Thread: Aussie fly-half to quit French side

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Welcome!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks for the information plot, welcome to The Whole Force and your English was just fine, probably better than most...

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Thanks for the links plot and welcome. Interesting that the article has Shelley already having left for Perth. I wonder whether it is poetic license on the part of the paper, or whether they actual intend to be based back here.

vCash
    welcome to TWF plot.
    its good to see that scotty had some fans over there. it's a bit of a shame that his family was not able to adapt to your culture. otherwise he would have been in a very good spot next year if Agen had gotten into the top 14.

hope to see you around a bit more plot

Apprentice
    vCash
    Thanks to everybody. You can be sure that a lot of fans here will follow Scott.
    No it's not a shame, Jono. Daruda and us have to understand it's a good experience and not a failure. Here, we feel a bit guilty because it's important in our culture that foreigners feel well. Benevolents in the club like to prepare good food for players and some invite news foreigners in their home to help them. I think that the recruitment of Scott was done very quickly and that they were not prepared. We were ready to recruit an other player when we learned that Daruda was free. So we stopped all negocations to concentrate with him. He was announced like the star here. But when you like your country, it's not so easy to adapt. I remember that Daruda refused to go to play for Clermont ferrand (they decided to recruit Brock James) a few years ago.
    And circumstances like a new team in super 14 or his private life ... maybe they have projetcs.
    We have a lot of players who come from south here ( Telefoni, Te Moana, Springgay, Badenhorst, Fa'aoso, Fonua, Fono, Pelesasa, Duplessis, Vaka, Leka, Caucaunibuca...) and they didn't have problems. We regreat he goes away now, because he needed more time.
    You're welcome in Agen. It's a place where rugby is very imporant. Even in second division, we have around 9,000 people to Armandie's stadium every week-end.
    I'll come back in this forum for having news of your team and in order to improve my english.
    Have a good season !

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    If I ever get to Agen, I will be in contact with you!

You are welcome here anytime - you can even post in your native language with an english translation if you wish, we have a few multilingual people here who may be able to assist with translations, although you have done a great job yourself.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hey plot, how is "Big Dog" Te Moana going up there, has he taken to the lifestyle ok?
    Is he getting matches?
    I'm sure he would have enjoyed anyone preparing food for him!

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Te Moana still doesn't play. His knees are very strange . I don't think the club will keep him for next year.
    He made a mistake because at his first interview, he said he likes food. Some fans understood he was here for gastronomic tourism ! he was chosen because he is quite movable but he has to adapt with scrums.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran
    vCash
    very good to hear Plot, cheers

vCash
    eish i can imagine what sort of game Agen must play with the Likes of Caucau and Pelesasa in the Centres... devestating runners the both of them... maybe a bit weak in defense on the outside but Rupeni has returned to his well reknowned attacking form recently that more than makes up for his poor tackling

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by plot View Post
    Te Moana still doesn't play. His knees are very strange . I don't think the club will keep him for next year.
    He made a mistake because at his first interview, he said he likes food. Some fans understood he was here for gastronomic tourism ! he was chosen because he is quite movable but he has to adapt with scrums.
    One look at him would have told everyone that - I would have thought the concern would have been less about gastronomic tourism and more about importing a two-legged plague of locusts!!

vCash
    Welcome plot - great to hear from all over the rugby world.
    Shame that Daruda's leaving Agen. Sound's like he settled in but the missus didn't.
    Pretty sure I've been camping in Agen - beautiful country and fantastic food and wine.

Apprentice
    vCash
    For Te Moana, he lives well with the team. We see him laughing: there is no problem and his family is still in Manawatu. Perhaps, we'll see him on spring. It's quite normal, he has to adapt. AJ Whalley,who is in Dax, doesn't play too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2