Let's be realistic though, the recruiting will go:
1. Get your leadership team. These will be the 4-6 senior players, current or ex-Wallabies, that will define the culture and provide the identity of the team. It might include an overseas player, but only if they are making some longer than usual committment to the team (subsequent coaching role perhaps?). But you can count on them throwing the sink at Elsom and Barnes, looking to use the Wallaby leadership role to buy instant credibility and relevance for the team to attract both sponsors and supporters. Either would be good, but they would take both if they could.
2. Then they'll look to fill the list, using the leadership group to attract experienced out of contract players from the other franchises and overseas. This may include some younger players, but they would have to be real big on talent. This is basically the rest of the playing group for the first couple of years.
3. Then they'll look to fill holes, which is really when they will start looking overseas. If a genuine marquee player is identified they may jump on it early, but the bulk of those foreign players will be journeymen to address specific holes in the team list. It is all well and good having 10 foreign spots, but any such player is going to cost more than the local equivalent and they will unquestionably take the lower cost option if they can. It is their own money they are spending after all, so I wouldn't bet on them using all the spots available - they will actually use as few as possible. I've seen nothing to suggest the ARU is going to somehow force the issue, but if they wanted to they should perhaps consider a "use it or lose it" clause after the second year.
4. Finally, having established the immediate team, they will look to the future - identifying young players and amateur club players that are going to take a couple of years to mentally and physically develop into Super-standard professionals. Some will make it, some won't, but the gap between school/club and the Super 15 is enormous. People talk about Force poaching for 2006 as though we put together some sort of barbarians side, but the reality is the most weren't established players at the time and it showed in our first year injury list. I doubt the new team will be at all interested in falling into the same trap; I wouldn't think a 16-0-16 outcome will be on their agenda at all.