Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Quade Cooper charged with burglary

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Please don't pre judge him as we may still be able to get him off on a technicality...
    Sounds like his arse is grass to me!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    If he's going for a "I can't remember anything - someone must have slipped me Rohypnol" defence its very shaky to bring up in court. Judges can direct juries to disregard that unless there's any evidence (ie, blood test) which is difficult because the drug is broken down so quickly. If that's Cooper's only defence he'd better have had a blood test the following day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    If he's going for a "I can't remember anything - someone must have slipped me Rohypnol" defence its very shaky to bring up in court. Judges can direct juries to disregard that unless there's any evidence (ie, blood test) which is difficult because the drug is broken down so quickly. If that's Cooper's only defence he'd better have had a blood test the following day.
    yes it has been reported in the papers he had a drug test as soon as he was released from southport watch house

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    It sounds like you're quite familiar with that defence Sheikh

C'mon the

vCash
    ARU, QRU to decide future of Wallabies centre Quade Cooper

THE ARU and QRU will make a decision on the future of Wallabies centre Quade Cooper before he returns for Queensland Reds' pre-season training next month.

The two unions have had contact with Cooper, who is on annual leave, for the first time since his arrest on the Gold Coast last Sunday morning.

Cooper, who started at inside centre in all of the Wallabies' four Tests on their recent tour of Britain and Ireland, was arrested near Surfers Paradise at 4am on Sunday morning and charged with burglary. He was bailed to appear in Southport Magistrates Court on Friday.

"ARU and QRU are deeply concerned that one of our players would be facing criminal charges in a matter that is now before the courts," an ARU spokesman said in a statement.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Wallabies player Quade Cooper to face committal hearing on burglary charge

December 11, 2009 .Rising Wallabies star Quade Cooper will face a committal hearing on a burglary charge in July 2010.

The 21-year-old Test and Queensland centre briefly appeared in Southport Magistrates Court on Friday charged with one count of burglary of a residence in Surfers Paradise on December 6.

The case was adjourned for a committal hearing on July 2.

Cooper recently returned from a breakthrough Wallabies tour, during which he played all four Tests in Australia's grand slam quest.

ARU and QRU officials were waiting for the outcome of Friday's court appearance before making a decision on any action against Cooper, such as standing him down.

ARU boss John O'Neill has previously taken a dim view of player misbehaviour.

Speaking outside court, Cooper told reporters he hoped the proceedings would not exclude him from his playing duties.

"I definitely hope I'm playing football - that's what I love to do, so hopefully everything works out for the best," he said.

Cooper's lawyer Angelo Venardos told reporters his client would be pleading not guilty.

"Quade regrets putting himself in a position where he's left himself exposed to the allegations that he currently faces and he certainly regrets the potential embarrassment to his employers, the Australian Rugby Union, to his family and to his teammates," Mr Venardos said.

Mr Venardos said that this should not be taken as an admission that Cooper had broken the law.

"We'll continue to work with the ARU and the QRU to get to the truth of the matter and we'll be working with Queensland Police likewise to get to the truth of the matter," he said.

"I have, and Quade has, every confidence the truth will prevail and in the meantime we are just asking people not to prejudge the circumstances because it's a watch-this-space situation.

"There is a lot more to the story. It's not as if Quade and someone else has jumped in a car, packed their balaclavas and house-breaking implements and come down to the Gold Coast.

"But I am restricted in what I can say."

New Zealand-born Cooper made his Test debut against Italy in 2008 and has so far played 11 Tests for Australia.

AAP

http://www.foxsports.com.au/story/0,...016959,00.html

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    because it's a watch-this-space situation
    "Any publicity is good publicity"???

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    "We'll continue to work with the ARU and the QRU to get to the truth of the matter and we'll be working with Queensland Police likewise to get to the truth of the matter"

That sounds like bulls**t of the highest order! How will working with the ARU and QRU "get to the truth of the matter" - the only person who might know that is Cooper. It reeks of "we are trying to find a story that they'll swallow".

vCash
    It certainly reeks, doesn't it?

Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic View Post
    It certainly reeks, doesn't it?
    Ooops

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    well heard the latest rumour is that Quade got home and the place he and another guy broke into was across from the room they were staying in, mistakenly they went up to the wrong apartment, thinking there mates were having a laugh by not letting them in they busted through the door, apparently no laptops were stolen, the foreign students saw this as a chance to pull of a insurance scam and told the police the laptops were stolen

vCash
    hmmmmm. I'm not sure if I swallow that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    well heard the latest rumour is that Quade got home and the place he and another guy broke into was across from the room they were staying in, mistakenly they went up to the wrong apartment, thinking there mates were having a laugh by not letting them in they busted through the door, apparently no laptops were stolen, the foreign students saw this as a chance to pull of a insurance scam and told the police the laptops were stolen
    That is a lot of detail for someone that could not remember a thing

vCash
    he wasnt the only one there

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    he wasnt the only one there
    so then there were two. I wonder if the "another guy" also belongs to the reds

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast