Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Membership facilities

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    This is the thing, Burgs, I don't know what else the membership folks could do. It is impossible not to have Gold members sitting next to Silver members, and it is likely that almost all Gold members have been so since the inception. What to do? What would you have done? Did you call them and ask for alternative seating?

I don't think our MES seats are the greatest in Gold, but I know they still shit on what we had at Subi.

And I'm still not sure whether eddie knows what the view from his seat is like or doesn't:

"From my seat it will be far from 'close to the action' or 'intimate', I'm just as far from the action as I was at subi,"
    "I will await the first game with curiosity to see just what it is going to be like from my seat."
    Sounds like he's judged it before trying it.

It's as Blackswan says, it is different, but it's a shame to either pre-judge or not even give it go.
    Yes I know exactly what veiw it will be. Yes, a good, high panoramic view, but not intimate, too far from the players. I am very familiar with this ground and have photographs from almost all sections.

And no, I am not blaming Force, it is simply circumstances of which they have little control. They have tried to make the best of another poor ground.

Eddie

---------- Post added at 17:04 ---------- Previous post was at 17:00 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    what im gobsmacked about is the wingeing about "facilities" cmon folks the one and only reason we moved from Subi was because it was syphoning of $2M a year from WRugby WA and the general rugby public were getting Shafted with shitty seating... noone is saying MES is ideal but its still better in terms of getting 99% of the crowd a better view of the game... and THATS what counts.. not how quickly you can get a beer!

youve probably never sat in a corner seat at Subi and experienced the shit we had to put up with..

I never stated anything about quickly getting a beer, I am critical of the overal facilities. This includes toilets, viewing areas, and a place to relax with a drink before or after the game. I know exaclty what subi is like, the strange this is, the corner spots at subi give you a closer view of action in your area, then ours in the mid section there. ME is substandard.

Eddie

Eddie

---------- Post added at 17:05 ---------- Previous post was at 17:04 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    It's subjective innit? I think everyone is better off with regard to being closer to the action.

Coach can we have that overlay thingy back?
    How many times must I repeat. EEE8 is NOT closer to the action, just higher

Eddie

---------- Post added at 17:07 ---------- Previous post was at 17:05 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    You can pull up right there Swee, I have never whinged about what others have been doing and I get sick of the implication that any word against MES is seen as a slight to those who were involved in the petition.

I may believe my proposed seats were (are) worse than what I had at Subiaco but that has zero to do with the merits or otherwise of the actions people took.

Unless Government make decisions fast to rectify the situation at MES then I believe, after a brief hiatus of a season or two, numbers will continue to fall.
    Agree with all your posts, Burgs, what people seem to fail to see is that ME is still a carp stadium, better seats for many yes, but still crap.

Eddie

---------- Post added at 17:08 ---------- Previous post was at 17:07 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Coach View Post
    OK, now take a look at EEE8, it is exactly the same spot I had at Subi, but will be higher with a better view, but NOT CLOSER!

Eddie

---------- Post added at 17:15 ---------- Previous post was at 17:08 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    Wow, way to be offensive!
    When do you propose they will be playing on a sunny day? The earliest any game is played this season is 6.05pm, the sun will hardly be the biggest issue by that time.
    Corporate pays more for their seats, do you honestly expect they were going to give the highest paying patrons the crappest seats in the stadium? NO!
    Well, I will trade seats with you anyday, for what's on offer your seats are sufficient for watching a game of rugby and far better than Subi.
    When peitioning and complaining we asked for a rectangular stadium and that's exactly what we got! Yes, after that we asked for upgrades and we asked for a new stadium to be built in place of MES and we asked for all we could but at the end of the day RugbyWA is one entity and they don't have billion dollar operating budgets that they can just knock up a new stadium for us. They did what they could and if its not enough then tough. Yes, we do deserve more and they're inevitably working to get more but there's only so much they can do when the government is not supporting their proposals or giving them the funds. No one is accepting mediocrity, we're taking what we can get for the time being. No one has stopped whinging or complaining or fighting for more. We're not laying down and taking it, but we have to show some gratitude for what they've given us and at the end of the day its about the rugby. Like I said before if you want top class facilities don't bother going anywhere in WA, especially if its in relation to anything other than AFL.
    Laura, I didnt mean to be offensive, but I just can't believe how wonderful eveyone thinks ME is. I grant you the most seats are better than subi, but not all. Facilities are poor. And, Force are not the ony users, Glory, NRL and other use the stadium, IN DAYLIGHT hours, when it is, from the E stands, quite horrible. My comments are in overal criticsim. I am not laying blame on Force, eihte, but the bloody pollies etc who have failed to deliver promises. They talk like bafoons of the World Cup coming to Perth. Not a hope in hell with what we currently have. Last season a UK soccer club severly criticised the facilities. It is simply not up to standard.

Eddie

---------- Post added at 17:25 ---------- Previous post was at 17:15 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Blackswan View Post
    I spoke to Darryl about seating allocations some weeks ago and I have no doubt that the membership guys have tried really hard to be fair and equitable. They have had a number of judgement calls to make which may not coincide with everyones views but they have done their best in difficult circumstances.

Maybe of most interest would be -

(a) seating was allocated according to the length of membership in the particular category (eg Gold) and strictly in the order in which individuals had become members in that year. ie those who had joined as gold members in 2005 would be allocated the 'best seats' in the gold category in the chronological order in which their applications had been received in that first season.

(b) the team made the judgement that elevation a bit further away was better than being a bit closer to the field but at a lower tier.

That second one is obviously a source for contention and may explain some of the disappointment felt. However, seating allocations were notified some weeks ago and we all had an opportunity to request a change before the cards were issued.

The number of seats in the various categories at MES are shown below.

Diamond 940 say 1000
    Gold 4760 say 4800
    Silver 5080 say 5100

Gold seating is split as follows -

3rd tier east stand 1280
    2nd tier 860
    1st tier 1440
    1st tier west stand 1180
    total 4760

It's a bit harder to estimate the corporate seating numbers in the west stand but there are 720 in the east stand.

These numbers may have changed a bit following receipt of applications and re-allocations but I suspect they're not far off.

Thaks you for the info. Some very interesting points. But may I explain myself. I am NOT critical of Force, they have tried to do the best in matching seats. It IS a matter of personal perception as to which is the best. As for changing seats, I doubt whether there would be any hope in hell of changing EEE stand to W5 rear seats. These are always full for Glory games, they are amonst the best available. It is true that for night games, seats in the central area of of E stand (lower two tiers, top of first tier especially) are ok. But shocking for day games.

We do need a new stadium but the powers that be are not actually doing anything. And there is no harm in letting the authorties know that we are dissatisfied. Force lost a lot of members owing to crap seats in subi, but they did have super corporate facilties. ME corporate facilities are also crap. And I do acknowledge for what they are paying they deserve better too.

Eddie

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think we all share the view that MES is less than ideal. However I also think that most are content with the move from subi. yes there is a downside but isn't it better to be at a ground that doesn't involve feeding $2 million each year into the wafl coffers when they have a 'sweetheart deal" where they pay f2ck all for the ground ?

Let's focus on the upside not the downside.

ftafl

vCash

Eddie enjoy your game for which you paid to see

Eddie
    I was there last night in my Silver seats and I enjoyed the game of rugby and the meal I purchased b4 the game. As a loyal supporttor of 4 yrs I think the stadiium is average for the size of our population and our economic postion in the world of sport.
    As it has been posted earlier Rugby Wa Perth Glory and WA Rugby League are in negoiation with the goverment ( bunch of idiots on the Hill and Terry Dick Head Waldron is my local member ) to try and acheive a better stadia for the rectangle codes.
    My thoughts are that we support the force and let the force get a home final then we all go and play rugby in the parliment house gardens cose it s the biggest patch of grass suitable for a good game !!!!!!

I sent a letter to Terry Waldron about how we were promised a new stadia when we got the super 14 and he should honour the promise and got a very simple reply Thanks but no Thanks

Please Eddie just wait and see how next Friday plans out and if you see an empty seat in a better location ring WA rugby and ask the ?? to be moved. I was speaking to them Friday as we dont have our membership cards yet and as we only get mail 2 days a week Tuesday and Friday and we would be intransit b4 friday mail delivery.
    They were so helpful with my prediciment. So be paitient and wait.

As for Pre game drinking facilities I cant comment but the food outlets are so much better than Subi. Nicer folk working them and better quality. I am not a drinker so the booze does not worry me and as posted b4 if it is pregame entertainment you want just come up to your seat and watch the local lads playing they need our support.

The rectangular park is our home so we should enjoy the game thats played there not knock what we worked so hard for and hope that we can help to get it upgraded to suit the rectangular codes in WA

Go the Force
    and let the young guns we have lead the way No more imports just train the team we have.
    I think we have so much potential and support Bart JOC and Co

vCash
    I'm just chuffed I can buy murtabak at a rugby game now... Sa-weet!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    actually I hogged into that & chicken satays
    yum

vCash
    That map may be pretty close to scale but i am sure if you are the same distance away as your old seats you will still have a much better view. For example Gold members on the side at subi used to be on a slight raise (maybe 1-5 metres), this time you can be the same distance away but 10-20 metres above the play and get a much better view and seat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by beige View Post
    I'm just chuffed I can buy murtabak at a rugby game now... Sa-weet!
    What the.... I didn't think murtabaks were in season!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    We all know it is not ideal but let's just soak up the atmosphere and enjoy what we have at present. If we sell out every game then it's going to be hard for the powers that be to ignore this.

I'm just happy to be there and watching our own Western Force!

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Eddie
    I was there last night in my Silver seats and I enjoyed the game of rugby and the meal I purchased b4 the game. As a loyal supporttor of 4 yrs I think the stadiium is average for the size of our population and our economic postion in the world of sport.
    As it has been posted earlier Rugby Wa Perth Glory and WA Rugby League are in negoiation with the goverment ( bunch of idiots on the Hill and Terry Dick Head Waldron is my local member ) to try and acheive a better stadia for the rectangle codes.

Tonks, don't know where you purchased your 'meal', but to my knowledge there's no cafe nor seating facilities for eating. As for the stadium being 'average', I don't know what criteria you are using, but to me it is below standard. Yes, seats are ok, many have good views, but there's far more to a ground than that. Our economic possie was super a few years ago, and Carpenter et al should have built a new stadium there and then when they had the cash. But in-fighting between pollies, AFL, WAFL etc killed it all off. Our population is again growing fast and here in the 21st century we don't have a class sporting stadium. If Force get a home final, where will it be played? If like Glory, it will end up back at Subi and people with good seats at ME may again get crap seats at subi.

I am not a game's drinker as such. I don't spend my time going and coming from the bars. I prefer to sit and watch the game. But I do enjoy a drink before the game, would like somewhere to sit afterwards.

What also concerns me is that ME is located amidst residential develpment. The two don't mix.

My thoughts are that we support the force and let the force get a home final then we all go and play rugby in the parliment house gardens cose it s the biggest patch of grass suitable for a good game !!!!!!

'Home Final'.....to be played at Subi?

I sent a letter to Terry Waldron about how we were promised a new stadia when we got the super 14 and he should honour the promise and got a very simple reply Thanks but no Thanks

Typical

Please Eddie just wait and see how next Friday plans out and if you see an empty seat in a better location ring WA rugby and ask the ?? to be moved. I was speaking to them Friday as we dont have our membership cards yet and as we only get mail 2 days a week Tuesday and Friday and we would be intransit b4 friday mail delivery.
    They were so helpful with my prediciment. So be paitient and wait.

Yes, I am waiting and hoping that its better than I expected. I am a member together with one of my daughters who decided only at the last min to renew membership. Whether she continues depends on quality of viewing and facilities. There will not be 2 better seat available.

As for Pre game drinking facilities I cant comment but the food outlets are so much better than Subi.

Yes, I agree, for those that want a quick fast munch. But no facilities to sit and eat.

Nicer folk working them and better quality.

Ahhh, no. Mustard Catering does both Subi and ME stadium, my wife works for them in the corporate boxes.

I am not a drinker so the booze does not worry me and as posted b4 if it is pregame entertainment you want just come up to your seat and watch the local lads playing they need our support.

I am not inerested in drinking during the game. I'm not a boozer. Just want somewhere before and after where I can relax.

The rectangular park is our home so we should enjoy the game thats played there not knock what we worked so hard for and hope that we can help to get it upgraded to suit the rectangular codes in WA

No, we should not 'hope'. We should DEMAND! But it will mean more pressure from us. Not showing acceptance of sub-standard grounds.

Go the Force
    and let the young guns we have lead the way No more imports just train the team we have.
    I think we have so much potential and support Bart JOC and Co
    Lets hope it continues......

Eddie

---------- Post added at 09:01 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    That map may be pretty close to scale but i am sure if you are the same distance away as your old seats you will still have a much better view. For example Gold members on the side at subi used to be on a slight raise (maybe 1-5 metres), this time you can be the same distance away but 10-20 metres above the play and get a much better view and seat.
    In that you are right. But sadly, owing to the configuration of the E stands, and walkways and distance from touchline to fence, I'm probaby 20-30 metres further away than I should be

Eddie

---------- Post added at 09:03 ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    We all know it is not ideal but let's just soak up the atmosphere and enjoy what we have at present. If we sell out every game then it's going to be hard for the powers that be to ignore this.

I'm just happy to be there and watching our own Western Force!
    The atmosphere is diluted by no roofing to enclose and focus and amplify the sound. The shed makes much more noise than the rest of the ground. Selling out every game has no effect on moronic pollies. They will ignore anything.

Eddie

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    So...what did you think of the game?

vCash
    There is no pleasing some people

Let's stay at Subiaco and continue losing supporters who would prefer to watch at home on TV

Let's stay at Subiaco and continue to fund a rival code who put our rent money into their junior development

No cafes or restaurants in the immediate surrounds of the ground? Perth CBD and Northbridge are a 10 minute stroll away

MES isn't perfect but it is better then Subiaco Oval

vCash
    Great game good lead up to firday night

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by eddiewoof View Post
    How many times must I repeat. EEE8 is NOT closer to the action, just higher

Eddie
    OK Eddie, I've had a good read of everything that has been said, and will try to respond with what I understand is your problem from a weneedcorners perspective.

It appears to me, there's an argument going on between you, and some of the key players in the WNC group, which is probably fuelled more by misunderstanding than difference of opinion.

Point 1 the people who are defending MEB Stadium are simply coming from the point of view that a better view of the game equals a better experience. Now you have stated several times that your view is better, but not closer. These people would argue that your not satisfied with an improvement.

Point 2 you say the facilities at MES are substandard, I don't think anybody at WNC would argue with you. If we were interested in JUST moving to MES, we would have addressed our petition (Which was signed by more people than those who attended on Friday night) to RugbyWA and framed the precis to suggest all we wnted was a change in facilities.......No we aregue with the parliament that what was needed was an upgrade to MES to make it suitable for Super 14 rugby with a capacity of greater than 25,000.......That petition has (so far) been ignored by a state government who agreed to investigate the issue and (i believe) won seats in a very narrow election based upon some people's votes as a result.

I think you're actually doing the cause a service Eddie, and I agree with you. MES is a stopgap measure, which fulfils my need to actually SEE the game whilst a decent facility is constructed. Now I don't particularly care whether that facility is built in East Perth, Town of Vincent, Subiaco, Cockburn, Burswood or any of the various suggestions have been made but, Eddie, I agree the fight's not over, we do need to get Tuck 'I'll look after the needs of the other codes' Waldron to make good on his promise of getting us somewhere (because if something's not budgeted before the next state election, I know I'll be campaigning for a change of government)

I hope this clarifies some things

ps I personally would say your seat is better......no not closer, but better.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    There is no pleasing some people

Let's stay at Subiaco and continue losing supporters who would prefer to watch at home on TV

Let's stay at Subiaco and continue to fund a rival code who put our rent money into their junior development

No cafes or restaurants in the immediate surrounds of the ground? Perth CBD and Northbridge are a 10 minute stroll away

MES isn't perfect but it is better then Subiaco Oval
    agreed jargs,
    the walk back into the city wasnt that bad on friday night.
    i had a drink in my hand at amplifier bar on murray street about 15 mins after the game finished.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    i had a drink in my hand at amplifier bar on murray street about 15 mins after the game finished.
    Light was it, "skipper"?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast