Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Tuqiri, ARU settle out of court

vCash
    Stade Francais or Bayonne Lote Tuqri will fit right in... the Link at Stade Francais has my money... Lote can enjoy his due rewards in france... good luck to him... the french will love him...

---------- Post added at 20:44 ---------- Previous post was at 19:43 ----------

Neither is the settlement payment tax-free. The ARU yesterday released a statement, which described reports of a $2m payout as ''wildly inaccurate speculation.''

geeee the ARU paid more...

---------- Post added at 21:03 ---------- Previous post was at 20:44 ----------

Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    So I guess you are a Lote lover by the sound of it.

I would rather the ARU lose money like this then lose money because a high profile player and pin up boy continually brings the game into disrepute. IMHO
    I don't disagree totally but if a contract is to be honored it should also be honored by the ARU... Just look back to last year and the ARU insistence that Gituea honor his faulted Western Australian rugby collective contracts and they fact that failed to back t him as a the player and choose to back the misadministered province speaks volumes... Frankly its pure ARU spin bull-shit... and it doesn't matter what Lote did as it was not illegal... meaning it was within social standards...

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Muddy if that is the case then why oh why did he take an out of court settlement?????? If he has nothing to be ashamed or worried about he should have continued the court action and gotten a much bigger sum of money and screwed the ARU for breach of contract. But alas he didn’t, he took an undisclosed amount of money whilst keeping mum on the actual event that broke the camels back. Meanwhile all the players and especially the players union has kept out the media as well regarding this subject.

Oh yeah if Giteau thought he was being treated unfairly he to could have taken someone to court for breach of contract!! But as the breach was actually a third party sponsorship from a defunct company and the fact that EWF had honoured all contracts they nor the ARU were in contract breach. Third party sponsorships are between the player, players manager and the company willing to put up the money.

How many smotes do you think you will get for bringing that little nugget up????

Last edited by sandgroperrugby; 28-08-09 at 09:57.
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Mudslapper let that fucking firepower / gits horse go will you!! FFS - get some new material!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    As far as NRL CEO Gallop is concerned, Lote doesn’t have to tell him anything other than it was a contractual difference which was settled. Gallop wont be able to not take Lote back and get one back on Rugby union… EAsy free media for the NRL... watch this space, Gallop is just deflecting the Inglis assault issues in the press…
    Gallop can deny Lote entry to League, the NRL can choose not to register his contract. Whilst what Lote may have done is not illegal and socially acceptable, if it happens while you are out representing the ARU as a Wallaby it is a breach of the player code. If it was the rumour that I have heard from many sources it was a pretty big breach

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudskipper View Post
    Just look back to last year and the ARU insistence that Gituea honor his faulted Western Australian rugby collective contracts and they fact that failed to back t him as a the player and choose to back the misadministered province speaks volumes... Frankly its pure ARU spin bull-shit... and it doesn't matter what Lote did as it was not illegal... meaning it was within social standards...
    FFS. You are getting worse. Apart from your Giteau infatuation and Force obsession, nowdays you don't seem be able to string a reasonably constructed sentence together.

I have some reservations about such a huge pay out and whether it was really necessary too, but to say..........

it doesn't matter what Lote did as it was not illegal
    ...................... just shows, once again, what a ridiculous troll you are.

When there is no indication of the offense how can any sane person say....

meaning it was within social standards

Just say the rumour of a 16yo girl (or something equally unacceptable but legal) were true. That would mean you think that type of behavior is socially acceptable. You have more problems than simply being a troll if that's the case.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Well I see Force Contracts still incite words here... I agree its past but I'm talking about how the ARU hammers on about contracts and has clearly broken their own with Lote, leaving him with no other choice but to take an acceptable payout... and move on… The fact that it was Giteau is immaterial to me...

All the gossip gibberish is not qualified by any credible source…

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    To me it sounds a lot more like the ARU have clearly enforced their contract with Lote....

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Is Lote going overseas to find a club an attempt to keep the story from comming out? As a return to the NRL will apprantly force Lote to come clean

vCash
    the NRL are only a option to stay in Sydney... when he thinks about it he'll go north for a few years on the big money...

Coach... I sense the ARU enforced a poor business decision...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3