Thread: BULLS' CHARGE FALTERING?

vCash

BULLS' CHARGE FALTERING?

The Kalamunda Bulls are in for a hard day in the office when they meet premiers and competition leaders Cottesloe at Hartfield on Saturday, in the RugbyWA club competition match of the round sponsored by KWIK Crane and Transport Hire.

Cottesloe sit alone on top of the competition table after disposing of Nedlands last week in a last gasp 30-27 win at Harvey Field, playing slick, winning rugby and with flyhalf Dave Cloete in deadly goal kicking form. The Seagulls' only concern is maintaining focus for eighty minutes.

Kalamunda have made a bright start to the season with four wins from five games to sit third on the table, carrying on their good work from 2009 where they finished with a string of wins after a dismal start to the season.

Premiers in 2008, the Bulls have lost star fullback Dion Berryman to the Sydney club competition and talented young front rower Cruze Ah-Nau is about to leave on a tour of Argentina with the Australian Under 20 team. However, Kalamunda has gained heavyweight prop TJ Asiata from Nedlands, hooker Abe Hira and loose forward Jarrod Hawkins.

The Bulls are still mentored by wily coach Paul King and are shaping as serious contenders for the 2010 season. They started their campaign with a respectable 22-10 win over a strong Associates team and followed with a 54-10 belting of Rockingham and a solid 38-19 defeat of University. Kalamunda also impressed with a close 22-21 win over Wanneroo.

"We finished last year winning five games in a row," coach King said.

"So we just carried on from last year. I'm pretty happy with the way things are going."

But just when the season was looking promising, the Bulls went badly astray last week against Palmyra, 23-5 in a night game at Tompkins Park.

"We lost on Friday night to a very strong and competent Palmyra side, a very well coached side," said King.

"They completely outplayed us. They look as though they're on their way, they'll be strong contenders this year."

Kalamunda remain intent on playing a free-running game, with plenty of possession from a solid forward pack.

"It's just the way we feel comfortable," King said.

"That's the way the boys like to play it."

But with Cottesloe in prospect, the battle may be getting enough ball before worrying about attacking options.

"You have to give them the utmost respect," King said.

"They're the championship team, five from five, and we're expecting a torrid game.

"We know we have to do the hard work up front before we go wide, and we really have to work on on shutting down their attack.

"it's going to be a good one."

Neither can Kalamunda count on Cottesloe taking the match lightly.

"This is my fourth year and we've never beaten them," Seagulls coach Ian Fowler said after last week's game.

"So that's our goal."

In other games, Wests-Subiaco sort out the lower table positions against Rockingham at Rosalie Park, second-placed Nedlands will be in a vengeful mood after last week's loss when they meet University at Sir Charles Court Reserve, Perth-Bayswater are unlikely to break their drought against fourth-placed Palmyra at Pat O'Hara Reserve, and Wanneroo and Associates will have a vital battle at Kingsway to stay in touch with the top four.

-Rick Boyd

http://rugbywa.com.au/news/article,58281.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    also gained boom recruit Action Hardcore from the Forrestfield gymnasium

GRAB YOUR MATE!

vCash
    "i wasnt trying to be nice. sort her out is a snide derogatory comment arrogant wanna be machismos make. If someone has an issue with me then its upto them to tell me and sort it out, not whine about it."

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

Senior Player
    vCash
    Paul King sounds very knowledgable about the Kala vs Palmyra game. Almost sounds as if he was at the game.

He was in the Eastern States as I understand.

Nothing like a good DVD!

Always read between the lines in Rick's reports to find the truth.

vCash
    C'monnnnn Kalamundaaaaaaa

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry