Thread: Peter Hynes confident of returning for Queensland Reds against Force

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Peter Hynes confident of returning for Queensland Reds against Force

Peter Hynes confident of returning for Queensland Reds against Force

By Greg Davis
    March 07, 2010 Injured Queensland Reds fullback Peter Hynes is racing against the clock so he can help "bash the Force" in their Super 14 grudge match at Suncorp Stadium.
    Hynes missed the Reds' stirring 23-18 win over the Chiefs with a finger ligament injury sustained in the loss to the Blues at Ballymore last weekend.
    The Reds will be gunning for back-to-back wins in Super 14 for the first time since 2006 when they host the Western Force and will be full of confidence after their heroics in Hamilton.
    Clashes between the two Australian sides always have extra spice after the Perth-based franchise mercilessly plundered the Reds' playing stocks ahead of their entry into the Super 14 competition.
    One-on-one battles for possible Test spots also ensures there will be no love lost on the hallowed turf.
    Hynes - who has been a standout at fullback after switching from the wing - is desperate to be in the thick of the action.
    "These are the games you play rugby for," Hynes said.
    "Matches against the other Australian teams are always very intense and very physical and I'll be doing my best to be available.
    "I'd expect that I will be right to play. This is a game I don't want to miss.
    "There are some games in the season that take on a lot of importance for a lot of reasons. It is critical we keep in touch with the top half of the table before we go to South Africa so this is crucial.
    "The boys get a nine-day turnaround after the Chiefs so they will be rested up and ready to really bash the Force at Suncorp Stadium."
    The 22-Test Wallabies flyer said the finger injury had been improving rapidly.
    "It has come a long way since I did it. Once the swelling goes down and you are able to function with it again, you can basically play and the swelling is starting to go," Hynes said.
    Hynes paid tribute to Reds coach Ewen McKenzie for engineering the reversal of Queensland's fortunes.
    "Ewen has brought a wealth of knowledge, especially to the forwards, having coached at that level with the Waratahs and working with the Brumbies and Wallabies."
    The Sunday Mail (Qld)

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...002381,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Expect the stink come Sunday.

I hope the boys have seen this [WARNING - ROWDY LANGUAGE ALERT] and are ready to fire the f@ck up.

Last edited by Boomer; 07-03-10 at 14:09. Reason: Warning - The clip is a touch on the NSFW-side

vCash
    that van humpries video is a classic

Veteran Bookie
    Contributor
    vCash
    Great stuff. He played a excellent game. Mrs Tlh was gobsmacked, watching the telly.

the punters friend..... stick with me and you will be wearing

vCash
    The Force pack will belt the Reds black and blue.
    After that diatribe, there will be no ambush.
    Expect claret early.
    If things go well, we might be entertained to an old fashioned stink. Bring it on.
    The Force pack has performed well this year. Hopefully with an adequate backline, the Force might get their season on track.
    The Force have them in the scrum. The Force defnce has been very solid around the fringes of the ruck. This should be a good old fashioned knock em down, drag em out derby. I'm excited

Controversy corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    that van humpries video is a classic
    Language heard every weekend on every piece of park around the country but never on the TV.

---------- Post added at 22:34 ---------- Previous post was at 22:31 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Messup View Post
    The Force pack will belt the Reds black and blue.
    After that diatribe, there will be no ambush.
    Expect claret early.
    If things go well, we might be entertained to an old fashioned stink. Bring it on.
    The Force pack has performed well this year. Hopefully with an adequate backline, the Force might get their season on track.
    The Force have them in the scrum. The Force defnce has been very solid around the fringes of the ruck. This should be a good old fashioned knock em down, drag em out derby. I'm excited
    Not so sure that we've got 'em covered. A little grit and some decent defence is needed. The Reds' Pigs were good in close around the rucks and we know what their backs can do.

We're going to have to be on top form and there's been too many little lapses in our game plan during the three games.

vCash
    i think this match will be very close, realistically it could go either way, it just depends on which team turns up mentally on the night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    i think this match will be very close, realistically it could go either way, it just depends on which team turns up mentally on the night
    Sorry TOCC, not a chance in hell you're going to be able to grab the underdog card this year!
    This will be a stern test for the Force, I'd like to think the replacements they have brought in are up to the task, but I'm worried after watching what they did to a Chiefs unit which, frankly, belted us in our own backyard.

We'll be up against it, but I'm sure we'll be there for 80 minutes and it'll be more inexperience in the backs that kills us.....Hopefully we can match your pack!

C'mon the