Thread: Microsoft Access Help!!!

vCash

Microsoft Access Help!!!

Hi,

Just wondering if any one is good at creating reports through access?

I need to be able make a report for each "patient" which includes all the "treatments" recieved. At the moment all I can get is all of the "patients" with all of their "treatments".

I have no idea what to do ...

Ideally I'd like to be able to select a patient (preferably from a drop down box) and then have their "treatment" history come up in a report.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonzy View Post
    Hi,

Just wondering if any one is good at creating reports through access?

I need to be able make a report for each "patient" which includes all the "treatments" recieved. At the moment all I can get is all of the "patients" with all of their "treatments".

I have no idea what to do ...

Ideally I'd like to be able to select a patient (preferably from a drop down box) and then have their "treatment" history come up in a report.

Any ideas would be appreciated

Thanks
    Just type medical patient templates or something similar into google. There's heaps of free templates to choose from. Just find the ones you need and cut and paste into a new document.

vCash
    good idea WRF but unfortunately what youre suggesting will only apply to the creation of the actual database.. the report however needs to be designed around that database and be able to pull the data from it and present it in a way that lonzy finds useful..

templates wont work in this case.. its been a while since i used access but from what i can make out it will take a fair bit of work to give you exactly what you need.. the key is to ensure your data is being stored correctly.. you need to create a form that you can enter data into so that each customers info is stored with their treatments and not seperately (im probably stating the obvious?) then create a seperate form that will allow you to retrieve the data recorded earlier by a number of criteria such as date: patient name & or number even treatment type.

you can then produce reports in the same fashion.. the problem with reports is that they will often spit out all the data available unless you explicitely have a filter for something in particular like the customers name..

yeah a fair bit of coding required...

vCash
    You can PM me if you like as in real life I'm a Database Administrator (or at least that is one of my many many hats)
    Without a copy of the database you are using it will be difficult though. How soon do you need it?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Wow!
    Now there is an offer of a "Senior Player"

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Wow!
    Now there is an offer of a "Senior Player"
    We know you were just about ready to make the same offer, but he beat you to it.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Where's TLH when you need him?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    It's not that hard - Access used to have a standard report thingy's - or wizards - use the wizard the wizard is your new best friend.

Start by creating a query for the treatment for each patient - upon entry into the query it should ask for the patient name - you can dp this by changing the format of the patient name box - - once done then you can get smart and change this box to a "combo" box so that it points to a "list" of patient names.

Then create a report based on that query - will end up with a list in a combo box at the start of the report - used to do this sort of thing a lot for mine sites...

Should crunch through it quite easily without resorting to SQL (not for the faint hearted)

Last edited by Thequeerone; 05-08-10 at 20:04.
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby