Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: The WA Force new home - The WACA?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    OK Mr Smarty Pants ....

There's a post on User Titles over Here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    RugbyWA's preference is for a stadium of its home. Currently the WAFL are shafting RugbyWA, underquoting attendance figures and pumping our hard earned into Aussie Rules.

Member's Equity is right out, simply too small, and more importantly from their point of view, nowhere near enough corporate boxes.

The WACA idea is simply pie in the sky, and is inadequate for rugby's long term needs. RugbyWA is much more likely to back a purpose built stadium, like the one proposed by City of Cockburn. True, there'll be bugger all around the new stadium, but the same could be said about Suncorp in Brisbane, IMHO, the best rugby stadium in Australia. You just jump on the train and get pissed closer to home!

Any as they say in Field of Dreams, "if you build it, they will come."

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interforce
    . True, there'll be bugger all around the new stadium, but the same could be said about Suncorp in Brisbane, IMHO, the best rugby stadium in Australia. You just jump on the train and get pissed closer to home!

Around Suncorp??? Greasy Joes Cafe and the Caxton Hotel....what more do you want???

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Interforce
    RugbyWA's preference is for a stadium of its home. Currently the WAFL are shafting RugbyWA, underquoting attendance figures and pumping our hard earned into Aussie Rules.

Member's Equity is right out, simply too small, and more importantly from their point of view, nowhere near enough corporate boxes.

The WACA idea is simply pie in the sky, and is inadequate for rugby's long term needs. RugbyWA is much more likely to back a purpose built stadium, like the one proposed by City of Cockburn. True, there'll be bugger all around the new stadium, but the same could be said about Suncorp in Brisbane, IMHO, the best rugby stadium in Australia. You just jump on the train and get pissed closer to home!

I reckon I would go the City of Cockburn option if it was a choice between MES, Sui and it. A lot of people will think the travelling is a pain but I reckon a purpose built ground would easily outway that issue.

Just happy to be here

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I thought the Cockburn option was to construct a purpose built Aussie Rules Stadium.

I must admit I dont like the idea of having to travel all that way to go to a game - but if I am travelling 4500Km's for my one game a year. I am sure another couple of clicks wont hurt. And straight back on the train after the game to celibrate at

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Apprentice
    vCash
    They will not go with the Cockburn option because wasn't one of the criteria of the new stadium is that it would be close to the cdb/nightlife? They either need to bump Subi up another 10-20K and in doing so add retractable seating (this way it will be able to hold enough for tests as well, and rugby wa can then bid for bledisloe cup games/england games) OR leave the WAFC all together and go for another purpose built venue. The main problem I see is that football (soccer) doesnt have anywhere near the support of rugby, if it did rugby could easily share a venue with the glory and it would be quite a bit more feasible.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3