Thread: Round 6 Club Rugby results

vCash

Round 6 Club Rugby results

Wests Subiaco 32 v Rockingham 7
    Nedlands 55 v UWA 12
    Perth Bayswater 16 v Palmyra 22
    Wanneroo 23 v Associates 29
    Kalamunda 12 v Cottesloe 16

All the results can be found at West Australian Rugby and results with season ladders at RugbyWA

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Great to see some close results but what is going on with the standard of refs this year it is a complete joke thru all grades .
    Surely there must be some way RugbyWA can bring in some quality refs because the current group simply do not cut it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chertubler View Post
    Surely there must be some way RugbyWA can bring in some quality refs because the current group simply do not cut it.
    Very interesting statement.

Can you think of a way?

Maybe it is worth remembering that we (the refs) do not get paid. We receive a small "remuneration of expenses", which is less than $20 per game. We essentially volunteer our time on a Saturday to help facilitate the game.

"Perhaps if the clubs/RugbyWA paid the refs (like AFL and football/soccer, for example) that might bring out some better-quality refs", I hear you say.

But will it? How would it? Where would these better-quality refs appear from? Would the clubs agree to pay RugbyWA even more than they do now.

Every week at every game there are budding refs on the sideline watching the game. "Come on ref. you're missing a good game!" is the most amusing one I've ever heard (yes, really, that's the funniest you lot have ever come up with). Or there's the old staple "He's been doing it all day!".

If you folk think you can do a better job then why not come over the The Dark Side and show us?

Or is it just easier to bemoan the lack of talent in the current batch and then blame the ref for your team's loss?

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Or is it just easier to bemoan the lack of talent in the current batch and then blame the ref for your team's loss?
    der....

Player
    vCash
    that always seems to be the answer if you can do better come and do it .all i am saying is that as with players some are not of premiere grade standard and this seems to be the case with some refs.
    I do believe thats as with other sports payment should be made to refs.Clubs seem to attract players and manage to pay them maybe Rugby WA needs to look at ways to attract Refs .Just for the record i have reffed many jr games and also have completed my TJ course but at the end of the day i know my limits !