Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Canno calls Tahu a muppet..

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Canno calls Tahu a muppet..

Hey peanut, give back your Wallabies jersey

Jumper trashed...Timana Tahu in one of his rare performances for the Walalbies. Picture: Sam Ruttyn Source: The Sunday Telegraph

I'VE never met Timana Tahu, but here is a collection of thoughts that sprang to mind when I heard him rate the NSW Origin jumper ahead of the Wallaby jersey last week.

Space cadet, peanut, pelican, impostor, mercenary and muppet.
    Upon closer inspection, I discovered Timana has a serial case of foot-in-mouth disease dating back to well before he switched codes to chase the lure of more cash in rugby union.
    Tahu is a classic example of the old analogy about people who hunt with the hounds and run with the foxes.
    Here are some pearls of wisdom from the world according to Timana.
    Do you agree with Brendan? Join his Blog on Monday 11am and let him know.

After selling out on the NRL: "Coming across to Super 14 no one really knows how I play, which is probably a bonus for me."
    Or in early 2009, when the word got around he was looking to quit and head back to league, another gem: "I don't miss the game at all. I won't be going back. To go back to rugby league now I don't think I would have the spark that I had a couple of years ago.
    "In rugby, you don't see as much of the ball but, skill-wise, I've become a better player. I've learned how to pass, kick and play both sides of the field. In certain situations I play first receiver, sometimes I'm on the wing or I might be at fullback."
    And what about this dig at his old NRL brethren: "In rugby union, our players have other things to worry about than getting on the piss. They have uni degrees or go to uni and they're occupied with life outside of football. When I played league I did nothing but play league. Union is setting me up for something more."
    Tahu went on to outline how he was studying for a business diploma and hoped to work in sports management upon retirement.
    Wow. Truly, special stuff.
    Righto, Timana, my go.
    Firstly, you can start by handing back your Wallaby jumper and forfeiting the number you were given when you ran on for your first cap.
    Next, we'll reduce the number of capped Wallabies from 836 to 835, because playing for Australia obviously meant so little to you.
    Every capped Wallaby, starting from the great Patrick "Paddy" Carew in 1899, would be ashamed with your lack of respect.
    Thirdly, let's have a look at your form in the 15-a-side game. Mate, you spent more time with the West Harbour Pirates or warming the Waratahs bench than you did in any Wallaby camp. And you got paid $400,000 a year.
    I had to laugh when I read your quote about, "coming across to Super 14, no one really knows how I play, which is probably a bonus for me".
    Mate, you didn't even know how you played rugby union! Hilarious.
    Rugby fans only have to remember the Test you played against South Africa in Pretoria for a reminder of your career in the Wallaby gold.
    That was the day we found out that two extra players on the field was two too many for you.
    It was like you were playing on your own. The Springboks kept running around you, inside and out. You looked like a deer in the headlights.
    If that's the reason you rate your NSW Origin jerseys ahead of the Wallaby jumper, maybe I can begin to try to understand where the dribble that spouts out of your mouth originates from.
    Hang on, no, sorry, I can't.
    One thing I'll never grasp about rugby league - and this isn't intended to be a shot at the code - is how playing for the Kangaroos is secondary to playing for NSW or Queensland in Origin.
    Look at the fanfare State of Origin is currently generating compared to the treatment the Anzac Test received in Melbourne this month.
    Origin is everything, which for me, is just all wrong.
    It's a sad reflection when you openly have some of the game's finest athletes endorsing playing for their state ahead of playing for their country wearing the green and gold.
    I just don't get that. In rugby union, the golden pathway everyone wants to follow is to play for the Wallabies.
    So Tahu should hang his head in shame. And while I've still got hold of him, let me add this.
    Of the league converts who have become dual internationals, Tahu is by far the worst.
    The others - Wendell Sailor, Lote Tuqiri and Mat Rogers - warranted selection and absolutely loved playing for their country.
    You could see it in their eyes at the 2003 World Cup, on a world stage.
    Tahu struggled in a game he obviously felt he would be able to master standing on his ear.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225870010397

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yep your a knob. You only went back with your tail between your legs cause you couldn't play the real game.

Comment is up there with the collingwood muppet who said recently that "It's nice to play for one of the worlds most recognisable and biggest clubs". YOU MORON.

vCash
    thats more than a bit scathing

vCash
    Carefull WRLF

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Carefull WRLF
    Yep I am being carefull.

He couldn't make it in the big league, the real game, the game played in heaven and any other way you want to describe gods game so he's gone back to the game that will always be second to it.

A certain era of origin was good, it's not as good now but I'll watch it in the hope of biffo. Tahu you were never part of that era of origin either. Please don't continue to put origin in the same category as playing for the wallabies you insult so many players with that comment. Plus this is coming from a non wallaby supporter as well.

vCash
    I didn't know I could rate Brendan Cannon as a top bloke more than I did 5 minutes ago. You learn new things every day.

Tahu's a twat.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    TaWho?

vCash
    Tahu is a complete tool. I'm trying to think of any sport (with a legitmate international level) where playing for your country isn't the highest honour.

Possibly golf (comparison of majors vs Ryder Cup) and tennis (Opens vs Olympics/Davis Cup) but they ar individual sports anyway.

The only team sport I can think of is baseball, but even then the international matches are pretty big deals (Japan vs Cuba!).

vCash
    I blame the people who gave him the Wallaby jumper in the first place

vCash
    Calling him a muppet is being disrespectful to Kermit et al.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I blame the people who gave him the Wallaby jumper in the first place
    I blame John Mitchell.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I'm not saying I don't agree with the sentiment, but I read this before going to bed last night and thought on it for awhile. On reflection I was actually a little disappointed in Canno.

He has taken a ridiculous quote from a nobody player, written a War & Peace reply with very little substance, the kind of rant you would expect to hear after watching a match at the local and basically sunk to almost the subjects level. Better to have left the headline as a quote for someone else’s article rather than try and attack on some supposed moral standpoint.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    the kind of rant you would expect to hear after watching a match at the local
    I was thinking exactly that and was thinking about posting. But it sounds a lot better coming from you. I might have given the impression I'm a rabid supporter of all things Mungo.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I was thinking exactly that and was thinking about posting. But it sounds a lot better coming from you. I might have given the impression I'm a rabid supporter of all things Mungo.
    But Shasta - you are a rabid Mungo supporter

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Which is why he likes to give the impression he's still in the closet

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast