Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: My incredibly biased thoughts of the game

vCash

My incredibly biased thoughts of the game

Ok so we lost, but did we really?

First of all - the ref. That was the most disgraceful display I have seen since I was 11 and one of the refs let his kid score a try when he was held up. Rokocoko scored 3 tries off 3 forward passes, nearly every McAlister pass was forward. Woodcock was boring into the scrum but Dunning kept getting pinged for no bind. Brown was pinged for diving over the ball even though _he did not go over the ball_, in the rules of the game you can jump and flop all you like if you don't seal the ball off, which he didn't.

And then there is the advantage for offside. I counted 5, that's right 5 new advantages called at the blues line for being offside, yet after all 5 it was only a warning. That was the biggest load of bullshit I have ever seen!

Secont, as someone else said in the halftime thread (sorry for not remembing the alias) how come we only play decent attacking football in the last 10 or 5 minutes?

Third, the defense on the wing, start with Cummins to fix that?

I know I bash Mitchell at every chance, because I think he deserves it but we did play OK tonight if you take the ref out of it. Our defense up the middle was great, but on the wings as Robyn pointed out earlier they were just able to glide past.

Did we deserve to actually win the game? That's up in the air. But we did not deserve to be down by 38.

edit> oh and the away strip, it looks awful! We either need the gold back, or white with blue hoops.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    we deserved to win. we played much better but clearly the reffing was rigged. we played so well in the first couple of minutes (partly due to crappy fumbling by the blues) and we missed a try and two conversions. we would have had 14 points more than we did. those calls against us were retarded and untrue most of the time. dunning seem right annoyed but he does have a history and he did go down but at the hands of woodcock.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    fair enough to bash the ref if you want jombi!!...for all youve said, that was never a penalty try so it works both ways i guess, we failed to take our chances in our early domination of play in the first half.... onwards and upwards i say bring on the 'saders!!...

vCash
    The ref was fine. He may have been making odd decisions but he was pretty consistent, and was pretty good at the scrums. there was so much running rugby for once, instead of just 80 mins of scrum resets. In the end it was a good game to watch.

The Blues outplayed us and we could not score trys. Looking forward to the crusaders game. JM always has an outragous plan for them, remember the year they kept attacking the right.

vCash
    Bloody refs.................

Get rid of the lot of them; that's what I say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Bloody refs.................

Get rid of the lot of them; that's what I say
    at least the game would have been fair and consistent that way......we still would have lost, but we wouldn't be getting penalised for bullshit whilst doing it!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    The ref was fine. He may have been making odd decisions but he was pretty consistent, and was pretty good at the scrums. there was so much running rugby for once, instead of just 80 mins of scrum resets. In the end it was a good game to watch.

The Blues outplayed us and we could not score trys. Looking forward to the crusaders game. JM always has an outragous plan for them, remember the year they kept attacking the right.
    That's the thing though mate, we were outplayed BECAUSE of the ref! We were unfairly pinged in both the scrum and the ruck. Remember that whole 'let the ball carrier place the ball' new rules crap this year? The ref didn't!

Quote Originally Posted by slomo View Post
    fair enough to bash the ref if you want jombi!!...for all youve said, that was never a penalty try so it works both ways i guess, we failed to take our chances in our early domination of play in the first half.... onwards and upwards i say bring on the 'saders!!...
    It was a penalty try, he was offside and ran between the ball and the receiver. You can't get more of a penalty try! If it wasn't the 80th minute it would've been a yellow aswell.

vCash
    I fail to see how the ref missed countless tackles on Ranger. If the fly half is unmarked, how can the rest of the backline be marked properly. Give Ranger and McCalister space and you will never beat the Blues.

The scrum calls were about even, most looked like good calls, but if anything he gave 2 incorrect calls to both teams which kind of cancel out.

The Ref didn't lose the game, we couldn't even score when given 3 penalties in a row 5 metres out....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    I fail to see how the ref missed countless tackles on Ranger. If the fly half is unmarked, how can the rest of the backline be marked properly. Give Ranger and McCalister space and you will never beat the Blues.

The scrum calls were about even, most looked like good calls, but if anything he gave 2 incorrect calls to both teams which kind of cancel out.

The Ref didn't lose the game, we couldn't even score when given 3 penalties in a row 5 metres out....
    ??? Ranger was only on for about 10 minutes, and McAlister was throwing forwarded passes allover the place, didn't run at the line that much.

The scrum calls were not even, because Dunning was pinged for something Woodcock did. At the start of the game Woodcock was called for it, then Dunning comes on and suddenly it's his fault!

3 Penalties in a row 5m out should = yellow card, but it didn't.

We need the neutral referee rule back.

Senior Player
    vCash
    As one eyed as I am, I thought the ref's performance was actually ok. The scoreline flattered the Blues, but the game suited them - lots of open running, and as Sharpie said we were not aggressive enough in the tackle so that we needed 2 or 3 to bring a player down - they usually got over the advantage line and our defensive line was compromised from then on.

I don't know how you can say our midfield defence was good - they made a fair no. of line breaks.

As was said beore the game, the Blues are a "confidence" side. If those other 2 penalties went over and the pass from Crossy to Bart stuck, it could have been a whole different ballgame. As it was they (the Blues) played themselves back into it.

I'm glad Dunning was pulled - he was poor.

Our problem was that of the first few rounds - getting into the red zone countless times, but no meat pie to show for it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jombi View Post
    The scrum calls were not even, because Dunning was pinged for something Woodcock did. At the start of the game Woodcock was called for it, then Dunning comes on and suddenly it's his fault!
    Jombi Why did Mitchell hook Dunning after 10 minutes if it wasn't his fault. He has done nothing at the Force yet. The sooner he goes to the Rebels the better. I am just worried that we cannot get rid of him

There was a couple of dodgy calls but the Force was their own worse enemy.

The Force played flat footed, COY was awfully slow and made very poor desisions. The back-line defence had holes everywhere.
    Sharpie played just as poor, he deliberately gave away penalties and did not gain meters tonight.
    Shepherd was nowhere to be seen !!
    At this rate we will loose against the Cheetahs and the Lions as well

Starting Charles was a mistake as was playing Bart.
    I would also have given Wykes a run replacing Sharpie for the last 5 or so.

The starting back-line should have looked like this in my opinion

Turner
    Hill
    Cummins
    JOC
    Cross
    Inman
    Shepherd

Bench
    COY
    Bart
    Harris

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    Jombi Why did Mitchell hook Dunning after 10 minutes if it wasn't his fault. He has done nothing at the Force yet. The sooner he goes to the Rebels the better. I am just worried that we cannot get rid of him

There was a couple of dodgy calls but the Force was their own worse enemy.

The Force played flat footed, COY was awfully slow and made very poor desisions. The back-line defence had holes everywhere.
    Sharpie played just as poor, he deliberately gave away penalties and did not gain meters tonight.
    Shepherd was nowhere to be seen !!
    At this rate we will loose against the Cheetahs and the Lions as well

Starting Charles was a mistake as was playing Bart.
    I would also have given Wykes a run replacing Sharpie for the last 5 or so.

The starting back-line should have looked like this in my opinion

Turner
    Hill
    Cummins
    JOC
    Cross
    Inman
    Shepherd

Bench
    COY
    Bart
    Harris
    Dunning was hooked the exact same reason Baxter was for aus last year, because the ref had it in for him!!!

Sharpe gained metres, he just dropped the ball over the advantage line, and as for your backline do you really want Inman at 14? He has played well at 13 and I don't really see a reason to move or drop him.

As for Bart, you can't blame him for dropping that ball in the opening qtr, his hair got in the way.

vCash
    Hopefully spanner's back next week as well. I don't think Inman has been all that outstanding this year. He's been solid, but has not really given us too much in attacmk or defence. I never really seem to notice him in a game. Can't remember him making any linebrekas either, which is really what you want your centres to be doing.

As much as I think we should be trying to develop him, I would put him on the bench if spanner is back.

Would like to see JO'C at inside as well with our full playing stocks back and Shep in his favoured position of fullback, which will also let him get a bit more involved as well

Rookie
    vCash
    Dunning was hooked the exact same reason Baxter was for aus last year, because the ref had it in for him!!!

Sharpe gained metres, he just dropped the ball over the advantage line, and as for your backline do you really want Inman at 14? He has played well at 13 and I don't really see a reason to move or drop him.

As for Bart, you can't blame him for dropping that ball in the opening qtr, his hair got in the way.

I think dunning made a couple of muffs with his binding. Looked pretty straightforward on the replay. I'm no scrum expert but he put his arm straight on the turf each time. I'm not a big fan of Baxter cos he goes down like a deck of cards
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    ??? Ranger was only on for about 10 minutes, and McAlister was throwing forwarded passes allover the place, didn't run at the line that much.

3 Penalties in a row 5m out should = yellow card, but it didn't.

We need the neutral referee rule back.
    Sorry, i ment Stephen Brett, whover their number10 was. And, when i say the ref didn't miss all those tackles, saying McAlister was throwing forward passes isn't really an argument lol.

And, while you might want 3 penalties to = a yellow card. That is not the case and isn't an excuse for not scoring.

Anyway, we were outplayed badly and its silly to blame the result on the ref when you take a look at the missed tackles from us.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast