Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Work begins on Force's new HQ

vCash

Work begins on Force's new HQ

NICK TAYLOR, The West Australian April 28, 2010, 11:06 am

Work has started on the Western Force's new $10 million headquarters with the ceremonial turning of the first sod by Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron.

The Rugby Centre replaces the facilities being used by RugbyWA - the Force's umbrella body - at Perry Lakes, which will be demolished for residential development.

The new site will have indoor training facilities, including a gymnasium, and administration offices with an adjacent outdoor training area.

It is the final stage of a three-pronged sports development in the Mount Claremont sporting precinct.

The new WA Athletics Stadium and WA Basketball Centre are already built.

"Combined with the already-operational WA Athletics Stadium and WA Basketball Centre, the rugby facility is another piece in the state government's delivery of a world- standard sports park to replace Perry Lakes' outdated facilities," Mr Waldron said.

"I can't wait to see the facility completed and making a difference to the sport of rugby in our State, and to the lives of West Australians."

Rugby WA chairman Geoff Stooke said: "We're delighted to have the project come to fruition and thank the state government and in particular the Department of Sport and Recreation for its assistance.

"The planning has been thorough and precise and the building of this world-class facility is another significant milestone in rugby's proud history in Western Australia.

"It will provide the administrative and training headquarters to properly support both our professional team, the Emirates Western Force, and our community rugby base."

The work is expected to be completed in 12 months' time.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...forces-new-hq/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    any one got any further details on this?

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Possibly on the website for Department of Sport and Recreation?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Is there going to be an actual Rugby pitch there or just a training area, and if so will it have club matches as Perry Lakes did?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    It is the final stage of a three-pronged sports development in the Mount Claremont sporting precinct.

when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Possibly on the website for Department of Sport and Recreation?
    http://www.mediastatements.wa.gov.au...ItemId=133398&

"Remember lads, rugby is a team game; all 14 of you make sure you pass the ball to ..........."

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    The new WA Athletics Stadium and WA Basketball Centre are already built.

Champion
    vCash
    ABOUT TIME BUT NEW NOTHING BAOUT A NEW HQ

Where's our f.. ken stadium!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Where's our f.. ken stadium!!!!!
    Exactly what I was thinking... Why not build a rectangular stadium and have Union, League and Soccer all based there. With their HQs at the stadium? 3 birds with one stone...

vCash
    There's a lot more here...

http://www.akreserve.com.au/index.php?id=9

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    RugbyWA Chairman Geoff Stooke and WA Sport and Recreation Minister Terry Waldron joined together today to signal the start of construction of the state’s new world-class rugby administration and training centre in Mount Claremont.

The $10million facility will house RugbyWA and the Emirates Western Force and ensure not only the best preparation at the elite level but the continued development of the code in Western Australia from grassroots up.

“We’re delighted to have the project come to fruition and thank the State Government and in particular the Department of Sport and Recreation for its assistance,” Mr Stooke said.

“The planning has been thorough and precise and the building of this world-class facility is another significant milestone in rugby’s proud history in Western Australia.

“Going forward it will provide the administrative and training headquarters to properly support both our professional team, the Emirates Western Force, and our community rugby base,” said Mr Stooke

The rugby facility is the final stage of a international standard sports development precinct being led by the Department of Sport and Recreation and VenuesWest which has already delivered a new WA Athletics Stadium and WA Basketball Centre.

“Combined with the already-operational WA Athletics Stadium and WA Basketball Centre, the rugby facility is another piece in the State Government’s delivery of a world- standard sports park to replace Perry Lakes’ outdated facilities,” Mr Waldron said.

“The rugby centre replaces Rugby WA’s facility at Perry Lakes, which is to be demolished to make way for residential development. It will include administration space for Rugby WA and indoor training facilities, with gymnasium space and change rooms.”

Esslemont has been awarded the contract to build the facility, which the Minister said was expected to take 12 months and ticked all the boxes environmentally and in regard to disability access.

“As with its accompanying athletics and basketball facilities, the rugby facility incorporates environmentally-sustainable design initiatives such as photovoltaic cells for power generation, solar passive design, and low energy lighting,” he said.

“Also, the gym and change room facilities include enhanced accessibility provisions to ensure people with disabilities can take full advantage of the new facilities.”

Mr Waldron said the new facility would not only serve WA rugby for many years to come and provide an enormous boost to the game in WA, it would also encourage participation in the sport at all levels.

“Behind the building of facilities such as this is an overarching goal to provide the platform for West Australians to participate and excel in their chosen sport, creating healthier and happier individuals and stronger and safer communities in the process,” he said.

“I can’t wait to see the facility completed and making a difference to the sport of rugby in our State, and to the lives of West Australians.”

Champion
    vCash
    Only limited outdoor training facilities, no full size rugby ground and training expected to be conducted elsewhere! Shame they couldn't have incorporated a rugby ground into the plan so all training could take place there.

vCash
    Shame they couldn't have included a new rectangular 30,000 seater stadium (although public transport to that area isn't great).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PerthGirl View Post
    Only limited outdoor training facilities, no full size rugby ground and training expected to be conducted elsewhere!
    They train at UWA as part of some part of sporting centre of excellence don't they? WA Cricket will be moving out there when the WACA redevelopment starts. I remember reading about it ages ago. West Coast do training out there as do the WA Netball side (West Coast Fever?)

vCash
    i thought they trained at mcgillvray park at the back of challenge stadium??

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast