Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Kiwi(paid) ref secures Australia's first win of the Tri Nations

vCash

Kiwi(paid) ref secures Australia's first win of the Tri Nations

Thanks to a Kiwi( Paid) referee Australia broke their 6 game losing streak and in the process keeps New Zealand hopes alive in the Tri Nations. The Boks were with their backs against the wall for most of the game playing against 16 men most of the time. The refereeing calls was one sided for most of the game.

It was the first time in the 2009 Tri nations series that the commentators actually had nothing to whinge about, they even commented on how good the refereeing was!
    It was a frustrating day at the office for the Boks with referee Wayne Barnes steering the Wallabies to a Suncorp Stadium win.
    More details to follow

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    1) Wayne Barnes is a pom
    2) The commentators are tossers whose opinion of most things during the game need to be taken with the largest pinch of salt possible. That they commented on how good the refereeing was is a cause of some concern and I shall now need to have a closer look to see what Barnesy did wrong.......

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Wayne Barnes is a pom
    Sorry I ment a Kiwi paid ref

---------- Post added at 21:16 ---------- Previous post was at 21:11 ----------

or maybe he is still trying to make up for his stuff up in 2007 world cupwhen he sent All Black Luke McAlister to the sin bin, reducing the All Blacks to 14 players, and then shortly afterwards missed a forward pass which resulted directly in a converted try for France. Following the quarter-final match several death threats were made to Barnes over the internet

in the 2008 Scotland vs New Zealand Test Match Barnes refereed the All Blacks again, when they beat Scotland 32-6 in Despite a convincing victory, Steve Hansen, All Blacks Assistant Coach said
    that he could not comment on Barnes' performance because "if I said what I thought, I would probably get fined so there is no point in me saying that, is there?" However he did say that All Blacks management would be writing to complain to the IRB head referee, Paddy O'Brien
    Rugby Journalist for the New Zealand Herald, Wynne Gray, identified several issues with Barnes' refereeing skills, including: a player from each side being sin binned for committing penalty offences, being inconsistent for watching other players commit those same offences and not sin-binning them, several forward passes or knock-ons not being called, and that he is incapable of dealing with the scrum

vCash
    I thought the stuff ups evened out pretty well actually.

I also thought the ref had very little to do with the actual result.

But thanks for being so gracious in defeat Pieter!

C'mon the

vCash
    Nah, Pieter, he was alright apart from his amazingly short advantage calls. A knock on would be played on, then a knock on would follow and by then he'd have called the previous advantage over, so really the first crime-commiters go unpunished. I didn't mind him, and he miss some blatantly obvious obstruction/s at the beginning. He was ok. But I don't see what the boks have to complain about really.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Which particular Ref errors did you find issues with (Wallabies biased, not having a go just want to see the flip side of the coin.)? Thought that the Boks played blatantly off side a few times, also had lazy runners a number of times, a few obstructions running behind other team mates as well as interfering with the Wallabies chasers.

The commitment from the Wallabies was outstanding Benn Robinson, Will Genia, David Pocock and Drew Mitchell (oh my god can’t believe I am saying this{further proof that he is a good winger not a FB}) were my standouts. Tatafu Polota-Nau gets a special mention as without the injury I think he would have gone on to have a cracker of a game, he was putting some massive hits on prior to and after the injury.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    The commitment from the Wallabies ... Drew Mitchell (oh my god can’t believe I am saying this{further proof that he is a good winger not a FB}) ... my standout...
    :approves:

I thought Drew was rather splendid Dave was great at 7, I wonder if Deans will move him. Genia was a star and the AAC try was BEAUTIFUL! I adored the response Morne Steyn's dropgoal got - and Giteau's for that matter. And Frans Steyn should give up rugby and become a stand-up comedian - I haven't laughed that hard in a while. JOC wasn't his best, making a couple of mistakes and a couple of shining moments. Our lineout - big thumbs up. And scrum time was fantastic too. It was just all round a WALLABY STYLE game, rather than us trying to beat the boks at their own game. It works.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    There is no such thing as a gracious saffer loser or winner for that matter. The Aussies put pressure on the Proteas tonight and they folded like a deck of cards.

Even I thought Drew Mitchel had a good night
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Boohoo, seriously dont be a sore loser

How about acknowledging the Boks ineptitude to stick to a winning game plan, or the pressure that australian applied at the breakdown, oh no its just so easy to take the easy option and blame the ref.

vCash
    those who laugh last laugh.... ill let you finish that sentence

Pocock you bloody beauty, awesome game, Genia superb game.. cutting them to shreds mate!.. the front row caused the boks all sorts of Pain AGAIN!
    so sweet to see we have a working scrum thats able to put in forward movement consistently game after game.

so glad the live band was playing so i didnt have to hear the commentary, sounds like i didnt miss much
    thought Habana had a great game too as an aside.. i dont think he got the ball for the full 80 so for him to have that sort of impact on me he mustve been pretty visible in defence..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    oh no its just so easy to take the easy option and blame the ref.
    That way you still get to lose and feel all high and mighty afterwards.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I really can't understand why some people criticise the refs ... a truly objectionable practice, to be frowned upon.

Now, if you want to see rorts, and abuse of the rules and the system, look no futher than RugbyWA and Cottesloe over the Brown Affair, or Browngate as it is becoming known.

vCash
    Was it fun to watch jon smit pop up like a pimple from the scrum.

Thought some of the advantage calls were short - especially to the

Was upset with the restart after Genia's disallowed try as I thought that Sth Africa were offside at the restart - but heh Excuses are for losers - now who said that ???

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Was it fun to watch jon smit pop up like a pimple from the scrum.???
    Thought it was Bismark coming out of the scrum like haemorrhoid.

Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    but heh Excuses are for losers - now who said that ???
    Yeah John Smit certainly got that right went totally against what PDV said.

Had a good laugh with the missus after the game when Kearns interviewed JO'C. Has anyone else noticed whenever asked a leading question he nearly always responds "yeah definitely".

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    The Wallabies were clearly the better team. The 9, 10, 12 combination is a crucial one to get right for any team to win.

Genia is the man to take to the 2011 world cup.

Deans isn't stupid he'll want youth on his team for 2011, Sharpe and a few others, Mortlock for example won't be in the WC team.

Still think like I always have Gits should be 12 and Barnes 10.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast