Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Is this really TWF, you know 'the IMMOVABLE SUPPORT behind an unstoppable Force'?

vCash

Is this really TWF, you know 'the IMMOVABLE SUPPORT behind an unstoppable Force'?

Dear All,
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the past couple of years on the TWF website. I have found it to be funny, informative, enlightening, engaging and occasionally frustrating.
    2010 appears to have a very different flavour. Recently the GayFL, Mungo and ‘Tah humour has gone and been replaced by a negativity that has usually only been voiced by a few, very few, members.
    This disappoints me and I find the lack of understanding after Round One somewhat suprising.
    To be fair there are a few who are attempting to be positive but the bulk of what I am reading is from frustrated supporters looking for scapegoats (Harris, Mitchell, Dunning etc). Stop looking, none of these guys have a vested interest in looking crap.
    In reality the first game was a fairly ordinary game of footy. The Brumbies were below what they should have been but realistically before kickoff the chance of the Force staying in touch was slim at best. And yet with 15 minutes to go the game could still have been won.
    I don’t have the benefit of seeing or even reading about the Pre Season games but I doubt in any of the 3 PS games that a backline similar to that that took the paddock last week was used.
    The forwards were good, without being brilliant, and worked hard (actually appeared to work harder as the game progressed).
    From my perspective the backline needed leadership to control structure going forward and back. That leadership could really only have come from Cross. He did play well but he didn’t run the backline, who else was going to? Bit players? A gifted 19 year old? I suspect that the game plan was (after the loss of backline leaders) to play last years aerial game as a way of getting/staying out of trouble. It almost worked through some outstanding kicking by O’Connor.
    I agree that without a solid #10 that the season could be a shambles and without a good #10 everybody else will suffer, forwards (need the ball in front of them) and backs (need decisive ball to run on to). Young James O’Connor may yet be the answer, who knows? God knows he showed maturity beyond his tender years the other night.

I’m starting to waffle again and get off the point of this post, which is;

Shit times are shit for everyone, it is how we deal with that sets us apart.

Good players will play well, good supporters will support well.

Carn the Force

P.S. Booing at Rugby Union games is fairly new and generally a sign of ignorance. Crusaders supporters have done it for years and I hate it with a passion. I remember the ABs playing Munster (or one of the Irish teams) on an end of year tour game a couple of years ago. Silence when we kicked (unnerving) and applause when things were done well. Fabulous.

P.P.S. I remain as solid a supporter as I can from Christchurch and will go to Queenstown to watch the Highlanders game. And I want to continue to enjoy the humour of Gigs20, BDGF & Burgs, the info from The Coach, the banter from Muddy, the hardman SA perspective from Blackie and the excellent contributions from the younger supporters.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Thanks for naming me at the end there Woody, FYI most of the crap about sacking Mitchell and all the other stuff is notable by coming from accounts which have made three or four posts and were all set up in the last week.....I suspect there's a bit of multiple personality trolling going on.

That being said there are a respectable few on here that have questioned the administration for a while.....whilst I disagree with their assessment of JM as a coach, I certainly respect their right to voice it......Those who I feel have less right to voice such an opinion are those whose only contribution to this community has been to stick the boot in over the last couple of days.

Now I'm not saying everything's perfect in Force land, but we're not going to hell in a handbasket either. Let's not forget the year the Tahs had a crappy run with injuries, they finished 13th, the next year they were in the mix again. If we can;t pull our way out of this mess, sure I'll wonder about Mitch, but one swallow does not a summer make!

C'mon the

vCash
    Can't (won't) argue with any of that Gigs. Sadly negativity has always been more contiagious than being positive, it's much easier as well.

I just think it's a damned shame that a number of quality backs were not available. I doubt that particular backline had ever run a move together at training before. That's a big ask at this level.

vCash
    Yeah, you could see they struggled.....but never gave up! Unfortunately heart wasn't enough. hopefully some magic plan comes together this week, may or may not have the nickname spanner!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    There is negativity but it is passionate nedativity Woody........ but we all are such loyal and passionate suppoorters within the WFRSS we hate seeing the boys struggle, we hate losing and we just want to show case rugby union here in WA where everyone thinks AFL is the only game of note
    Go the Force..... we will knock over some cocky teams this year u watch....

Apprentice
    vCash
    1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000% agree woody. This year was always going to be a rebuilding year and I don't know how anybody else could think differently. You lose Spanner, Tai, Gits, Mitchell & Valo among others and how on earth do you think we are going to be able to compete?? It will take a long while for everyone to gel - something that cannot be achieved in 13 games let alone 4-5 (after the early rounds finals spots are basically lost to slow starters).

It's great that people are optimistic but when the proverbial hits the fan, there's no point in making knee-jerk reactions. We had our chance to shine last year and just couldn't quite get there, this year is about setting ourselves up for the future - anyone who thinks differently better lay off the kool-aid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    Dear All,
    I have thoroughly enjoyed the past couple of years on the TWF website. I have found it to be funny, informative, enlightening, engaging and occasionally frustrating.
    2010 appears to have a very different flavour. Recently the GayFL, Mungo and ‘Tah humour has gone and been replaced by a negativity that has usually only been voiced by a few, very few, members.
    This disappoints me and I find the lack of understanding after Round One somewhat suprising.
    To be fair there are a few who are attempting to be positive but the bulk of what I am reading is from frustrated supporters looking for scapegoats (Harris, Mitchell, Dunning etc). Stop looking, none of these guys have a vested interest in looking crap.
    In reality the first game was a fairly ordinary game of footy. The Brumbies were below what they should have been but realistically before kickoff the chance of the Force staying in touch was slim at best. And yet with 15 minutes to go the game could still have been won.
    I don’t have the benefit of seeing or even reading about the Pre Season games but I doubt in any of the 3 PS games that a backline similar to that that took the paddock last week was used.
    The forwards were good, without being brilliant, and worked hard (actually appeared to work harder as the game progressed).
    From my perspective the backline needed leadership to control structure going forward and back. That leadership could really only have come from Cross. He did play well but he didn’t run the backline, who else was going to? Bit players? A gifted 19 year old? I suspect that the game plan was (after the loss of backline leaders) to play last years aerial game as a way of getting/staying out of trouble. It almost worked through some outstanding kicking by O’Connor.
    I agree that without a solid #10 that the season could be a shambles and without a good #10 everybody else will suffer, forwards (need the ball in front of them) and backs (need decisive ball to run on to). Young James O’Connor may yet be the answer, who knows? God knows he showed maturity beyond his tender years the other night.

I’m starting to waffle again and get off the point of this post, which is;

Shit times are shit for everyone, it is how we deal with that sets us apart.

Good players will play well, good supporters will support well.

Carn the Force

P.S. Booing at Rugby Union games is fairly new and generally a sign of ignorance. Crusaders supporters have done it for years and I hate it with a passion. I remember the ABs playing Munster (or one of the Irish teams) on an end of year tour game a couple of years ago. Silence when we kicked (unnerving) and applause when things were done well. Fabulous.

P.P.S. I remain as solid a supporter as I can from Christchurch and will go to Queenstown to watch the Highlanders game. And I want to continue to enjoy the humour of Gigs20, BDGF & Burgs, the info from The Coach, the banter from Muddy, the hardman SA perspective from Blackie and the excellent contributions from the younger supporters.
    Being only 6 posts later than yours Woody, I didn't really need to quote it but what you said is worth being said twice. You're dead on the money with everything you said!! I couldn't possibly agree anymore.

Giving constructive criticism or an opinion after a game is one thing but constantly whinging and bitching about every facet of RWA and the Force is beyond wearing thin! Not only does it look ungrateful but for the players/coaches/staff (some who read the site) it doesn't really give them much support or confidence. Having them all walking around thinking their supporters have lost all support and confidence in the organisation/team is hardly going to improve anything. Everyone is entitled to say what they like & this is a public forum but the negativity is draining the life out of the place & TWF is far better than that and Coach & the mods (past & present) have worked far too hard to have the place turn to crap because some people can't get see the glass half full on anything or provide a bit of light-hearted banter.

Last edited by laura; 15-02-10 at 21:18.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its good to have you back woody - I would say I missed you - in a blokey way. Nothing Suss

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Woody must have missed the game or prefers to stick his head in the sand

vCash
    Who is peter van ziel? your the worst attempt at a troll account in a long time (since waratahs fans tried it)

Form raging after we lose is pretty fun, but no one should be serious about it.

vCash
    Woody hope you enjoy meeting the mob in Queenstown - agree that a leader in the backs is what is actually needed most - Cross didn't seem to have any impact there on friday.

O'Conor - the 19 year old has played against the All Blacks, Springboks et al, I struggling to know why we are so precious about playing him out of his strongest preferred position.

I'm also struggling with the shear volume of injuries we're experiencing.

Was really looking forward to the game in a rectangular stadium - wanted the Force to give the Brumbies a game -- to see Haig Sare starting was frustrating as he is only just back from injury himself - we're looking and feeling a bit vulnerable at the moment - in order to move on to better things it is actually necessary to face the truth - so please be patient with us as we have actually got to work through this before we can actually face up to what will be a much tougher season than we expected - and I wholeheartly agree the younger backline did an amazing job on friday - to actually get out there and play (some in other people's boots), not loose concentration or patience and actually visibly improve as the game continued was heartening to see - but what these young lads need most is leadership on the pitch.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think, in Crossy's defence, it's important to realise that not all men are leaders either.
    Sure, as a senior player he should take a "leadership role" however, remember he has never been in the running for VC etc.
    That is no criticism of him, there have been some excellent players over the year that are best suited to focusing on their own role.
    In this match it is a case of a shambolic pre match lead up with players out of position from where they had trained and, like it or not, a very pedestrian effort by our #10 and #12.
    Personally I don't believe either of those players are as bad as they showed on Friday night, they couldn't be or they wouldn't play Premier in Sydney, it is just one of those matches that happen.
    However, their confidence would be at an all time low and that will need to be managed in an environment that means being at the top 5% of your ability every week. The Coaching Staff will be working on the top three inches overtime this week. Lesser teams beat stronger teams all the time in Rugby, you just have to look to Scotland during the Spring Tour for that evidence.
    It is not the end of the world by any means, but certain performances can't go ignored either.
    "I have faith" and I support Mitch.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Woody
    P.S. Booing at Rugby Union games is fairly new and generally a sign of ignorance. ... I hate it with a passion. I remember the ABs playing Munster (or one of the Irish teams) on an end of year tour game a couple of years ago. Silence when we kicked (unnerving) and applause when things were done well. Fabulous.
    Couldn't agree more, with your post in general, and with this 'P.S.' in particular.

Only 50% of the teams can win on any given week, and only one team can win at the end of the season. I support the Force, I'm ecstatic when they win, and I'm disappointed when they lose, but can still appreciate it if they've given a good account of themselves on the pitch.

This sort of negativity has cropped up before, and I believe most of us had a similar reaction then. Once the season beds in, and the fair-weather fans decide the long haul's not for them, things usually settle down a bit!

Keeping the Faith ... right here in Perth!

vCash
    to be honest I support the force 100%, but that doesn't mean you can't say exactly how you feel in regards to the current situation, I've not just rocked up here at twf, if questions have to be asked or points of view have to be aired is this not the place to do it?....... If john mitchell is the coach that everyone thinks he is, lets see what he can do with the current squad..... Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Cheers guys, I feel way better already! I know how disappointing and infuriating it is when things don't go as we wish (and I am not a season ticket holder, rocking up in my Blue every week). I have coached and managed for many years and still find that sub par performances ruin the rest of my waking hours. To say it is only a game is not the way I feel. This has always been so much more than a game for me. It is a way of life, from February to the end of November I am consumed with the game.
    Please don't take my comments as a shot at TWF. I know how passionate you guys are and how much it must hurt when the on field performance or the immeadiate future isn't what we would want. I se your posts and think, 'damn I'd love to be part of this in WA'.
    I also take the point that much of the shit slinging is coming from those that are relatively new.
    I have also noticed that not as many of the fairer sex have been posting recently.

Anyways, come what may, the Force are still there and I believe very committed to the cause. there'll be lows, but there'll be highs as well.

From a TV perspective Perth, the 'new' ground and the crowd looked great. The crew I was with couldn't get over the sky.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast