Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Bankwest Junior Rugby Competition after round 5

vCash

2010 Bankwest Junior Rugby Competition after round 5

RugbyWA

West Australian Club Rugby junior Ladder

Our team( Perth Black U/13) is top of the log and we hope to stay there for the rest of the season

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Having reviewed the results Pieter, you appear to have neglected to mention that you have yet to play the team that has thrashed you every time you've played them for the past five years!

As they say, why let the truth get in the way of a good story. You can take over from Rick when he decides to hang up his notebook computer.

Enjoy your brief moment in the sunshine.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Hey get off Pieter's case, he's one of the nice guys here!

Pieter never puts crap on on any one or any other club and is always ready to offer congratulations and acknowledgement to others, unlike most of us here who live within our parocchial little confines and see no merit in anything or anyone without.

And he has had the energy and drive to set up a website on all things relating to grass roots rugby, with little or no assistance from anyone else. His heart is in rugby as a culture, not just as a tribal concern.

He is as entitled to be as proud and hopeful for his son's team as anyone else is for theirs, and even mild snarkiness is unwarranted.

I suspect that like me you are a Paly supporter, and I can understand that we've had the rough end of the media pineapple at times, but to be honest we've been almost bipolar in our lurches from the sublime to the extraordinarily average in recent years, and we've probably deserved some, (though certainly not all) of the barbs we've received from the Perth loving Rick, which is probably what's got your dander up.

(But even he's human and actually quite a nice fellow (for a journalist that is)!)

As Action Hardcore might have said, calm yourself.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Where Blackadder has Baldrick, The Oracle has Fulvio!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Where Blackadder has Baldrick, The Oracle has Fulvio!
    or RumourMonger as the case may be ...

Senior Player
    vCash
    Fulvio, you suspect everyone of being a Paly supporter!

You need to be more trusting.

Calm yourself!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    That's really funny, RumourMonger.

Everyone else thinks I'm paranoid.

vCash
    Anyone who devotes their spare time to junior rugby, from the mums and dads taking their kids to training to the various admin positions, deserve nothing but praise here. But rivalry's good.....

Did you know "Joondalup" is an old aboriginal word meaning "that place North of the might Swan river soon to become the rugby stronghold in the West". I read that somewhere honestly. Honest

[Beer & crisps......the pre-season diet of choice

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RumourMonger View Post
    Having reviewed the results Pieter, you appear to have neglected to mention that you have yet to play the team that has thrashed you every time you've played them for the past five years!

As they say, why let the truth get in the way of a good story. You can take over from Rick when he decides to hang up his notebook computer.

Why would he mention that when all he was pointing out was that PBW was at the top of the pile and intends to stay there... he mentioned nothing of specific games or wins. so tell me how that is untrue or incorrect in any way???

Senior Player
    vCash
    My comments were "tongue in cheek" and Pieter will understand the rivalry that I was eluding to.

My point was not that Pieter was telling any untruths but that he wasn't painting the entire picture.ie what wasn't said was as relevant as what was.

No-one is questioning his passion for the game nor his commitment to junior rugby.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    That's really funny, RumourMonger.

Everyone else thinks I'm paranoid.
    and the ones that don't think you're paranoid are those that follow you around all day ....

My comments were "tongue in cheek" and Pieter will understand the rivalry that I was eluding to.
    Didn't read like you were eluding any rivalries ...

vCash
    ok thats fair enough but then i guess the fact that baysies beat Paly what was it ?? 27-0 in pre-season is nothing to go by im sure Pistol Pete will have words about that...

vCash

You also forgot to mention that Perth Black beat Paly 25-0 in the grading game the beginning of the season. This is also the only occasion in the last 3 years where Pally Blue stayed scoreless.
    The actual tally for this two teams playing each other between 2007 and 2009 is wins 3 for Pally 1 win for Perth and 2 draw
    There were also 2 friendlies played of which Pally won 1 and the other was a draw

Pally U/13 have only played one game worth mentioning so far this season

Palmyra Blue 52 v 12 Cottesloe Blue
    Palmyra Blue 50 v 0 Associates Assosiates got dropped to Swan because they lost all their matches with more than 50 points
    Palmyra Blue 48 v 10 Mandurah Bottom of the log
    Palmyra Blue 57 v 7 Kalamunda Kalamunda got dropped to Swan Also lost all their games with massive margins
    Palmyra Blue 36 v 7 Perth Bayswater Numbats a Very scrappy performance against Perth's other team

And unlike Palmyra Perth does not grade their players into a strong team and a weak team. These kids have been playing in their respective teams since U/6 We have 2 well balanced teams and will flog any team in U/13 and most teams in U/14 if we would decide to pick a A and B Team.

If we play Pally in round 11 and we loose then so be it, we will still be in the semi's and will most probably play Pally in the finals so it is still way to early to be mouthing off the way you are.

If you really have something to say then change your name to your real name and stop hiding behind your user name until then I suggest you stay in your box.

My point was not that Pieter was telling any untruths but that he wasn't painting the entire picture.ie what wasn't said was as relevant as what was.
    Ok so that is the true picture

vCash
    No offense but some of the clubs down south are starting to become a bit Joundalup like with all the ultra competitiveness. Clubs should be working together in junior rugby but i must admit there is a funny side to it down at britania every week. "WATCH THE BALL!!! HES NOT ROLLING AWAY SIR!!!! ARE YOU EVEN QUALIFIED TO REF U11s THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!! STOP WALKING YOU LAZY FORWARDS, I GET SATISFACTION OUT OF YOU WINNING THESE GAMES!!!!

All i am saying is a more laid back attitude in general would probably improve the rugby level and culture in juniors, and even coaching and reffing standards.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Okay I'll spell it out in clear English. Sorry, don't speak dutch.

For the last 4 years Pally have beaten easily Pieter's sons team. Was it 52-5 or something similar in the last game of 2009? This continued in the Guildford Sevens which Pally won.

Both Pally and PB have easily been the two top teams in their age group for the past 4-5 years. Pally has won every game in that period except for the grading game at the start of this year when half of Pally were on school holidays and two years ago in the post season game where the game was drawn. Each year these two teams have played a post season game and apart from the draw Pally has easily won all of them.

Soaks also beat Pally for the first time in the grading games but Pally beat them 91-0 in the real game and with just 20 minute halves. The grading games are irrelevant.

At this years grading game Pieter embarrassed himself by walking up and down 5m within the field of play yelling comments in dutch to his son and at the end of the game ran 30 metres onto the field of play throwing water over the players then seemed to lose his mind and joined the tunnel and pretended he was one of the players. Anyone would think they'd won the World Cup.

Why not let the boys play and just be a parent not a boofhead?

In addition, PB move players between the teams to gain an advantage eg the last game of the year in 2009 when Pieter's son and two others played the Swan Division (this was not the first time) game against Pallys genuinely lower team. They then played the next game in Gold Division and were unceremoniously whipped.

The scores are not really that important to Pally parents or even winning however when you read some of the garbage being spruked on this website it warrants a response. Clearly to Pieter, winning is important but at the end of the day aren't we here to see the boys learn some skills and enjoy themselves? Most Pally parents would like our team to lose a few games as learning to lose is part of the game.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast