Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Andre goneski, are we rooted?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The Force are better with no one rather than Giteau, he is a team poison.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jazza93 View Post
    haha so are we still better off with Andre than with Giteau?
    Damn straight we are!

Barty did alright tonight, if we can get good quality ball to him, he looks like a clever player, not as quick as Gits, doesn't kick as well as Andre, but he'll hold his own. Joc, Stephano and I think Mitch all had their gos at first reciever....If JOC is going to play 15 like he did tonight, I'd say leave him there, he tore the Reds apart out of nothing on several occasions, All with clever jinking runs and then magical passes to put somebody away to score......We could do worse than Bart at 10 and JOC at 15

Actually, we did last year!

Anyhoo, it's not about who stands where when the scrum is packed, it's about team unity, and that seemed pretty solid tonight!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    If Bart has got half a brain he would have already spoken to Mitch and said don't worry about 10 I have got it covered. If he hasn't then can someone please call Jimmy and find out how fast he can pack his bags?
    I recon that that is exactly what Bart did last night. He had a good game and put his hand up and showed that he has got some very good skills.

On another note I'm sure James Horwell was asking the ref for their own ball just before half time!

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 06-02-10 at 08:05.
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    I thought Pek did really well last night, too!

Re: Andre: dammit. Dammitdammitdammitdammit. %#^%$@##@+!!!! He doesn't do things by halves, does he? I mean, it's one thing to strain a hammy and miss a few weeks, it's quite another to completely rip it off the bone and kill your whole season. It shows a kind of intensity we could have used.

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    someone call agen!

i think it was lack of opportunity that prevented daruda from showing us what kind of player he could be.

vCash
    im gutted

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    The Force are better with no one rather than Giteau, he is a team poison.
    It took you a while to come around
    Most of my red flags are for from my message. I'm the messenger, don't blame me for the message.
    Andre is a huge loss though. I rated him highly.
    Bart will deliver. His kicking game is very good and after last nights example, he will have a very good pack in front of him. Expect a bit of 10 man rugby this year.
    Our backs look a bit pedestrian, apart from Rabbit. Rabbit could be anything.

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    I had my doubts when I found out before the game, but I thoroughly enjoyed Bartholemuz's game last night. With JOC inside him I think it would be a cracking combination. I don't even think we're screwed. Sure, it's a loss. But she'll be right.

Just a side note - WHAT about Brett Sheenan! He was fantastic. I hadn't realised how good he was. I'd have him start against the Brumbies next week.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    I'd love to see the put out a call to Brock James - and tempt him with a World Cup position - not beyond the realm of possibility especially as Gits is developing injuries - and the Brumbies are droping out BEFORE the season starts.

Pek did ok - lineout accuracy is a skill learnt - but if he clicks with Sharpe he will definitetly be a Wallaby - that's a good carrot.

What I saw last night was a bunch of lads having fun - we have a team - we could really be the dark horse of this competition this year - Liked Mark's preformance last night and he seemed handy at fullback as well - steady as she goes quite often wins the race.

BTW JOC tackled last night - real tackles - might not be the defensive hole of last year.

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post

Just a side note - WHAT about Brett Sheenan! He was fantastic. I hadn't realised how good he was. I'd have him start against the Brumbies next week.
    Agreed
    Sheehan was sensational. He is very tough and is very talented and has obviously seen a starting position at the Force as a new chance. His brain explosions at the Tahs had him on the outer.
    His passes were crisp and fast and on the mark every time.
    he doesn't mind a snipe either and he can tackle. He's like a 9th forward. he is one very tough rooster and he's come to get a wallaby jersey. he will be one of the seasons success stories. Genia wasn't seen last night, probably because the QLD pack was anihilated

There are more things in heaven and earth than are dreamt of in your philosophies Horatio

vCash
    We did fine without Andre last night. Bart stepped it up and if he couldn't handle it, the boys around him stepped up and helped him out.
    To be honest, if we keep Andre around and get him to take on a bit of a coaching role I don't think we really need to bother with a replacement. We have ample players to physically fill the void and it would be cheaper and better in the long run if we can train someone up to play it instead of buying someone in. We've seen what buying a team can do and we don't really need to do that when we have sufficient talent to work with and left over money in the bank.

Veteran
    vCash
    Sheehan was a little shaky at the start of the game, too many passes high, just begging for their rib cages to be taken out.

But he seemed to settle a bit and put the passes in the bread basket.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SleazyWineBaas View Post
    Agreed
    Sheehan was sensational. He is very tough and is very talented and has obviously seen a starting position at the Force as a new chance. His brain explosions at the Tahs had him on the outer.
    His passes were crisp and fast and on the mark every time.
    The game I was watching showed that his passes were crisp, fast and straight at the feet of whoever he was passing to.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    We did fine without Andre last night. Bart stepped it up and if he couldn't handle it, the boys around him stepped up and helped him out.
    Yep. They did OK last night, but they played Qld. The Crusaders, Bulls etc will be much tougher nuts to crack. Without a class 10 our back play may become fairly predictable. 10 man rugby and a mid table finish coming up - unless JOC steps up. If he's the goods he should handle it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    The game I was watching showed that his passes were crisp, fast and straight at the feet of whoever he was passing to.
    Pissed again?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast