Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: The Hitch Hikers Guide to the Galaxy

vCash
    Yeap was disturbed that Stirling's kicking game was put off by the thunder sticks - every kid in the crowd is gonna love bashing them now. Also yearn for polite claps for the opposition success - but when Stephen Moore got his try it was really really hard not to boo the Force - but they regrouped and defensibly got stronger as the game went on.

We had the same thing with Jak in season 2 he had a shocker and the booing just did not help - either you are with the team or your're wit \h the opposition some people are gonna have to learn that one FAST - players with complexes is not something we need right now.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    were people booing their own team?

vCash
    Where I was Mud there was a general cry of " fuzzy fizzy sticks" , followed by "Golly Gosh the Force appear to have some defensive issues " if you get my drift

vCash
    thats OK... but booing either team is not cool...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Yeap was disturbed that Stirling's kicking game was put off by the thunder sticks - every kid in the crowd is gonna love bashing them now. Also yearn for polite claps for the opposition success - but when Stephen Moore got his try it was really really hard not to boo the Force - but they regrouped and defensibly got stronger as the game went on.

We had the same thing with Jak in season 2 he had a shocker and the booing just did not help - either you are with the team or your're wit \h the opposition some people are gonna have to learn that one FAST - players with complexes is not something we need right now.
    I was booing the knock on and the forward pass that preceeded it...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Sometimes it's hard to distinguish what people are booing at specifically so it is assumed to be at the most obvious target. A good reason to give it a miss or become more articulate in voicing your grievance...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    not when the Hurricanes and Chiefs on their way over for weeks 2 & 3...
    I certainly hope the Canes follow your schedule for next week Muddie, because that should at least yeild us a win by default as we are scheduled to play them at the Cake Tin

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I certainly hope the Canes follow your schedule for next week Muddie, because that should at least yeild us a win by default as we are scheduled to play them at the Cake Tin
    Canes at home... ouch....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Normie - you may not be aware but there has recently been a 6th book in the trilogy - written by someone else whos name escapes me. Douglas Adams passed away a couple of years ago.

Didn't know that Exile! I knew he had an unfinished book -didn't know someone else was finishing it! Not Dirk Gently is it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Terrible sportsmanship on behalf of the Force fans near me.
    To be honest I don't have too much problem giving the kickers a bit of "encouragement" to miss. Our kickers cop it everywhere else, just seems to go with the territory in the professional age. But I was cringing when they booed Sterlo. You don't boo a legend. Well not a Wallaby legend anyway.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I maintain that an absolutely silent stadium would be far more effective than noise these days, to be perfectly honest I think the noise from a crowd says far more about the crowd than it effects a kicker.
    However, with nowdays the fairly wide spread use of noise players are used to it, so if you could hear a pin drop at MES then it may well be more off putting.
    Likewise when the opposition runout pre-match, while I generally clap them, it would weird them out a bit if they came out to stone motherless silence, followed by extreme noise for the Force!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I maintain that an absolutely silent stadium would be far more effective than noise these days, to be perfectly honest I think the noise from a crowd says far more about the crowd than it effects a kicker.
    However, with nowdays the fairly wide spread use of noise players are used to it, so if you could hear a pin drop at MES then it may well be more off putting.
    Likewise when the opposition runout pre-match, while I generally clap them, it would weird them out a bit if they came out to stone motherless silence, followed by extreme noise for the Force!
    I would love to see THAT!

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    I maintain that an absolutely silent stadium would be far more effective than noise these days,
    Yeah.....well good luck with that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Positives I feel are:

The emergence of Dane Haylett-Petty as an outside back. He looked good.

JOC truely looks world class now and I would not be nervous about him starting at 10.

The whole forward line looked pretty good. We won the battle at the breakdown and I thought we looked pretty good at scrum time as well.

MES - it leaves Subi for dead! And the feel of a full house all dressed in blue (everyone was too). The booing was crap mind.

vCash
    Thormond Park does absolute silence and it works the opposition hate playing there

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast