Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Scott Staniforth is back!!!

vCash
    That japanese club folded like oregami

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    when they keep glancing over at me i know they think iam cute and are checking me out -Kalafan 10/3/10

i have difficulty in my life. alot of girls like me but i cannot ask them out. i think they like me cause i am good looking and have a nice smile.- kalafan 3/7/10

FREE LINDSAY

Born TROLLIN

vCash
    I thought you were more of an ikebane fan, AH.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Action Hardcore View Post
    That japanese club folded like oregami
    thats my nomination for post of the year.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Just a thought ... his Japanese club that folded - did they have a good quality fly-half that we might pilfer??...

vCash
    Who cares a F#@! about the Brumbies!!
    WELCOME BACK SPANNER - YOU'RE A LEGEND!!!!

Let's hope there isn't some obscure technicality in the laws created specially by the ARU to disadvantage the Force. It's an eastern states conspiracy you know!!

We also need to sign some of these guys before all our options for next season are taken up by the Rebels... At last some good luck!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by todd4 View Post
    Just a thought ... his Japanese club that folded - did they have a good quality fly-half that we might pilfer??...
    Yes apparently... according to The West they're looking at former Australian under-19 rep Matt Brandon who was also playing for the club...

---------- Post added at 10:22 ---------- Previous post was at 10:16 ----------

The Western Force may receive a last-minute reprieve in their bid to re-sign powerhouse runner Scott Staniforth to help ease their injury crisis.

The reported collapse of Staniforth's Japanese club Yokogawa means any contract would be void and the 2006 Force player-of-the year would become a free agent.

The Australian Rugby Union would have to lift the block imposed this week that prevented the Force signing Staniforth on a short-term contract.

They are likely to want a commitment from the 12-times capped Wallaby that he would make himself available for Australia before agreeing.

Yokogawa apparent demise could have another benefit for the Force - a fly-half to replace their injured marquee player, former Springbok Andre Pretorius.

Former Australian U-19 playmaker, Queenslander Matt Brandon, was also contracted with the Japanese second division side and will be looking for a new club.

The Force considered recruiting Brandon two years ago and he had discussions with the Reds about returning to Queensland last year but chose to stay in Japan.

Force officials were last night monitoring the situation and waiting for confirmation of the club's closure.

The Force missed out on another replacement for Pretorius after English playmaker Andy Goode was snapped up by the Sharks after being released by French club Brive.

A Force spokesman confirmed they had been interested in Goode, 29, the former Leicester pivot who has 17 England caps but he has gone to the Durban club on a short-term contract before returning to England to play for Worcester in the English Guinness Premiership next season.

The Sharks were also desperate for a fly-half having lost Argentinean Juan Martín Hernández for the season with a back injury and Steve Meyer, who unexpectedly announced his retirement.

The Force are not interested in chasing the signature of former NSW playmaker Shaun Berne, who is playing with Irish club Leinster, but it is understood they are keen to talk to 23-year-old Waratahs junior and Manly fullback Adam D'Arcy, who had a three-month trial in Perth last season.

Meanwhile, teenage star James O'Connor will be shouldering a massive responsibility when the undermanned Force take on the Hurricanes in Wellington this afternoon.

The young Wallaby will start the game with No 15 on his back but will double up and move into the backline as a playmaker.

Coach John Mitchell will play the talented 19-year-old at fullback when his side are defending but, as he has done several times since his 2008 debut, will switch him to fly-half or inside centre when on attack.

This will push backline players out one spot with former Australian U-20 fullback Dane Haylett-Petty moving to the last line of defence and centre Josh Tatupu covering his vacant wing.

The move has been forced on Mitchell by last week's failed experiment of using Sam Harris at fly-half, a position he had never played in Super rugby before the first round loss to the ACT Brumbies.

Canes second row Jason Eaton has been dropped after a complaint about his behaviour in a bar and winger Hosea Gear is out after having an operation on cruciate ligament tear.

Original article: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/sport/a/-/union/6829823/new-twist-in-forces-staniforth-chase/

Last edited by WF2404; 20-02-10 at 10:24. Reason: inserting article link

vCash
    The Australian Rugby Union would have to lift the block imposed this week that prevented the Force signing Staniforth on a short-term contract.

They are likely to want a commitment from the 12-times capped Wallaby that he would make himself available for Australia before agreeing.
    I wondered about that when they first overruled Spanner coming beck into the squad. That would mean no player can decide to retire from international Rugby but still play Super Rugby. The lawyers would have a field day. Fingers crossed.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I wondered about that when they first overruled Spanner coming beck into the squad. That would mean no player can decide to retire from international Rugby but still play Super Rugby. The lawyers would have a field day. Fingers crossed.
    Players such as a certain Openside Flanker for instance Shasta?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    ..........for example.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    how long before he gets to match fitness? We don't want to risk injury rushing him in here gentlemen...

vCash
    I know Japanese top 14 is not up to Super Rugby standards, Mr Negative. But surely enough for match fitness wouldn't you think, given our current circumstances.

vCash
    So he has recently finished playing jap club matches? or was it a while ago?

He is a good man for stepping in however the force should give him 1 year deal with a year option so he is covered for injury loss of payment in 2011... Its only fair...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    So he has recently finished playing jap club matches? or was it a while ago?
    Their season is actually still going. And I thought you knew everything. Well at least I thought you thought you knew everything.

Try to keep up.

vCash
    Pfft... keep up you answered my preceding question...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    how long before he gets to match fitness? We don't want to risk injury rushing him in here gentlemen...
    Yes yes we all know how much you're enjoying making condecending statements about the bravery of our team now that they've got all their talent in a ward.....but we'll be getting Spanner on the park ASAP so he can do what he did last time!

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast