Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Lions Tour of Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    It costs $1500!! And that's without the match tickets! They're having a larrrf, surely??!!
    My thoughts exactly!

$1500 just tpo get an opportunity to buy tickets

Quality rort that one!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    $100yr membership until 2028 for advanced sales, if you go to a lot of games i think it isn't too badly priced .. you spend more than that on a WACA membership jargs

Last edited by Happy; 03-10-12 at 14:24.
    Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    $100yr membership until 2028 for advanced sales, if you go to a lot of games i think it isn't too badly priced .. you spend more than that on a WACA membership jargs
    Yeah but a WACA membership gets me actual seats to the Cricket

Not to mention I get my WACA membership + Guest card cheaper because I play for a club

I saw this year membership + guest card is $550 without the club discount

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    what is your membership WITH discount per year ?

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Happy View Post
    what is your membership WITH discount per year ?
    $370 but that is for two seats - $185 per seat ain't bad when you realise what Cricket Australia slug for international matches!

It's closer to $200 for just one membership/seat (I never take note of that part of the form so it could be $20ish more or so)

vCash
    What do you guys think the chances are of getting test tickets through Ticketek when they finally go on sale? Will they be like gold dust? Rarer than hens' teeth?

I've been looking at the packages on www.weloverugby.com and they are really pricey! $1200 ish for 2 nights half-decent accomm and the cheapest price match ticket! (Note: I am a 5* Sheraton-type girl, not a YHA-type girl!!)

vCash
    What do you guys think the chances are of getting test tickets through Ticketek when they finally go on sale? Will they be like gold dust? Rarer than hens' teeth?

I've been looking at the packages on www.weloverugby.com and they are really pricey! $1200 ish for 2 nights half-decent accomm and the cheapest price match ticket! (Note: I am a 5* Sheraton-type girl, not a YHA-type girl!!)
    Pretty sure as Western Force members we will get a chance to obtain tickets before the general public which will include Tourists unless they cheat and have a pom reletive who is a member as well :lol

vCash
    You mean like they did at the WACA a few years back in order to secure Ashes tix?!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Pretty sure as Western Force members we will get a chance to obtain tickets before the general public which will include Tourists unless they cheat and have a pom reletive who is a member as well :lol
    Any update on this - want to book flights to the Melbourne and Sydney games, but would like to be fairly sure I would have a chance of good tickets

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    You mean like they did at the WACA a few years back in order to secure Ashes tix?!!
    Indeed. I still haven't forgotten or forgiven for the mess they made of ticketing a couple of tours ago, and to this day my cricket attendances and interest are a fraction of what they were.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Indeed. I still haven't forgotten or forgiven for the mess they made of ticketing a couple of tours ago, and to this day my cricket attendances and interest are a fraction of what they were.
    Membership > Ticket section of the WACA

Also we get full strength alcohol

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Membership > Ticket section of the WACA

Also we get full strength alcohol
    Yes, I remember my mate making me all jealous with his tales of having to queue at 6:30am to claim a seat at the Ashes as they have far more memberships than seats...

I don't ask much more than a fair crack at tickets, but putting them on sale at 9am on a weekday pretty much excludes anyone who actually has a job. The more so when that is in the evening in Britain, when they've got nothing better to do than push refresh. Don't piss around with needing an Australian address - anyone can call in a favour for that. Make them pay with an Australian credit card.

Last edited by AndyS; 23-11-12 at 14:54.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Yes, I remember my mate making me all jealous with his tales of having to queue at 6:30am to claim a seat at the Ashes as they have far more memberships than seats...

I don't ask much more than a fair crack at tickets, but putting them on sale at 9am on a weekday pretty much excludes anyone who actually has a job. The more so when that is in the evening in Britain, when they've got nothing better to do than push refresh. Don't piss around with needing an Australian address - anyone can call in a favour for that. Make them pay with an Australian credit card.
    If lining up is the only sacrifice to be made for having guarenteed seats for an Ashes Test well thats a pretty small price to pay

I've usually only had to queue on Day 1 of any Test I've been to. In fact the last Ashes Test I went to a few of the lads from the Cricket Club had been queuing since 7am and I rolled up when the gates opened and sat 3 rows in front of them

Best of luck getting tickets

vCash
    At the SA rugby lunch I was at today - 2 gold tickets for Brisbane test were auctioned off for $800. Just a tad over the market value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    At the SA rugby lunch I was at today - 2 gold tickets for Brisbane test were auctioned off for $800. Just a tad over the market value.
    So who are you taking?!
    Posted via Mobile Device

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast