Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: QC

vCash

QC

Speculation abounds on one Quade Cooper joining our ranks. Is this a good or bad thing, the prospect of QC joining us that is?

We all know that Rugby is similar to F1 in that where there is smoke there is usually fire. So perhaps there are some backroom 'confirm nor deny' tactics going on to get QC.

This kid is bigger than Jesus right now and just looks electric. There is no doubt he would link up well with the likes of JOC. The other benefit of course is the fact that a move west smashes the Genia/QC combo thereby again dealing to the Reds

What are your thoughts? Is he a good fit? Is he the missing link? Will we have to lock up our laptops??

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Quade's fit will depend more on the coach than the players.

Mitch has done well developing young guys into Wallabies and has similarly done well with the Forwards, however he hasn't had much luck with high paid superstars neither is his track record great reforming brats........

I reckon the rub will be dependent upon Quade's reasons for signing. If he's over here to make a quick buck and have a party (Giteau Mitchell and Dunnig-esqe) then we would do better with somebody like Stef.....That being said, if we nab him for a couple of years and we get a coach who can direct him well he could be a good aquisition.

I think it's a telling coincidence that he's playing his best rugby under the Linkster!

C'mon the

vCash
    While rumour and speculation makes things interesting and a bit of fun I think that is all it will remain until after his court case in July.

While QC is innocent until proven guilty I still think he is in deep shit.

If media reports are correct the cops basically caught him red-handed and I don't recall him declaring himself innocent of the charges. The police must consider that they have a water tight case against him as the charges have not been dropped, and I don't think the police would continue to prosecute a high profile Australian sporting representative if they thought there was a chance of them ending up with a massive amount of egg on their face.

If QC is found guilty what then from the ARU?

Has QC broken Wallaby protocols? You would imagine there would be some clause in their Wallaby contract about commiting criminal offences. At the very least he will have been guilty of bringing the game into disrepute.

Remember Lote had his Wallaby contract torn up for breaking team rules, taking a girl to your hotel room is not illegal and certainly not a criminal offence, so by that standard QC will have his Wallaby contract shredded before he is able to step outside the courthouse.

Will the ARU consider QC indispensible to their WC aspirations and prostitute their own moral standards in the hope of WC glory?

If his Wallaby cotract is terminated will the ARU still be agreeable to him playng for an Aussie team in the super14, and if so will there be any moral dilemma at a provincial level in offering him a contract?

I know I sound like I am sitting on a very high horse asking these 'moral' questions but I think they need to be asked;

Should players be held to a higher behavioural standard at Wallaby level than at provincial level? My answer would be yes because they are representing us on the international stage.

Should we turn a blind eye to his criminal behaviour while a Wallaby if it meant success at the WC? My personal opinion is that I would rather we lose the WC than than have the Wallabies reputation dragged through the dirt. This of course leads to the question of whether there is any law in international rugby prohibiting people with criminal convictions from playing the game at the international level. Probably not.

If his Wallaby contract is torn up but is still allowed to play at provincial level why would he not then take up a contract from Japan or Europe where he could earn a lot more money? Maybe the only thing stopping this would be each countries individual immigration laws pertaining to visas for people with criminal convictions.

Having said all this QC may very well be found innocent, he will then no doubt continue to be a Wallaby and will be very much in demand from the provinces.

I have never met the guy so others who do know him would be in a far better position to make a judgement call on what kind of a person he is...I must admit though I do feel a little uneasy about him....

vCash
    I'd want to see Stefano hunt play a few games before deciding on Cooper.

If Hunt is our next big flyhalf (and I assume he still is) then it might be best to get another marquee flyhalf for Hunt to learn/play off rather than Cooper starting every week.

Also I don't want my laptop stolen.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    apparantly he was so pissed that he could not recall the events of that evening,doesnt know how he even got to be in that apartment
    no doubt he has got hold of a top lawyer
    Either way BB,he has no intentions of coming over to the Force

I have no laptop,so no problem there
    its the contents of my Esky I worry about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    apparantly he was so pissed that he could not recall the events of that evening,doesnt know how he even got to be in that apartment
    no doubt he has got hold of a top lawyer
    Either way BB,he has no intentions of coming over to the Force

I have no laptop,so no problem there
    its the contents of my Esky I worry about
    Just a thought, he would fit in so well in mungo ball. At least he didnt gang rape, assault or take a dump in a hall way. And you can say what you like about QC but at least he doesnt get plastered and get his pic taken dancing on a bar in his jocks with a tie wrapped around his head Pat Cash style.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    When is Genia's Contract with the Reds Up?

War is Gods may of teaching Americans Geography

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    Just a thought, he would fit in so well in mungo ball. At least he didnt gang rape, assault or take a dump in a hall way. And you can say what you like about QC but at least he doesnt get plastered and get his pic taken dancing on a bar in his jocks with a tie wrapped around his head Pat Cash style.
    I here Cash converters is a new gold sponsor next year...... QC coming over to head up the new deal

Player
    vCash
    We need a decent fly half for next year and maybe the year after.
    Hunt is a good up and comer, and then there is Godwin who is about 16 now, but should be good in about 5 years.
    But before Hunt develops, we need someone to fill the gap. QC would be a great fit. If we can keep Hill here for another year just as good.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Agreed Farva, I think we need some experience at #10 for next year to support all the youth coming through, with Hunt to be ready for 2012.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Jus t finished the reds and sharks game........QC had a blinder. cant wait to watch the rugby club next week after the way they were carrying on about genia making qc look good.....what a bunch of knobs.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    He did look good...hope Digs is ok..

vCash
    That breakaway ioane made at the end was awesome. im interested in how many tackles he busted for the game. seemed like they couldnt touch him. pretty awesome performance by digby. him , qc and braid were the three best in my mind for the reds.

vCash
    Another brilliant game by quade early this morning..........

vCash
    or you develop your own talent rather then looking for a quick fix

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast