Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Breaking News, new Western Force Recruit

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Just trying to keep the suspense ...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Although when someting is a certainty, suspense is a hard thing to maintain

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    I do believe that if he has signed the force contract then it will be a similar sum to Giteau. Doesnt suprise me given that they have the same player manager these days.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AlcoholicStalker
    I do believe that if he has signed the force contract then it will be a similar sum to Giteau. Doesnt suprise me given that they have the same player manager these days.

Stalker with the greatest of respect, I disagree. I dont see how Mitchell would be worth the same money as Giteau.

less experienced. not as established in one position, younger etc etc

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I agree that he isnt the player that Matt is but you have to realise the majority of the Giteau money is corporate, Drew is very marketable specially towards the younger generations. And I also said it was only rumour but having said that I was talkign to him on tuesday before they flew out.

as it was just put to me "Yay Evie's coming up for my birthday!!!! says:
    why not....he's a great player who's good looking"

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta
    Well me for one hopes it's a runour. Nothong against the boy - he's a star. But fullback is well covered here, in fact with the addition of Gits, we've got the whole backline covered. What we need is to get a younger lineout jumper or 2 to replace Welborn and another tighthead.
    Well today it has been confirmed by RugbyWA that Mitchell is in for 2007. Alas I think Al Kaanar will not come to Perth, but we still have a great find in Pat O'connor. 'Tahs prop Troy Takiari has confirmed he is coming to Perth, the 27 yo can play both side of the scrum adeptly and at a 120kG he is a big strong boy.

Super 14's victories next year are looking easy money. Not so easy are Super 14's finals - but possible now especially if Clyde Rathbone signs as well!

Brother Gallagher I hear you

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Mitchell confirms move to Force
    May 06, 2006 - 10:22am
    Story by: Sportal

Queensland Reds winger Drew Mitchell announced on Saturday morning that he has signed a three-year-deal to play rugby with the Western Force from 2007.
    Media speculation and insider sources predicted Mitchell's move to the Western Force all week and the Wallabies winger confirmed the deal on Saturday morning upon return to Brisbane after the Reds Super 14 clash with the Hurricanes in Wellington on Friday night.
    Mitchell said he had received three similar offers but had decided to move to Perth because of the rugby program, the lifestyle and the opportunity to link up with old mates.
    "I'm looking forward to catching up with Nathan (Sharpe), Junior (Pelesasa), Matt (Henjak), Shep (Cameron Shepherd) and Gits (Matt Giteau) at a team which has shown plenty of promise this year and will definitely have a good crack next year," Mitchell said.
    The 22-year-old is one of the most exciting prospects for Australia and has scored six tries for the Wallabies from 10 international games after making his debut against South Africa in 2005.
    RugbyWA chief executive Peter O'Meara said Mitchell's signing was fantastic for the fledgling club.
    "He's not only versatile - being able to play at fullback, either wing or at outside centre - Drew is young and we'll help him reach his full potential and he'll be a key part of our long term future," O'Meara said.
    Emirates Western Force head coach John Mitchell was equally excited and looked forward to working with Mitchell's attacking abilities.
    "He's an outside threat, who is very quick and has a good left foot kicking game," he said.
    "He'll be part of a fantastic combination in the back three - whichever role he plays - along with the likes of Cameron Shepherd."
    Mitchell is another example of the Western Force's aggressive recruitment drive and joins Wallabies centre Matt Giteau and Waratahs prop Troy Takiari as the franchise's recent signings.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Well, like it or not, he's coming West so.....
    WELCOME to WA DREW!!!!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Obviously the lifestyle and adventure- "Go west young man" ! Good luck to him is all I can say, even though it hurts from the Reds supporter viewpoint too. Force have some dynamite in backline now with Giteau and DMitchell to help Staniforth (2nd in S14 try scoring 06), plus more depth and options at fullback and 5/8,centres and wing.

With the addition of those two players, Force backline goes from adequate to super!

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash
    Force are the Bling of Super 14

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Giteau drew Mitchell to the Force

Giteau drew Mitchell to the Force

Matt Giteau's million-dollar deal with the Western Force is already paying dividends.

The battling province's latest recruit, Wallabies and Reds utility Drew Mitchell, said on Saturday that Giteau's signing was a huge reason behind his decision to go to Perth......

http://www.rugbyheaven.smh.com.au/ar...940405753.html

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2