Thread: Mitchell on Inside Rugby

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash

Mitchell on Inside Rugby

Mitchell from Inside Rugby just a few days ago here (30MB In Size)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Coach, I watched the show and thought that JMitchell looked very tired. He was talking the upbeat "words that must be said", but his face showed the strain.
    It can't be easy for him to return to NZ with a winless team, but then who better to pull a surprise
    on the Kiwis!

Something mentioned that drew my curiousity was that the Force were in Sydney for two days on their leg to 'white cloud land'. (Did I hear Clarkie correctly?). Was this to meet with ARU officials (hence long face)?. Was it just the coach or whole squad in Sydney? Given that all the players have east-state connections, was it a chance for then to see some relative rellies???

Anyone got the scoop?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    great interview....I missed it earlier this week....damm I hate motels that dont have foxtel.....

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MysticBalls
    Coach, I watched the show and thought that JMitchell looked very tired. He was talking the upbeat "words that must be said", but his face showed the strain.
    It can't be easy for him to return to NZ with a winless team, but then who better to pull a surprise
    on the Kiwis!

Something mentioned that drew my curiousity was that the Force were in Sydney for two days on their leg to 'white cloud land'. (Did I hear Clarkie correctly?). Was this to meet with ARU officials (hence long face)?. Was it just the coach or whole squad in Sydney? Given that all the players have east-state connections, was it a chance for then to see some relative rellies???

Anyone got the scoop?
    Sounds very promising MyBalls, thanks for the upbeat supporter type post. Are you sure you pressed the right button.

Just happy to be here

vCash
    Yes, it was a good interview. Something which came up at the start was the mention of Force being in SYDNEY for two days- on their way to DUNEDIN! Now unless my atlas is wrong, that doesn't seem to be a direct route. I would've thought a Perth team would travel through Melbourne to get to the South Island of NZ. My experience with sports teams & airlines favours direct flights and minimum airport or airplane transfers and minimum lounge lounging. Professional teams don't go out of their way for a stopover on route (extra costs), unless its for a very good reason/s.

One reason could be tugging the ARU for help to get Messr Cross from the NRL !

From a quick search of likely airlines, Freedom Air is the only one that seems to have a direct flight from Sydney to Dunedin, (which may explain it) the others go through or stop at Auckland-Christchurch, even from Perth as per the sponsors Emirates. Did they charter from Emirates?

TEF- my questions are reasonable, as were my observations of the teleVISION interview. Others have commented on body-language as well, as being important.
    Your heavy-handed sarcasm, or is that enforcing? is not appreciated. If you've got nothing to say, or answers to questions, then don't post.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Looks like they had 3 days in Sydney on the way through to Dunedin "to break up the trip"

Look at the "On the road again" articles at RugbyWA here for a little more info ...

Its a pity they couldn;t keep the diary thing going - precious little else is coming from RugbyWA. I hope they lift their game for the South African tour ...

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.