Thread: Back page of The West; headbutting incident; anyone else see it?

Apprentice
    vCash

Back page of The West; headbutting incident; anyone else see it?

I assume this is the one which took place in my block, 345? Anyone else see it?

I saw it, and on the off chance anyone who was involved is reading this, I will gladly come forward as a witness to see justice done by putting that vile Crusaders scumbag behind bars.

The general arrogance and lack of respect shown by Crusaders fans on Friday was unbelievable, particularly considering they were getting gubbed by the bottom side for most of the night. I'd hate to see the result if our supporters went to Canterbury and behaved like a lot of their mob did.

Would love to see them play as poorly as they did on Friday come finals time, and see the look on their pathetic bandwagon fans' faces.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    This article here? http://www.thewest.com.au/20060424/s...sto134000.html

The article makes it sound like 2 Force supporters ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    What the... Cantab fans are amongst the most arrogant on earth but still, physical violence by fans is not something associated with Union fans, even the Saders ones. That's disgusting.

If the finals are a repeat of last year, I'm heading over the Cristchurch for the final, I hope there's none of that shit, we certainly wouldn't be starting it.

vCash
    I dont think crowd violence of any type at a sporting event should be tolerated no matter what side they go for ... its just childish ... and if I catch any force supporters being violent .... they best watch out muhahaha because I will disown them there is no room for that behaviour esp when its a family venue .... we dont want all the little kiddies getting the wrong idea ... its just as bad as players going at it on the field! naughty people

vCash
    Sorry Lonzy you're absolutely right, violence of any type at a sporting event is wrong. It's just that some sports (I won't say soccer, but.. erm... soccer) it's almost accepted as normal. Rugby has always been good in that regard, a bit of light-hearted banter and a laugh and a drink after is usually the worst it gets, this is just appaling, especially when an english fan got beaten up in Aus only a few months ago.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    This article here? http://www.thewest.com.au/20060424/s...sto134000.html

The article makes it sound like 2 Force supporters ...
    Sounds like but doesn't actually say either way, it certainly wasn't if it was the incident I'm talking about. This is what I saw in the incident in my area:

After the Crusaders scored a try in the second half, two blokes dressed in Crusaders gear stood in the aisle (the part where you enter and the Subiaco Oval staff stand to direct you to your seats) and held up a huge banner, blocking the view of a couple of blocks full of fans and Force members. A bloke (can't remember if he had Force gear on or not but was obviously a Force fan) went down the aisle and pushed the banner down while telling them they were blocking the view of a load of people. The Force bloke then went back to his seat. One of the Crusaders guys followed him back and headbutted him, appearing to damage the man's glasses, while threatening to go further. The Force bloke swung a few wayward self-defensive fists in his direction, the Crusdaers bloke laughed and left. Neither security nor any other fans did jack all up to that point.

I assume security stepped in after that, I stopped watching the incident and turned my attention back to the game, but when I looked back later the bloke's seat was vacant.

Would be very interested to hear if anybody else saw this incident and perhaps saw it differently? Or any other incident for that matter?

Glory-hunting bandwagon scum, I hope they rot in hell.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    What the... Cantab fans are amongst the most arrogant on earth but still, physical violence by fans is not something associated with Union fans, even the Saders ones. That's disgusting.

If the finals are a repeat of last year, I'm heading over the Cristchurch for the final, I hope there's none of that shit, we certainly wouldn't be starting it.
    Just do what all good away fans should do, show respect to the home fans and don't block their view, then surely even in scum territory you'd be okay.

vCash
    I generally do, I would never deliberately block someones view. Sometimes some friendly banter gets dealt out frmo our way but we usually gauge the sense-of-humour o meter beforehand... Cantab fans can register as high as 2 on that scale.

vCash
    lol! @ the sence-of-humor o metre hahaha! I want one of them! hehehe yes soccer is a girls sport any ways ... so its just little try hard girly boys throwing fists ... they may get a few scratches ... tehehe and start a riot ... hmm okay ... lol ... Im not really a soccer fan ... can you tell??? muhaha

vCash
    Aye it's pretty handy Lonzy. By comparison to the Crusaders who can register 2 on the sense-of-humour o meter, Tom Cruise registers a 3.

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash
    thats it lonzy those are fightin words. Bring on the riot!

vCash

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian

Whilst The InnFORCEers were on tour in NZ a few weeks ago we wre invited to a corporate box to watch the Crusaders V Thas match. I was very suprised to see how much red and black WAS NOT in the crowd, the Crusaders palyers would have been blown away with the amount of blue they were confronted with on Friday night. Secondly the crowd at Christchurch have obviously become very complacent with hosting one the PAST best teams in the competition, anything short of a win and they want to disown em (the Tahs came very close to beating them). They only cheer when they score a try or kick, so again the noise that the Crusaders players heard on Friday would have added to thier itnimidation. The same applied down in Dunedin for the Highlanders, a little more colour but silence was deafening as we almost sealed the win, I think the 50 or so Force fans that were there made more noise that the other 9000 Highlanders fans. It does not suprise me that a Crusaders fans cracked on Friday.....I'm sure he was not one! My point is that we should always remember where we started and by the way that is better than the Crusaders did in thier first year in, they lost EVERY game and finished bottom, a fact that just about every Crusaders supporter has convieniently forgotton, at least we reminded them while we were there. So no matter what happens from here, we have made a better debut than the Crusdaers....goes to show without their horses and knights in shinning armour the Crusdaers are not the same team they used to be!!

Keep up the great work Force fans

vCash
    Sounds like a great trip. If the final is in Christchurch again (provided the Tahs are the team playing) I'm haeding over for the match.

You got any photos from that game?

vCash
    For the InnForcer, see Tarik's Sanzar Guide for 1996 results. Canterbury did finish bottom, but got 2 wins and a draw- which I hope the Force now achieve.

Subi crowd was INTIMIDATING, which the sader fans didn't like and weren't prepared for. I've often wondered about the muted NZ crowds - when 'saders nearly beaten by Sharks at Timaru- silence! Also the H'Landers crowd v Force could have been a suburban park game crowd in Sydney-low key!

Yes- headbutter would have been evicted by security--Big Brother watches all these days!
    Reason for soccer crowd hooliganism is because ACTION is missing on the field!

Respecting opposition fans is a good safety tip Sage. Has anyone else noticed that 'Saders lose their structure and momentum big time when replacements are on the field? (like second half v Tahs , most of game v Force) They really are only as good as their first XV , and this should be kept in mind by potential semi final opponents. Hammer them hard and often in the first half to encourage replacements onto the field ! Sage ,you listening for the Tahs?

Oh, nearly forgot! Blakey you are deadset a champ! Good topic over a small incident which raises quite a few issues and responses. You've raised the bar for newies coming onto the Forum, having their best say and starting their own thread. Well done!

Last edited by MysticBalls; 27-04-06 at 19:49.