Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Controversy Corner Reds V Force

vCash

Controversy Corner Reds V Force

The Reds have talked it up. To be fair, they have surprised some more fancied opponents and they have delivered some unexpected wins to their long suffering supporters. Last weeks win over the Chiefs leaves us in no doubt that there is a strong spirit in the camp.

There is some real menace in the Reds halves. Genia is the new Jesus of Australian rugby. He is fast. He is tough. He is huge for a 9. He has courage and will put them on the front foot with sniping runs from the breakdown. Genia is a class act. He must be nullified around the rucks or they will cut us to shreds

Cooper has been in some good form. He is King or Clown and can easily be made to look like a fool with some pressure. He can't tackle and hopefully there will be some monolithic carcases headed down his channel all night. If he is pressured, he can lose the plot. Expect some hits off the ball and some niggle. He isn't a smart man and can easily be put off his game by getting involved in gutter diatribe. Mental disintegration is the key here. When he's bad, he's very bad

Faingaa at 12 has surprised. His defence has been sound and some of his incisive straight running has raised some eyebrows in Australian rugby. With coopers hesitant defence, there could be some opportunities in this area however. If Rabbit plays 12, we could cut a swathe through this area.

Tooheys Newie is fat and in the way. Cross should cause him some trouble but Cross has been out of form, possibly due to the chaos and incohesion around him

The Reds have some pace on the fringes and can hurt us here. Luckily we have Cummins and Spanner back. Even stevens

The Reds backrow has been fantastic. Higgenbotham is built like a brick sh1thouse. He is in great form and can mix it in any company. Braid is the form 7 of the super 14 and is in such good touch, the allblacks are rethinking their overseas player selection policies to make an exception for him. The Force backrow was a massive strength before the loss of Pocock and Brown. McCalman has showed he has what it takes. Hodgson is Mr Perpetual Motion. He is hard. He is an old fashioned goer who belts them in defence and his speed and leg drive in attack causes a lot of problems. He's a go-to-man for a crisis. He has a head like a beaten favourite and is as hard as the coffin nail. His reputation is growing but since his rise was based on ability and not name, he fears nobody. When he runs on the field, he knows he's good enough. He earned the right to play professional rugby built on courage, tenacity, toughness and an indomitable spirit. He'll smash QLDers and spill his blood. This bloke deserves the wallaby 7. Qld possibly has an edge here as we have inexperience and an 8 playing out of position with a hair band.

The locks for either team are far from special. Sharpie gives us an edge here

QLD is dead set soft in the front 3. They are vulnerable. Messrs Fairbrother, Cowan and Dunning must be on their game.This is an area the Force has a distinct advantage and must dominate. If we disrupt their scrum they will be going backwards all night. They will bore in and collapse in an effort to divert the mismatch. If we get a referee that has any clue about scrums (which is doubtful) we may get a feast of penalties. Our front 3 will dominate and set up an impressive away win

Force by 10

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Rex Messup; 11-03-10 at 18:20.
    Controversy corner

vCash
    A very eloquent dissertation, Rex.

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'm quietly confident.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

Champion
    vCash
    Digby's out Batho. is out we are in front!!!
    EWF by 3

Veteran
    vCash
    REx, that was actually a good read, why do you come up so much otrher crap, i almost didnt read it until i saw praises at the bottom.

cheers.

---------- Post added at 08:44 ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 ----------

i also really liked faingaa in the centres, i even saw him help in a rolling maul last week. I really hate those damned lazy backs... but it was good to see a couple of them get stuck into rucks/mauls...

still think Force can get them, though i have only ever had the one eye!

Champion
    vCash

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    The Reds have talked it up. To be fair, they have surprised some more fancied opponents and they have delivered some unexpected wins to their long suffering supporters. Last weeks win over the Chiefs leaves us in no doubt that there is a strong spirit in the camp.

There is some real menace in the Reds halves. Genia is the new Jesus of Australian rugby. He is fast. He is tough. He is huge for a 9. He has courage and will put them on the front foot with sniping runs from the breakdown. Genia is a class act. He must be nullified around the rucks or they will cut us to shreds

Cooper has been in some good form. He is King or Clown and can easily be made to look like a fool with some pressure. He can't tackle and hopefully there will be some monolithic carcases headed down his channel all night. If he is pressured, he can lose the plot. Expect some hits off the ball and some niggle. He isn't a smart man and can easily be put off his game by getting involved in gutter diatribe. Mental disintegration is the key here. When he's bad, he's very bad

Faingaa at 12 has surprised. His defence has been sound and some of his incisive straight running has raised some eyebrows in Australian rugby. With coopers hesitant defence, there could be some opportunities in this area however. If Rabbit plays 12, we could cut a swathe through this area.

Tooheys Newie is fat and in the way. Cross should cause him some trouble but Cross has been out of form, possibly due to the chaos and incohesion around him

The Reds have some pace on the fringes and can hurt us here. Luckily we have Cummins and Spanner back. Even stevens

The Reds backrow has been fantastic. Higgenbotham is built like a brick sh1thouse. He is in great form and can mix it in any company. Braid is the form 7 of the super 14 and is in such good touch, the allblacks are rethinking their overseas player selection policies to make an exception for him. The Force backrow was a massive strength before the loss of Pocock and Brown. McCalman has showed he has what it takes. Hodgson is Mr Perpetual Motion. He is hard. He is an old fashioned goer who belts them in defence and his speed and leg drive in attack causes a lot of problems. He's a go-to-man for a crisis. He has a head like a beaten favourite and is as hard as the coffin nail. His reputation is growing but since his rise was based on ability and not name, he fears nobody. When he runs on the field, he knows he's good enough. He earned the right to play professional rugby built on courage, tenacity, toughness and an indomitable spirit. He'll smash QLDers and spill his blood. This bloke deserves the wallaby 7. Qld possibly has an edge here as we have inexperience and an 8 playing out of position with a hair band.

QLD is dead set soft in the front 3. They are vulnerable. Messrs Fairbrother, Cowan and Dunning must be on their game.This is an area the Force has a distinct advantage and must dominate. If we disrupt their scrum they will be going backwards all night. They will bore in and collapse in an effort to divert the mismatch. If we get a referee that has any clue about scrums (which is doubtful) we may get a feast of penalties. Our front 3 will dominate and set up an impressive away win

Force by 10
    Hvae u thought about being a professional rugby journo ???? I think u know what ur talking about!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDAVEY View Post
    Hvae u thought about being a professional rugby journo ???? I think u know what ur talking about!
    Well he's certainly come a long way since the Controversy Corner days. I always suspected he used to trawl the dictionary for a while before he went on air every Sunday morning, in an effort to look intelligent. He still f@cked it up more often than not, though. I reckon it's likely Alan Clarkson is still ghost writing his stuff; and that would literally be a good trick.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post

Force by 10
    How can you say Force by ten based on that? You are expecting the Reds not to turn up at home clearly. We are going to get owned again. Waiting to get belted for not blindly supporting the team....

I am predicting a winless season.

Hasta la vista Pam

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronski Beat View Post
    We are going to get owned again. Waiting to get belted for not blindly supporting the team....

I'm sure not gonna belt you. There's a care factor involved.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    to be quite frank, I wouldn't expect it any other way!

I'm predicting a Force win in a tight one......one day I'll be right!

C'mon the

vCash

$10 to Lifeline or Cat-Haven (your choice) says we win a game.

vCash
    Wow. I'm agreeing with Rex *checks medication*

I would like to believe Force by 10, but think that if the final scores are in our favour, they'll be closer.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Well he's certainly come a long way since the Controversy Corner days. I always suspected he used to trawl the dictionary for a while before he went on air every Sunday morning, in an effort to look intelligent. He still f@cked it up more often than not, though. I reckon it's likely Alan Clarkson is still ghost writing his stuff; and that would literally be a good trick.
    ........says the spokesperson for the toothless and the great unwashed. Did I mention I hate referees?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Piet Van Ziel View Post
    ........says the spokesperson for the toothless and the great unwashed.
    Glad to be of service.

Watch Saints & Parra last night?

Did I mention I hate referees?
    I think so, Rex.

vCash
    Watch Saints & Parra last night?

Sure did.
    Magnificent spectacle for round 1.
    The hits were massive. The sparkling running rugby a feature
    There was niggle.
    The Saints have unearthed a big hitter. No 17 (can't remember the name) put some bellringers on Cayless and Fui Fui).
    Both sides will do well in 2010

Controversy corner

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast