Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Positives

vCash

Positives

Always look on the bright side of life hey!

Matt Hodgson - Playing with heart and tenacity. Imagine it once pocock and browny return.......

Sharpey - Making yards with every ball carry. I believe they call it going straight (not like some others within the team).

Sheehan - Absolutely smashing anything in an opposition jersey. If only some other players had as much pride in their own jersey. Passing is crisp as well.

James O - Breaking tackles every time the ball gets to him. Power to weight ratio is phenomenal. Kicking game is improving also.

Ben McCalam - Solid workhorse for somone so young in supercaps, will only get better.

Go Team!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I was also impressed with Hill
    What limited ball he got was dealt with effectively, kicking was accurate and passing on target.. He was unflustered and if he had more ball we wouldve had a very different game, definitely the most effective 5/8th weve had so far this year.
    OConnor made yards but without anyone outside him I can see why mitchell doesnt want him running at 1st reciever.

There were two basic areas that let us down. the Lineouts (SHOCKING!) and manning up in defence.

DHP had yet another shocker but he had courage and was at least willing to stick his neck out and try something. Strength in tackles his his biggest weakness and for this one big problem, unfortunately for him i doubt he'll even be on the bench next week... we may finally see Hunt join the fray and OConnor back to 15 next week.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    The Reds 7 tries and 6 conversions raised $12,200 ($1500/try, $500/penalty and $200/conversion) for the St George foundation which runs a program assisting under privileged kids ...

vCash
    ... so the force were really just helping out the kids ...

"Believe in the best, think your best, study your best, have a goal for your best, never be satisfied with less than your best, try your best, and in the long run things will turn out for the best."

vCash
    We were applauded for our generousity on the way out of the ground

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    We were applauded for our generousity on the way out of the ground

vCash
    Atleast when we lose some good comes out of it, no doubt the charity will be most grateful!

vCash
    I'd like to praise Brett Sheenan. What a little trooper. The stud marks all over his face and the grit'n'spit everywhere. I'd like to claim he's the feisty-est scrumhalf ever, but unfortunately I was wearing my Henjak shirt. He's the feity-est on the field. He's not just a halfback, he's got a whole backrow packed inside his little cotton socks and kudos for a great game. He's definitely got the kind of passion we need. My MOM.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    Yeah, yeally liking the work of all those guys.

I'd like to give a big shout out to Ryan Tyrrell, he showed a helluva lot of ticker coming back onto the field when Pekka did his shoulder in.....at the end of the game, our lineout stats were 10/5.....not bad since when Pek went down they were 0/5.

You might have had a hard baptism mate, but to get the throws right after being smashed so hard in the confidence muscle took some guts!

You know, I reckon pretty much every young bloke we've fielded has stepped up beyond our expectations, were, in contrast our vaunted front row (or at least the hugely experienced bookends) have been ordinary. Is it time to go with a front row of Pek, Kieran and Ryan?

K-Bomb and Ryan have plenty of experience together from Rocko games!

C'mon the

vCash
    ryan was solid in defence as well. he made good tackles and i belive he stuck most of them as well.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    The Reds 7 tries and 6 conversions raised $12,200 ($1500/try, $500/penalty and $200/conversion) for the St George foundation which runs a program assisting under privileged kids ...
    Yeah John Mitchell told me the other day that the Force played that badly on purpose.... they figured all our players looked awful the Rebels wouldn't want to sign anyone.

He also said he was thinking of the kids...

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Lead the way, Rocko boys!

Rookie
    vCash
    There were not too many positves from that match.
    I have never seen worst line out throwing in my 20 years of watching rugby. Pek Cowan and Ryan Tyrell have very poor games, I cannot believe how bad it was. When you are struggling at line outs just go to 2..
    Dunning and Henderson had very poor games, I'm not sure whats wrong with Dunning, he is normally a very dependable player but this season he has been very poor.
    Sharpe, McCalman, Sheehan, O'Connor are playing well, thats a positive.
    I could not believe the mid field defence, when I see a 12 running through the mid field un touch to score under the posts I get very annoyed.
    Haylett Pety had a very poor game, his attempted tackle, his failure to kick the ball out of the 22, his pass to Higginbotham, it was a very poor match.
    I did not see much of Hill, I'd say give him another game at 10..
    It looks like the players are playing with no confidence, they are too scared to try things, I'm sure they are trying 100%, there are alot of players who are capable of so much better, something is wrong.
    I've also got to mention we are getting worse with every game. The Brumbies game was probably our best performance followed by the Hurricanes and the last 2 against the Chiefs and Reds have been by far our worst.
    team for the next match.. Lomgbottom, Whittaker, Fairbrother, Hockings, Sharpe, McCalman, Hodgson, Wykes, Sheehan, Hill, Cummins, JOC, Cross, Staniforth, Bart rev - Cowan, Dunning, Jones, Stanford, COY, Harris, Haylett-Pety.
    Hopefully we are able to compete with the tahs...

vCash
    cant agree with you about tyrell. i only saw the second half. but he was pretty dam solid

vCash
    i thought tyrell was great. so what he didnt have great throws. its his first super14 game. he tried his best, and he did put in some good solid tackles to try make up for wonky throws.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast