Thread: Lote provides yet more evidence he is a bit of a knob...

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Lote provides yet more evidence he is a bit of a knob...

Lote's revenge in league: I'll prove the ARU got it wrong ffs

By Andrew Webster
    February 06, 2010.

Lote Tuqiri doesn't want to rub the Australian Rugby Union's nose in it - yet he says he will relish the chance to prove John O'Neill made the wrong call.

Basking in the afterglow of his decision to return to the NRL after a tumultuous seven years playing rugby union, Tuqiri says he wants to show the ARU it made a mistake in terminating his contract last July.

"Now I'm in a position to do that," said Tuqiri, who has signed a three-year deal to join Wests Tigers from the end of next month.

"That will be up to me. Hopefully, I can prove those people wrong. I don't know if that's what I'm doing it for, but it will certainly be going on there subconsciously."

While confidentiality clauses have prevented Tuqiri and the ARU from speaking publicly about his dismissal, he did have to discuss the circumstances with NRL chief executive David Gallop before signing with the Tigers.

It was reported last year Tuqiri broke strict team rules for taking a woman to his Wallabies hotel room - although he has never commented publicly.

"I don't feel that I'm done with yet, that's the main thing," he said. "I've still got plenty to offer, and that's why I want to test myself in a top-class competition that is the NRL.

"That's not having a dig at rugby. I love the game. You could be bitter, but I made a lot of good friendships there and I'm quite tight with a lot of boys. It's a great game. It's just sad I won't be playing it."

Tuqiri was speaking from Leicester, where he has been playing for three months as he works out his future.

He said he almost decided to stay in the dark of England with Leicester, but ultimately realised a move back to their Birchgrove home was best for his wife Rebekka and their two young sons.

"It will be a nice change - because last year was tough," Tuqiri said.

"I've always been a bloke who takes on the positives rather than the negatives. But there was a lot of negativity around me.

"You walk down the street and people were still patting you on the back and saying things were going to be all right - but I wasn't playing any footy. That was the tough thing about it.

"It was quite tough. I've got a good family and a good wife who put up with me being home a fair bit. Which is good. In that sense, it's all about being positive. I've certainly enjoyed being around my two boys a fair bit more in that time."

At the age of 30, Tuqiri can still enjoy some golden years in rugby league, too. For his part, he is "pumped" at the idea of being coached by Tim Sheens and playing alongside Benji Marshall and young guns like Chris Lawrence and Tim Moltzen.

What about pulling on the maroon jumper, growing 12 inches and playing for Queensland? With centre Justin Hodges injured, there's a void to be filled.

"I wouldn't say Origin is a goal," Tuqiri said. "One of my first goals is to hold down a first-grade spot and go from there. Where that will be, I don't know. I don't expect to be handed anything to start with."

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    So let's get this straight, He's planning to prove the ARU wrong for sacking him after he nails some young chippy in his hotel room by being associated with the NRL.........how, by not fitting in?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Best way to not fit in in mungo land would be to not repeat his actions I guess?

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    not much chance of him not doing that!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Best way to not fit in in mungo land would be to not repeat his actions I guess?
    Yeah....was kinda my point, he's chosen the worst possible environment to try and prove JON wrong......I guess he's not trying to prove he's smart or anything!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    I'd have JON anyday over David Gallop - who thinks the world is bigger than NRL.

Player
    vCash
    Not sure how he can prove JON wrong by playing league, and I doubt whether you will see him kick the ball at all in league, its a shame he didnt do the same in union, in which case he will only succeed in proving himself wrong(He kicked far too much ball away in union).

He's full of a lote crap if you ask me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    He's full of a lote crap if you ask me.
    I see what you did there...

vCash
    "Lote provides yet more evidence he is a bit of a knob..."

He should relax a bit. In this respect, he has nothing more to prove.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    What I want to know is; what's Burgs doing trolling the Mungo press looking for articles about Lote?

PS. How hard do you lot reckon it would be for even a half competent journo to feed Lote leading questions?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Just getting some "closure"
    Showed up on the Foxsports main page to tell the truth

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.