17. Al Baxter (NSW Waratahs),
    18. Dean Mumm (NSW Waratahs),
    19. Brown (Western Force),
    20. Burgess (
    21. Quade Cooper (Queensland Reds),
    22. Drew Mitchell (Western Force)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Pocock was ? Still learning on the bench for now... We don't need another guy to come on a do silly stuff...

Smith is best used at 7... he is world class... if brown could hold his own Smith won't have to play 8 now... Bring back Holies...

vCash
    phh hoiles, no way

wallabies need to get rid of brown, cross and burgess... Brown has made mistake after mistake, he is in a form slump and needs to go back to club rugby to get his mojo back, Cross was largely ineffectual against the Boks, whilst his angle running may be a hit at S14 level i dont think its what is required at test level, Burgess has been under pressure for a long time and the marked improvement in service from when Genia came on is whats needed.

Potentially Reds biased, but i think Cooper needs to be brought in at 5/8 with Giteau at 12, Cooper has the best long pass in Australia and it adds another dimension to the teams he plays in, Genia provides better service then Burgess, Pocock or Palu need to replace Brown.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    phh hoiles, no way

wallabies need to get rid of brown, cross and burgess... Brown has made mistake after mistake, he is in a form slump and needs to go back to club rugby to get his mojo back, Cross was largely ineffectual against the Boks, whilst his angle running may be a hit at S14 level i dont think its what is required at test level, Burgess has been under pressure for a long time and the marked improvement in service from when Genia came on is whats needed.

Potentially Reds biased, but i think Cooper needs to be brought in at 5/8 with Giteau at 12, Cooper has the best long pass in Australia and it adds another dimension to the teams he plays in, Genia provides better service then Burgess, Pocock or Palu need to replace Brown.
    Pish & Tosh.. Crossy was ineffective because HE DIDNT GET THE BALL!.. count the number of times Giteau and then Cooper decided to run the ball themselves instead of distributing.. dont blame Cross for a quiet game...That one soft try wasnt his fault either , Giteau didnt call his man and that caused AAC to try double up and that created the big hole... nothing Crossy couldve done as he had three men outside him.

I was doubtful before but now i agree put Gits in at 12..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by zimeric View Post
    Pish & Tosh.. Crossy was ineffective because HE DIDNT GET THE BALL!.. count the number of times Giteau and then Cooper decided to run the ball themselves instead of distributing.. dont blame Cross for a quiet game...That one soft try wasnt his fault either , Giteau didnt call his man and that caused AAC to try double up and that created the big hole... nothing Crossy couldve done as he had three men outside him.

I was doubtful before but now i agree put Gits in at 12..
    all im saying is that ive yet to see Cross put in a decent performance against one of the top international teams, his a lesser version of mortlock.

You talk about giteau and cooper not passing, well its a bit pointless to pass if you have nothing to pass to, this isnt just a Cross issue, this is a backline issue. Cross will 99% of the time try and beat his opposition player on the outside, meaning that his crabbing sideways and leaving no room for the man outside, it also means he is easy to defend again if the opposition read it right(which RSA and NZ do).

vCash
    Definitely change the half backs (Genia for Luke).

Take ACC back to 15. First I think ACC is more efficient at fullback (on his own merits) than 12 and we know JO'C is pretty effective at 12. I would even go as far as giving more time to Gits at 12..one half?..meaning Quade or similar at 10.

Cross at outside centre is pretty hard to figure..but I agree with TOCC that he generally tends to try to commit two defenders which means his run tends to be diagonal forcing his winger or support player out of play (room) or needing to switch back in.

vCash
    phh hoiles, no way

I pretty much agree with all of this and i have no reds bias. If Barnes is good to go then id have him start at 10 and gits at 12.
    The jury is still out for me on turner tho. dont think drew mitchell should start for him either........hurry up digby!!!!!

---------- Post added at 15:54 ---------- Previous post was at 15:49 ----------

You talk about giteau and cooper not passing, well its a bit pointless to pass if you have nothing to pass to, this isnt just a Cross issue, this is a backline issue. Cross will 99% of the time try and beat his opposition player on the outside, meaning that his crabbing sideways and leaving no room for the man outside, it also means he is easy to defend again if the opposition read it right(which RSA and NZ do).
    Yep. aussie backline at times were just shovelling the ball from side to side. Too easy for the boks to defend against.
    At least Cooper kept the defensive line honest and guessing even with those gay benji marshall hops hahahaha.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Crossy didn't play too well last night but neither did Turner or Hynes or anyone in the backline really. In the first half the backs were getting smothered and that was a combination of being underpressure at the breakdown and Giteau under pressure at the Burgess-down. Given that its yet another backline reshuffle is it any surprise that the backs are having trouble forming combinations and running effective angles. I suppose he is in a bit of a form slump though. Maybe we should bring back Tuqiri.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Giteau out of 10 to 12. AAC to 15. If Barnes can, to 10. If not, James or Cooper, other one on the bench. Burgess out - entirely out. No idea about Brown, Palu probably would have been worse.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    With the benefit of tonights article on who is looking like being available or not:

1. Benn Robinson (NSW Waratahs)
    2. Stephen Moore (ACT Brumbies),
    3. Ben Alexander (ACT Brumbies),
    4. Mark Chisholm (ACT Brumbies)
    5. Nathan Sharpe (Western Force) (C)
    6. Rocky Elsom (ACT Brumbies),
    7. George Smith (ACT Brumbies)
    8. Richard Brown (Western Force),

9. Will Genia (Queensland Reds)
    10. Berrick Barnes (Queensland Reds),
    11. Peter Hynes (Queensland Reds),
    12. Matt Giteau (Western Force),
    13. Ryan Cross (Western Force),
    14. Lachie Turner (NSW Waratahs),
    15. Adam Ashley Cooper (ACT Brumbies),

16. Tatafu Polota-Nau (NSW Waratahs),
    17. Pek Cowan (Western Force),
    18. James Horwill (Queensland Reds),
    19. David Pocock (Western Force),
    20. Luke Burgess (NSW Waratahs),
    21. Kurtley Beale (NSW Waratahs),
    22. Drew Mitchell (Western Force),

"Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    like the cut of your jib Burgs!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by robyn <3 View Post
    Giteau out of 10 to 12. AAC to 15. If Barnes can, to 10. If not, James or Cooper, other one on the bench. Burgess out - entirely out. No idea about Brown, Palu probably would have been worse.
    Your not suggesting James O'Connor for the 10 Jersey are you?

vCash
    no she means Rick James

Champion
    vCash
    Before any changes are made. Lets get the guys to learn how to catch, pass and retain the ball in contact. Best Scrum in the game, strung together multiple phases only to lose the pill in the breakdown inside their 22!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Your not suggesting James O'Connor for the 10 Jersey are you?
    I would like to see James at 10. Potentially, I see him as the Wallabies starting 10 for a long time. I think Deans is doing something simmilar to what happened with Larkam (I think it was Larkam...) Playing him at 15, then moving him to 10. I wouldn't think of starting him at 10, but I don't think 20-odd minutes at the end of the game in 10 would do him any harm myself. This game is just pride - that's all there is in it. Win or loose this week, we still can't have a trophy. I wouldn't mind seeing the future given a chance.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast