,” Shepherd said.

“Hopefully they can pick up a few things that will help them with their physical conditioning. We’ve got a fantastic program here and I’m sure they will get plenty from the visit.”

WA will host the ISAF Sailing World Championships in 2011 which will see the world sailing spotlight focus on Perth again, following on from the 1987 America’s Cup Defence.

The Sailing World Champs are held every four years and as part of the development of the sport a program was created to develop emerging nations. Athletes have come to Perth to be guided by Australian sailing Olympic Gold Medallist Belinda Stowell.

“It is an incredibly rewarding experience to work with these athletes and give them access to the skills and knowledge required to perform on the world circuit. These athletes are committed to working hard and putting in everything they have to live their Olympic dreams,” Stowell said.

West Aussies will be able to get a taste of what will be on offer during the Championships when a test event, the Perth International Regatta, will be held off Fremantle (16 to 21 November 2010) featuring 200 boats from 37 nations.

For more information on Perth 2011’s Emerging Nations Program and athlete profiles visit Perth 2011 website, www.perth2011.com

RugbyWA

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Looks like a freakin clown school,

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    Looks like a freakin clown school,
    you are well positioned to make that comment

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Wonder if my other blue and black team can train with them....

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    No.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David