Thread: Door opens for Bartholomeusz

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Door opens for Bartholomeusz

Door opens for Bartholomeusz

NICK TAYLOR, The West Australian February 8, 2010, 5:19 pm

Mark Bartholomeusz will step into the hot seat when the Western Force take on his former club ACT Brumbies in Friday night's Super 14 season opener.
    Bartholomeusz, who played in the Brumbies' 2004 Super 12 title winning side, will take over the all-important playmaker's role after marquee signing, former Springbok Andre Pretorius, was ruled out for the season after ripping his left hamstring from the bone.
    The single-Test Wallaby has resurrected his Australian provincial career after stints with English Premiership club Saracens, Magners League club Ulster and Petrarca Padova in the Italian Super 10 Championship.
    Bartholomeusz, 32, who may face former Force golden boy Matt Giteau if he is declared fit tomorrow, said: "It is a bit ironic, after I agreed to come to the Western Force, to see the fixture list and see the Brumbies first up.
    "They've got an outstanding list. They're a good side, we know that, but our focus is very much on our own game."
    Bartholomeusz joined the Force as a utility back capable of covering fly-half, full-back and centre.
    "I've been training there (at fly-half) since we started in November. It's not foreign from the point of view of fitting into the team framework," he said.
    "It's a position I enjoy playing and at this stage of my career probably my best position."

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...bartholomeusz/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Saw Mark at RugbyWA today with a ankle cast on Apparently he torn some ligament in his ankle last week

vCash
    the first of a few injuries no doubt.. but i dare say we have the coverage this year to cope...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I wonder what the recovery time for that will be. Torn ligaments usually take a while I think. I suppose better now than in 2 months time.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    RugbyWA Media Release: Bartholomeusz out for ~10 weeks (next 2 weeks in a moon boot). He accidentally stepped on someone else's foot during a training drill.

So he is unlikely to be ready for the match against the Reds in Brisbane. He should be available for the next game two weeks later though.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Too hard to spell, like that Union, Miscallaneouses Workers Union. Bring back simple players like Smith and Brown and Bob

Laura Force Addict v Chook scrabble-off on Facebook: laura & Force Addict 0 | chook 9

Gigsa made me do it

"He who conquers others is strong; he who conquers himself is mighty." – Lao Tzu