Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 22

Thread: Bias Commentary

  1. #1
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mt Hawthorn
    Posts
    124
    vCash
    5000000

    Bias Commentary

    That's great news the ABC (Canberra) have agreed to share their call. Although chances are, it will be bias. If it is, and it's driving you nuts, you can switch to 882 6PR for the second half and hear another bias call.

    And yes, I know, it's a crime we're not doing the whole game. I know it and you know it. But we'll be providing regular score updates for the first half and then Dave Pusey and I will be calling the second half, with on field interviews at full time through till 9pm. Not ideal, but better than nothing.

    At least we'll be getting rugby in front of a new audience. Hopefully if it's a tight game, some of the AFL listeners will hang around and hear out the rugby. They might even decide to come out and have a look at the next home game. Once they get in and see the Sea of Blue, we'll have 'em.

    Enjoy the game, wherever you're watching and whoever you're listening to, and go the Force.

    Cheers
    Mick

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    13,272
    vCash
    5300000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Your boss really needs to get Sports Central onto FM if thaty's possible, Mick. Most heavy industry sites can't recieve AM well, where I work not at all. Most cell phone radios are FM as well. Kinda cuts your potential audience quite a bit, i'd guess.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  3. #3
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,756
    vCash
    5092000
    Hey Mick

    Why does yours have to be biased?

    Unless you mean you give a really excellent description of the game (ie what's happening to, and around, the ball, regardless of who's got it) and then the expert comments reflect things from a perspective?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Rookie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Mt Hawthorn
    Posts
    124
    vCash
    5000000
    Good point Ecky. We're not actually bias and we do try to give an excellent description of the game. But if the opposition are only 5m out from the Force line, it's hard not to say 'the Force really need to protect their line' as opposed to 'the Brumbies really need to score'. Even our expert isn't biased. He analyses what happens regardless of who it happens to. If it's a good run, we praise the attack and bag the defence. Hope that all makes sense!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Veteran mudskipper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,952
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Colliss 882 6PR View Post
    Good point Ecky. We're not actually bias and we do try to give an excellent description of the game. But if the opposition are only 5m out from the Force line, it's hard not to say 'the Force really need to protect their line' as opposed to 'the Brumbies really need to score'. Even our expert isn't biased. He analyses what happens regardless of who it happens to. If it's a good run, we praise the attack and bag the defence. Hope that all makes sense!
    Call to your audience save the spin... its OK...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Player SleazyWineBaas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    The deep south
    Posts
    201
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Hey Mick

    Why does yours have to be biased?

    Unless you mean you give a really excellent description of the game (ie what's happening to, and around, the ball, regardless of who's got it) and then the expert comments reflect things from a perspective?
    A referees perspective
    read........."interpretation of one eyed"
    I see they got schooled this year on not destroying the game?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

  7. #7
    Player bunter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    401
    vCash
    5000000
    How about the Fox commentary?
    Never heard so much Eastern States bias.
    These guys are consistently appalling and listening to them call a game that puts an eastern states side against the Force is cronic.
    Thank Christ my Fox was losing signal. I got a break from their one eyed dribble.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,426
    vCash
    5110000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    C'mon Bunter, you're a one eyed Hurricanes fan, what do you care?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    18,684
    vCash
    3542000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Call to your audience save the spin... its OK...
    This from you?......laughable!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  10. #10
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,756
    vCash
    5092000
    Quote Originally Posted by SleazyWineBaas View Post
    A referees perspective
    read........."interpretation of one eyed"
    I see they got schooled this year on not destroying the game?
    Might be a referee's perspective - might just be from someone who appreciates the game no matter who is playing.

    What it is not is a hopelessly one-eyed supporter's perspective who seeks to blame someone else rather than my team, whom I love above all others and can do no wrong.

    I went to a WA vs Vic AFL game many years ago at the WACA and applauded every piece of good play, even if it was the Vics. The dark looks I got from the WA supporters was an eye opener for me. Same thing really.

    Maybe being a match official in any code makes one appreciate the game from a different perspective; I don't know because I can't change because that's what I am...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    7,588
    vCash
    5280000
    141 Club Award TWF Contributor!

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Might be a referee's perspective - might just be from someone who appreciates the game no matter who is playing.

    What it is not is a hopelessly one-eyed supporter's perspective who seeks to blame someone else rather than my team, whom I love above all others and can do no wrong.

    I went to a WA vs Vic AFL game many years ago at the WACA and applauded every piece of good play, even if it was the Vics. The dark looks I got from the WA supporters was an eye opener for me. Same thing really.

    Maybe being a match official in any code makes one appreciate the game from a different perspective; I don't know because I can't change because that's what I am...
    what,visually challenged?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,920
    vCash
    4558000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! 141 Club Award TWF Competition Winner!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    ....
    Maybe being a match official in any code makes one appreciate the game from a different perspective;..
    and hated (onfield at least) by everyone.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

  13. #13
    Rookie WARHORSE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Cootamundra
    Posts
    121
    vCash
    5000000
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Might be a referee's perspective - might just be from someone who appreciates the game no matter who is playing.

    What it is not is a hopelessly one-eyed supporter's perspective who seeks to blame someone else rather than my team, whom I love above all others and can do no wrong.

    I went to a WA vs Vic AFL game many years ago at the WACA and applauded every piece of good play, even if it was the Vics. The dark looks I got from the WA supporters was an eye opener for me. Same thing really.

    Maybe being a match official in any code makes one appreciate the game from a different perspective; I don't know because I can't change because that's what I am...
    Any comment on the new referee appraisal system and the fact they were lectured about being pedantic @rseholes who were destroying the game with an endless and unwaivering littany of baffling penalties?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The Baby Faced Assasin

  14. #14
    Veteran Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,756
    vCash
    5092000
    Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    Any comment on the new referee appraisal system
    I didn't know there was a new appraisal system. In fact I will be very surprised if there is one. The one in use for 2009 was very comprehensive and, in my humblest of opinions, would not likely be changed much. What do you know about "the new referee appraisal system?
    Quote Originally Posted by WARHORSE View Post
    and the fact they were lectured about being pedantic @rseholes who were destroying the game with an endless and unwaivering littany of baffling penalties?
    Um, let's see:

    No.

    My only comment would be that I really hate all sweeping generalisations and that I try to avoid cliches like the plague.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    wembley
    Posts
    7,588
    vCash
    5280000
    141 Club Award TWF Contributor!
    "like the plague' could well be considered a cliche

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Win a seat in the 6PR commentary box - we have a winner.
    By Mick Colliss 882 6PR in forum Front Page News
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 13-05-08, 15:05
  2. 882 6PR Force v Waratahs - win a seat in the 6PR commentary box
    By Mick Colliss 882 6PR in forum Western Force
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-04-08, 20:14
  3. 882 6PR full match coverage v Bulls - win a seat in the commentary box.
    By Mick Colliss 882 6PR in forum Front Page News
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-04-08, 17:05
  4. Force v Crusaders on 6PR - win a seat in the 6PR commentary box.
    By Mick Colliss 882 6PR in forum Western Force
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 10-03-08, 17:00
  5. 90.5 (Sport FM) Commentary team
    By DavidSmithSportFM in forum Western Force
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 25-01-07, 14:27

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •