Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tuqiri Comes Clean

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rick boyd View Post
    Just call me old school. The rugby I remember and revere was played by real men. They got drunk without ever worrying about offending against team protocols and if they smuggled a sheila back to their rooms they got a round of applause. After hours they sprayed each other with the fire hose in the hallways, got falling-down drunk in seedy pubs and if they had a punch-up over a few beers, it was simply a case of shake hands and forget about it next morning. Any monkey business on the paddock was sorted out by the gorillas in the pack with a bit of biffo and no need for touch judges and citing commissioners to stick their pointy noses into it either. And after the game, have a beer together and sing a few dirty songs with gratuitous denigration of female genitalia, and no EEO legislation lurking around the corner.

Yes, I know, I'm living in the past. Well let me tell you, the past was not a bad place.

---------- Post added at 22:20 ---------- Previous post was at 22:16 ----------

And exactly what other professions in the corporate world abide by such stringent conditions? Most high fliers on big money are more likely to get plied with booze and hookers than treated like underage nuns.
    Can you please repeat that in your next article

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    GRAB YOUR MATE!

vCash
    The way I see it Lote entertained a guest back in his accommodation... It doesn't need to be more complicated... There was no mistreatment or illegal happenings… Lote’s marriage is his business and not the domain of the moral police and wowsers or the ARU…

This should have just been all dealt with behind closed doors with a fine at most… The ARU have taken advantage of the event and likely paid heavily in their settlement…

(a.k.a. Mr Pinkbits) Stone Cold's Avatar
    vCash
    He was on his last chance and broke team rules. End of story.

coz Stone Cold says so

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Stone Cold View Post
    He was on his last chance and broke team rules. End of story.
    ANd how long does a last chance go for...? Ever?

Nup This is heavy handed nonsense....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    ANd how long does a last chance go for...? Ever?

Nup This is heavy handed nonsense....
    ? what do you think Lote was doing in the hotel room with a 20 year old chippy late at night in Canberra, having tea and scones?

Given Lote's history with people he invites to his room it's no wonder he got the flick.

Wonder if he left a sock on the doorknob for Browny's benefit?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Swee_82 View Post
    Apparently yes. The story, as it was told on Offsiders yesterday at least, is that the woman's Dad went to the ARU to complain.

How exactly in his mind this was the ARUs problem I don't know, and I wonder if the response from the family would have been the same regardless of the player involved.
    what 20yr tells her dad about sleeping with a big black man?

Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    The way I see it Lote entertained a guest back in his accommodation... It doesn't need to be more complicated... There was no mistreatment or illegal happenings… Lote’s marriage is his business and not the domain of the moral police and wowsers or the ARU…

This should have just been all dealt with behind closed doors with a fine at most… The ARU have taken advantage of the event and likely paid heavily in their settlement…
    your missing the point muddy, he broke the rules by having the girl there to start with, it was against team rules, what he did with her is a issue for him and his wife, having women in hotels with footy players has become very taboo since the bulldogs coffs harbour incident. Protecting a organisations image is about knowing how to avoid risky situations to start with, having a 20yr old female in a room with 2 professional rugby players has backpage news article written all over it.

Last edited by TOCC; 07-09-09 at 16:06.

vCash
    not only that but based on the fact that Rugby stars have a limited shelf life .. first, second & last warnings will no doubt last the entire playing career.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    If Tuqiri's ding-dong was as big as his ego, he wouldn't have to..... the dad could tell by the waddle.

Sorry that was poor taste.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    your missing the point muddy...
    Some men you just can't reach.

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    Some men you just can't reach.
    Have gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time but he doesn't deserve it.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ? what do you think Lote was doing in the hotel room with a 20 year old chippy late at night in Canberra, having tea and scones?

Given Lote's history with people he invites to his room it's no wonder he got the flick.

Wonder if he left a sock on the doorknob for Browny's benefit?
    Who gives a toss GIGS... She wasn't a school girl...

---------- Post added at 19:26 ---------- Previous post was at 19:16 ----------

your missing the point muddy, he broke the rules by having the girl there to start with, it was against team rules, what he did with her is a issue for him and his wife, having women in hotels with footy players has become very taboo since the bulldogs coffs harbour incident. Protecting a organisations image is about knowing how to avoid risky situations to start with, having a 20yr old female in a room with 2 professional rugby players has backpage news article written all over it.
    I'm not missing the point, I understand where you’re coming from... However I don't agree, or agree with how the terms of the contract have been used… its BS… The young lady was an enthusiastic guest... Lote’s hardly going to give time to a cougar now don’t you think… Its ARU BS... Its just crap and shouldn’t have come to this... The dogs in Coffs was a very different event gang rape was closer to the point there... Lote had a guest to his room, big deal... I hope you can see it or stop reading the tabloids now...

If this is back page news we all need to think about life a little deeper...

vCash
    lol, do you seriously believe he just had a guest in his room and they had a tea party. He wouldn't be in this mess if thats all that happend.

Its never good to see these things happen but Lote is becoming another Andrew Symonds and they just don't want to put up with all the bad publicity other sports get.

vCash
    jazz... i don't think its anyone business but his guest and himself... and perhaps his wife... it mean jack to me, all I won't form Lote is a world class winger with the Wallabies... the rest is gibberish wowserism...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper
    The young lady was an enthusiastic guest...
    Were you there? Did you ask Lote? Are you privy to the precise details of what happened? If not, I hardly think you're qualified to make that statement on her behalf.
    Lote’s hardly going to give time to a cougar now don’t you think…
    Who knows what floats his boat. Most men would be content with a wife.
    Its ARU BS...
    No, its a breach of the rules and/or team protocol and/or his contract terms. ARU wouldn't risk the backlash of unfair dismissal of one of their highest paid, high profile players over nothing. They care too much about their own backside to take any risk otherwise.
    Its just crap and shouldn’t have come to this...
    Yer Lote should have stuck to the rules. He was on his last warning and he's nearing the end of his professional career as it it. You would think that retaining an income and representing your country for as long as possible would be motive enough not to breach his final warning.
    The dogs in Coffs was a very different event gang rape was closer to the point there...
    Privy to that incident too??
    Lote had a guest to his room, big deal...
    Big deal? Yes it is, he shouldn't have had anyone aside from his room mate in his room anyway.
    i don't think its anyone business but his guest and himself... and perhaps his wife...
    Perhaps his wife, are you kidding? Of course its her business if her husband has an infidelity problem.
    it mean jack to me, all I won't form Lote is a world class winger with the Wallabies... the rest is gibberish wowserism...
    Lote is not a world class winger with the Wallabies, his contract was terminated. Move on, he's never going to play with them again and nothing is going to change that. Even if his contract wasn't terminated, Mitchell, Hynes and Turner are in much better form and would prevent him from a bench spot anyway. If it means jack, then drop it and stop commenting.

Last edited by laura; 07-09-09 at 19:52.

vCash
    But he broke team rules, rules that he knew existed. Which to me shows us a bit about his character

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast