Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 2009 TWF Player of the Year Award night!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Keep the feedback from the night coming for those of us living on the table scraps of the event

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Browny was particularly candid:

* Prefers the incumbent no.10 to he previous model, "Cos he's a nicer bloke"
    * Elaborated on Hodgo's committment to Perth and Force because "He's got a Perth Girl"
    * What the physio doesn't know won't hurt him.

vCash
    brownie had pocock and hodgo in hysterics so he was the only one answering questions

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    The physio comment was about him not going to the farm over Christmas - cause Tif gave him an open invite to your place Burgs to keep his farming practice up - something technical about chasing pigs ????

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    hahah and them not knowing they were playing england...priceless

BOKKE
    “Let me put it this way, A Springbok team contains Afrikaners, Englishmen, coloureds and blacks. It has parochial foes in Bulls, Sharks, Stormers, Cheetahs and Lions. It is a recipe for war! Yet in all the years of John Smit’s captaincy, there has never been one unhappy customer, not one voice of rebellion against his leadership. He is the glue that holds the Springboks together. The man is a legend!”- Jake White

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Keep the feedback from the night coming for those of us living on the table scraps of the event

Sounds like a great time had by all! They can even post a video or 2 to put Burgs new ISP to good use!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Browny was particularly candid:

* Prefers the incumbent no.10 to the previous model, "Cos he's a nicer bloke"
    * Elaborated on Hodgo's committment to Perth and Force because "He's got a Perth Girl"
    * What the physio doesn't know won't hurt him.
    I loved their reaction to the question about whether they preferred Gits or Andre at 10. They were stunned for a moment - Bam Bam literally took a step back - and after a second or so Brownie made a grab for the microphone. Hodgo saw him and reacted to block him off. I get the feeling that Brownie and Gits have had some previous, and Hodgo was extremely worried just what Brownie would say! On that question I'd say Brownie wasn't candid at all, but restrained.

For the record their responses were:
    Bam Bam: I know who I'd rather have kicking.
    Hodgo: Andre. [Emphatically]
    Brownie: Andre, cos he's a nicer bloke.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    I was hoping JM was gonna turn up but I'm kinda glad he didn't becuase the boys seemed pretty relaxed and I think their comments may have been a bit more gaurded if he'd been there.

Very good night....

A couple of things we should think about for next year.

Get a signed jersey to raffle off....may encourage more to turn up.
    Have stuff for sale so people can buy it and get then signed by the guys.
    Snacks
    A bigger earlier push to get people to show up.

Just happy to be here

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Good stuff
    I think it would be fair to say Gits and Brownie come from different "sides of the tracks".

Good idea to get ideas for next year down now while they are fresh TEF, and anyone else.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Was a late scratching after getting a call from the Cricket Club. But is sounds like a fun night was had by all

Veteran
    vCash
    i would have come, but i had a date, first in a while, so i couldn't blow it off

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The EnForcer View Post
    I was hoping JM was gonna turn up but I'm kinda glad he didn't becuase the boys seemed pretty relaxed and I think their comments may have been a bit more gaurded if he'd been there.

Very good night....

A couple of things we should think about for next year.

Get a signed jersey to raffle off....may encourage more to turn up.
    Have stuff for sale so people can buy it and get then signed by the guys.
    Snacks
    A bigger earlier push to get people to show up.
    I noticed a few people buying JB's hats etc to get signed, TWF jumpers always availble at JB's.
    We did draw the signed jumper raffle last year....good idea.
    Snacks were "supposed" to be on, have to speak to Mr North about that
    Sometimes we don't know when we will get the players until very late in December and generally thge winner has been on Wallabies duty so hard to pinpoint, but will do our best for next time.

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 13:30 ----------

These were my questions and also how I recall them being answered, no answer if I can't remember.

Your charity Eighty Twenty Vision, how is that going? He had been to Zim
    recently and all is going well.

Your little brother has just moved to Perth, has he been called Pebbles yet? Yes he has, but is not real keen on it.

You had a fantastic Super 14 season and then a great tour with the Wallabies until you broke your thumb, was there a particular highlight for you?

Is there a big difference in the coaching styles of Dingo Deans and Aussie John? Not really, both bring a bit of Kiwiness.

What else do you want to achieve in rugby or personally, when you have done so much already? Trophies

How do you see the Wallabies complete set up headed towards the World Cup in 2011?

You are the 32nd ever Western Force player and have made 38 appearances after debuting against the Sharks in 2006, which is the clubs 6th highest. How long do you see yourself staying with the Force?

And finally, where are we going to finish this year?

please welcome two of our other Western Wallabies, Matty Hodgson and last year’s winner Richard Brown.

Welcome guys and congratulations on a great 2009, here’s to an even better 2010.

My favorite game last year was going to Canberra and you guys coming away with the win. How will we go against them at our new home ground in a couple of weeks? All like the idea of playing at MES, Brumbies will be tough to beat.

I know you haven’t had much time with Andre yet, but who do you think would be the better playmaker, him or Gits? Bam - no comment, Matty H - Andre because he is his new team mate, Browny - Andre because he's a nicer bloke.

Us fans are pretty excited about The Force playing England later this year, how does the team feel about the match? All - stunned look on faces "are we playing England?"

Matty, do you still have Olympic ambitions to fulfill? No, too old by the time it comes around.

Matty, you played for the Rebels in the ARC, how do you think they will go, and would you look at playing there? They will go well and no comment, he did say that he was staying in Perth for another two years (even though his contract is up at end of 2010). This was music the EWF people that were present....time to get the paperwork out fellas!

Browny, another big year for you in 2009, what are your goals this year?

Browny one of our website regulars, in fact he is one of the main contributors to the site and lives way up the Brand Highway Three Rivers Station is a guy called Burgs, and he wants to know if you ever get the urge to chase some micky bulls again? He said he has a spare buggy and experienced crew arte hard to find, so you’re welcome anytime. TQ1 has covered this in a post above.

Just like when we head off to watch your away games, I’m sure there are plenty of things that happen on tour that stay on tour, but I have a few quick questions for each of you to answer, that I’m sure won’t get anyone into trouble.

A Wallaby or fellow Force player, who has been the worst roommate on tour and why? Bam - Dunning because of his snoring, Matty H - David Fitter because he lays about in the same clothes for days without showers, Browny - Dunning because he sets the hotel room up as a practice golf pitching course and get stuck in wearing just his jocks.

And who would be the hardest to get a shout out of at the bar? Browny - Bam bam, Matty H - Haig Sare because he never leaves money on the bar (could explain an incident at The Left bank) Bam Bam -

Which team do you think will win this year’s Super 14 title? I think they all said Brumbies

Subi or ME Bank Stadium, which do you prefer as a player? All - ME Bank Stadium

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    quote of the night had to be brownie
    after bam bam and matty had said what a good opportunity it was going to be

"so... the force are playing england????" *said with jaw on the floor*

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    i would have come, but i had a date, first in a while, so i couldn't blow it off
    !!!

vCash
    Thanks for the updates everyone...sounds like it was a very entertaining nite!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast