Thread: O'Connor to have X-rays on leg

vCash

O'Connor to have X-rays on leg

O'Connor to have X-rays on leg
    August 22, 2009 - 11:33pm
    Story by: AAP

Teenage Qantas Wallabies fullback James O'Connor will have x-rays on a leg injury after limping off in Saturday night's Bundaberg Rum Tri Nations Test loss to New Zealand.

O'Connor left the field six minutes after halftime with an injury to his right leg and coach Robbie Deans said after the match the 19-year-old would undergo the scan.

O'Connor joined Berrick Barnes in the sheds with centre failing to re-emerge from the break after suffering a neck injury.

The two injuries caused a major re-jig of Australia's backline, with Drew Mitchell shifted from wing to fullback and Adam Ashley-Cooper from outside centre to inside.

In a bruising encounter, hooker Stephen Moore's head was bloodied in a head clash with prop Benn Robinson early in the match, with both requiring attention.

The All Blacks fared no better, with Luke McAlister knocked senseless either side of the break, the second hit fracturing his cheekbone.

NZ centre Conrad Smith suffered a hamstring injury.

On the positive side, returning Wallabies flanker Rocky Elsom said he got through the game unscathed despite obviously limping and icing his knee after the game.

Elsom was playing his first rugby in nearly three months after suffering bone bruising in his knee.

"It was fine. It was tough going early on but once I got into it, it wasn't as bad as I thought," he said.

"It wasn't an ideal start.

"I love being back, I love the contest, but the wins are always sweeter."

http://rugby.com.au/news/aap/s-59823.../section/21893

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

O'Connor cleared of broken leg

WALLABIES fullback James O'Connor has been cleared of any fracture in his leg following Saturday night's Tri Nations loss to the All Blacks in Sydney.

O'Connor limped from the field early in the second half of the 19-18 loss but x-rays have cleared him of anything more serious than a cork. The Wallabies have several other injury worries as they head to Perth to face South Africa.

Flanker Rocky Elsom, who played his first Test of the season after a knee injury, has a syndesmosis in his left ankle, while lock Nathan Sharpe is nursing a shoulder problem. Both will be monitored this week.

Centre Berrick Barnes, who missed the second half at ANZ Stadium, is confident of being fit for the Subiaco Oval clash after suffering a neck injury and concussion.

"James O'Connor's x-ray was clear so that's a good start,'' Wallabies coach Robbie Deans said today. "It was just a blow to the lower leg ... but obviously it's still a bit uncomfortable. Sharpey was pretty sore.''

The Wallabies were flying to Perth on Sunday, still smarting from the loss of the Bledisloe Cup for another year. They also remain anchored to the bottom of the Tri Nations table, winless from their three matches so far.

Meanwhile the All Blacks have a few problems of their own, with midfielders Luke McAlister and Conrad Smith potentially ruled out for the rest of the Tri-Nations.

Coach Graham Henry confirmed McAlister suffered a fractured cheekbone and Smith a torn hamstring during the victory that sealed the Bledisloe Cup for another year and kept the All Blacks' Tri-Nations hopes alive.

"The two centres are not too good and I think Conrad will take some time,'' Henry said. "I haven't talked to the doctor about recovery time yet. There's a few casualties in there.''

Henry said it was likely McAlister would miss the rest of the Tri-Nations, with Tests against South Africa in Hamilton on September 12 and the Wallabies in Wellington on September 19 to follow.

McAlister was dazed and bloodied by an early head clash with Wallaby Luke Burgess, then suffered the fracture with another head clash with Peter Hynes in the 50th minute.
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...-1225765315352

vCash
    Poof, I got knocked out today and still kept playing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Probably a bit of a difference between his level and your level
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Hmmm - an unconscious Welshman staggering around the pitch banging into people.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Hmmm - an unconscious Welshman staggering around the pitch banging into people.
    Take out the 'into' and that would be fairly poofy too.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    WRF - notice that the wounded mentioned in the story are all backs. Moore - whose nose was spread across his face does not crack a mention - oh that's right - he is in the front row, so no trembling bottom lip...............

'God invented beer to prevent Props from taking over the world'

vCash
    All Buz lightweights.... someone call Mark Latham please...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    All Buz lightweights.... someone call Mark Latham please...

What's a politician got to do with it? Chris Latham on the other hand...socks-down, try-scoring assassin!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by laura View Post
    What's a politician got to do with it? Chris Latham on the other hand...socks-down, try-scoring assassin!
    hahaha Chris.... ooops... good to read JOC leg is not broken...