Thread: Andre Pretorius interview

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Andre Pretorius interview

Andre Pretorius interview

Tuesday, March 02

Doron Katz sits down with Western Force flyhalf Andre Pretorius, who had unfortunately sustained a season-long injury, prior to the commencement of this year’s Super 14 competition.

Doron Katz: Andre, we're sorry to hear about your season-ending injury, before the season even took off. When you got injured, did you realise how bad it was when it happened? Did you feel that it was something that would put your season to an end? What was your immediate reaction?

Andre Pretorius: “None of us really thought it was going to be as bad as it turned out to be. it felt sore but it wasn’t until the scan results came back that we knew the severity of the injury. Everyone was shocked actually. It was such a freak thing to happen and to come out the blue after what had been the best the pre-season I’ve had in many, many years was very disappointing”

DK: How did the surgery go? Did the doctors say anything else?

AP: “Surgery went very well, the doctor was very proud of his own work, which I am happy about. I have to take it easy for 2 weeks and then I will see him again for further instructions. He said I will be out for approximately 6 months”

DK: What made you come to Perth, to play for the Force? A lot of players abroad go to the UK and France, but you decided you wanted to continue playing Super 14 in a different country. Was it a competition or lifestyle choice that made you want to try your hand in Australia?

AP: “I felt I needed a change and it was a very good move for me. I felt really positive about being part of the Western Force and looking forward to the season ahead. The lifestyle change is quite dramatic, the players can go to the beach straight after training and it is very relaxed and laid back away from the football field. I enjoy playing in the Super 14 competition and the move to Perth was a good one, everyone has been very welcoming and friendly. The only disappointment for me is that I won’t be able to join my new mates on the field and enjoy the experience of playing rugby alongside them”

DK: What are your impressions of the Western Force? The environment, facilities, team attitude, coach. What is Perth like?

AP: “The Western Force has shown me nothing but professionalism. The sports and conditioning side of things has been really good and the way they manage their players in pre-season training is really good. The facilities are great and by the beginning of next year the new facility will be up and running and the plans I have seen of this looked phenomenal... The coach is one of the reasons I made the decision to come and play here. He is honest and you know exactly where you stand with him. His attention to detail is very good”

DK: Now that you won’t be on the paddock at fly half, will you be assisting the younger players at the Force? What sort of contribution do you see yourself giving?

AP: “Well since I have been here I have tried to work with some of the younger players, so I guess that will just keep going on but without me playing”

DK: What are your plans once your one-year contract is up?

“It is only a one year contract and yes I would love to stay in Perth. I might be going back home to play there or Japan. Some European clubs have also shown some interest. I will be patient and concentrate on my rehab so I can be 100% for the next team I play for”

http://www.sarugby.com/news/News/article/sid=13181.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    His last answer contradicts the earlier report of him going to Japan. Maybe that had an injury clause?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.