Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Young guns Mitch Inman, Ben McCalman to debut for Force

vCash

Young guns Mitch Inman, Ben McCalman to debut for Force

Full team list http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=25066

WESTERN Force will debut two of their young guns in the starting XV with Mitch Inman and Ben McCalman set to tackle the Hurricanes in Wellington on Saturday night.
    Inman will start at outside centre after Ryan Cross was declared unfit following a shoulder injury sustained in the match against the Brumbies.

McCalman joins a new look back row as Coach John Mitchell looks to re-shape his pack following injuries to flanker David Pocock and Number 8 Richard Brown.

"Ben has been very impressive during pre-season and in the minutes that he has had during trial phase and competition. He's got a really good future and this will just be another opportunity for him to present his case as a loose forward," Coach John Mitchell said.

"He will keep getting better and the experience that he had against the Stormers and Sharks, and the few minutes against the Brumbies will hold him in good stead going into this match."

Matt Hodgson wears the no. 7 jersey for the first time since the 27-17 win over the Blues in March of 2008, with Sam Wykes shifting to Number 8.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/you...-1225831790542

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Burgs; 18-02-10 at 11:42.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Full team list and discussion: http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=25066

As for Inman and McCalman, I think these two will prove to be up to the standard and the best return on investment (at least for this season) of all of our signings.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    No full team list on the artcile but

WESTERN Force will debut two of their young guns in the starting XV with Mitch Inman and Ben McCalman set to tackle the Hurricanes in Wellington on Saturday night.
    Inman will start at outside centre after Ryan Cross was declared unfit following a shoulder injury sustained in the match against the Brumbies.

McCalman joins a new look back row as Coach John Mitchell looks to re-shape his pack following injuries to flanker David Pocock and Number 8 Richard Brown.

"Ben has been very impressive during pre-season and in the minutes that he has had during trial phase and competition. He's got a really good future and this will just be another opportunity for him to present his case as a loose forward," Coach John Mitchell said.

"He will keep getting better and the experience that he had against the Stormers and Sharks, and the few minutes against the Brumbies will hold him in good stead going into this match."

Matt Hodgson wears the no. 7 jersey for the first time since the 27-17 win over the Blues in March of 2008, with Sam Wykes shifting to Number 8.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/you...-1225831790542
    Looks like the backline is unchanged to last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! do i read that right or is Crossy out too (dropped)

The backline has had one change with Inman joining Josh Tatupu in the centres while Brett Sheehan and Sam Harris will again team up in the playmaker positions.

The back three of Haig Sare, Dane Haylett-Petty and James O’Connor remain, and will be looking for the tryline after the team went without a five-pointer in week one.

Chris O’Young, Stefano Hunt and Joelin Rapana will start on the bench.

Tyrrell, Jones, Hunt and Rapana would make their Super 14 debuts if used as substitutes

---------- Post added at 12:11 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Full team list and discussion: http://twf.com.au/showthread.php?t=25066

As for Inman and McCalman, I think these two will prove to be up to the standard and the best return on investment (at least for this season) of all of our signings.
    Spot on I hope they have a blinder even if they dont win I would like to see some of the old crew have to earn their stripes. ie Crossy, Sheps and Cummins

vCash
    Congrats Mitch Inman and Ben McCalman.... get into them lads... all the best...

Rookie
    vCash
    I've been going on these types of web sites for a while and I'd have to say the people on this forum are the rudest and harshest fans I've ever seen. Are you people fans of the Force at all or do you just come to this forum to bag the team. They have been hitting very heavily by injuries in crucial positions and crucial players and instead of coming onto this site to say we are behind the team and as long as they give 100%, everyone just bags the team. Why??
    This is the most negative forum I have ever seen. I hope the Force comes out on Saturday night and beats the Hurricanes so everyone can be quiet for one day!

vCash
    It's funny.

Some people read TWF posts and surmise that we on TWF are one-eyed Force-can-do-no-wrong supporters, who can't face reality.

Other people read TWF posts and surmise that we on TWF are negative, cynical, fairweather fans who bag our players regardless of anything.

I wonder which is it?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Strange thread to choose jjk, where the majority of the comments are actually pretty favourable?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    It gets better JJK - all the critics (esp from other provinces) come out of the woodwork after the first game every season, and that impacts on some of the more frustrated Force supporters. You've likely seen the worse - it gets better.

You'll notice people becoming more upbeat, or at least philisophical, about the young blokes getting a good run. Players, Coaches, Supporters and even websites have lulls - stick around for joy.

I expect Harris and others to lift 100% after actually having some time to get used to the roles they have found themselves in.

vCash
    I'd have to say JJK that it gets a little like this after every win. I know for me as a hugely passionate and positive Force supporter that I generally get really bummed and negative about everything (not just rugby) if my team lose.......If it's a bad loss like getting done by an inept Brumbies team when we've been savaged by injuries then it's worse.

It took me almost five days to recover from this one, but once things start looking more positive for the boys, I cope a bit better.

You need to take more than a week's perspective and look at the entirety of a member's posting habits. I'm sure some of the posters that you're talking about have made three posts.....all negative.

You can look at their posts by going to their public member stats page, I'm sure you'll see we're not as bad as they make us look right now!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post
    I've been going on these types of web sites for a while and I'd have to say the people on this forum are the rudest and harshest fans I've ever seen. Are you people fans of the Force at all or do you just come to this forum to bag the team. They have been hitting very heavily by injuries in crucial positions and crucial players and instead of coming onto this site to say we are behind the team and as long as they give 100%, everyone just bags the team. Why??
    This is the most negative forum I have ever seen. I hope the Force comes out on Saturday night and beats the Hurricanes so everyone can be quiet for one day!
    That's freedom of speech for you. Don't get too bent out of shape jjk;
    You can't have a debate without opposing opinions.
    (Even trolls have opinions...)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Anyway, back to Mitch and the Werewolf, huge day in their careers, all the best boys

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Hopefully they wont get Stagefright like they did in CT... keep focused boys and you will come out good!

vCash
    That's a bit rough, jjk. Perhaps some are harsher than others (and usually we provide some basis for the harshness), in most cases the criticism is not directed at the team as a whole but perhaps the performance of some of the players either after a game or a range of games. I think we are entitled to those opinions, this is after all a supporters' site to freely exchange opinions, ideas and the like.

To say we are the rudest is a rather flippant remark in my opinion but as I said above, that is your opinion, and your opinion is welcomed on this site and I would encourage you to continue posting and provide that positive perspective.

All the best to the two boys..I'm particularly interested in Mitch's performance as our stocks are significantly low in the backline and having no knowledge of him, I'm praying for another "JO'C".

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk View Post

i like lego

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Congrats to them on their debuts! I hope they play as well as they did in the Shute Shield matches I saw. The competition might be tougher but if they play like they did, we should be in for a good match.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast