Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Really? Would you? Honestly?
    yes, because then they aren't talking!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    probably the only reason..

vCash
    The commentators are idiots when it comes to the subject of refs. If any of them have referee qualifications they certainly haven't used them or understand the rules yet because it clearly shows every week. They just sit there guessing which decisions are wrong and only getting it right half the time, which proves they don't know what they are on about.

Also, they are all self proclaimed coaching experts so you would think part of the blame for losing games would be with some fantastic analysis on the tactics used by coaches during games and what they should change. But no, 90% of the time its what decisions changed what scoreline and why we should have SH refs. When during the super14 all they do is complain about the refs non stop. The level of hypocrisy is just amazing. People who complain about refs will always complain no matter what country the ref is from. A fair argument for southern hemisphere refs to be used in the tri nations would probably involve more perspective than just complaining about decisions based on an opinion of retired players, but maybe some constructive arguments on what SH refs could achieve that NH refs can't. IMO, all the top refs make basically the same calls and we need to get used to the small differences for when we play in the NH and WC.

vCash
    Greg Martin is the Ian Healy of rugby.

He must have been the greatest fullback the wallabies have ever seen the way he puts down players and talks himself up.

Ian Healy was the same when he put the keepers gloves away and bagged the hell out of every new keeper that came after him when he took up commentating.

Unluckily for him one of those he bagged became Gilly a legend of the game.

And I'm slipping cause I still can't remember seeing the bloke who does the chalkboard play. Left a big impression on me if I did see him play.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    And I'm slipping cause I still can't remember seeing the bloke who does the chalkboard play. Left a big impression on me if I did see him play.
    I actually don't mind Rod Kafer. The other guys are tools though.

But it's unrealistic to assume that just because someone isn't a great of the game they can't analyse it well. Even if Kearnsy and Marto do seem to do a good job of spreading that view. Robbie Deans only played for the All Blacks twice.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Yeah I must admit he handles himself alot better than the queenslander.

Kearnsy is pretty good as well.

They all should just learn that not all people watching are one eyed wallaby fans.

I just dislike it when they take the attitude that when something doesn't go the wallabies way it was because they did bad and not the fact that maybe the other team did something good.

Champion
    vCash
    Bear in mind most of their viewing and listening audience have a far lesser understanding of the game than most on TWF, so having a few ex Wallabies as your "expert" panel of commentators will always lead to interpretations of bias.

If we are to criticise the Fox Sports guys - they are way ahead of Mexsted and his crew. Mexsted struggles with names and the laws let alone mis-pronuncing half the boks team's names.

vCash
    Mextead struggles with English.......idiot is his first language.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

If we are to criticise the Fox Sports guys - they are way ahead of Mexsted and his crew. Mexsted struggles with names and the laws .
    Tony Johnstone is OK when he's doing the commentary but turns into a bit of an arse when he's doing sideline. Grant Nisbett can get pretty parochial too. But Mexted is in league of his own. Even when his colleagues point out a law he's gotten wrong, he falls back on "Well the law is wrong then." FFS.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3