Thread: Stade pair apologise over eye-gouging

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Stade pair apologise over eye-gouging

AAP December 16, 2009, 3:45 am

AFP © Enlarge photo

Stade Francais pair Julien Dupuy and David Attoub have both apologised after being cited for gouging the eyes of Ulster flanker Stephen Ferris during their weekend European Cup meeting.
    France international scrum-half Dupuy and prop Attoub will both appear in Dublin on Thursday to answer the charges in front of European Rugby Cup's disciplinary panel.
    If found guilty, they face a minimum ban of 12 weeks and a maximum suspension of three years.
    Stade announced on Tuesday that they intend to take internal action against the pair irrespective of the ERC's verdict.

"The club deeply regrets this situation, which is detrimental to its image in the United Kingdom, and wishes to apologise to the Irish province of Ulster," read a statement from the Paris-based club.
    Dupuy and Attoub also offered their apologies.
    "It is normal that the club penalises players for actions which are idiotic and stupid," they said in a joint statement published on the Stade website.
    "Again we apologise to the players and the Ulster club. Our actions were neither premeditated nor intentional. We also want to apologise to our club, players and staff for the negative image we have created."

Ulster won the match at their Ravenhill home 23-13 and the two sides will meet again in the return fixture in Brussels next Saturday.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/spo...r-eye-gouging/

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    i was eye gouged once pretty badly, unfortunatley for the other bloke he only did one eye so i stood up looked at him and launched a hook to his face

the touchy saw me getting gouged, came on spoke to the ref and the other bloke was sent off whilst i got to stay on the field

cant stand eye gougers, so unecessary, i am however a fan of pulling peoples fingers back who have there hand on the ball, or if someone is playing silly buggers you push there nose in real nice and hard, hurts like hell

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!