Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Perth fans need to turn up: ARU

vCash
    Yes, but Perth will need to do better than Sydney or Melbourne in order to get those games.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal:
    it is the courage to continue that counts.
    - Winston Churchill

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    They won't play major tests in a 27,000 seater. Pro sport is all about the dollar these days. Bums on seats.
    When talk of a Bledisloe game in America is mentioned Denver is usually the location. But they don't mean Mile High (75,000) but Dick's Sporting Goods Park (great name!) which is only 18,000. I suspect the attraction is the TV money, though. But yes, the point was that if we had a decent stadium (of almost any size) the ARU wouldn't have any trouble filling it.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    There are plenty on the East Coast who don't want any Tri Nations tests in Perth because they claim the WA venue offers an advantage to South Africa. The Saffas openly talk Perth up as a plus for them too.
    There's probably a greater proportion of Jarpies in Perth than Kiwis in Sydney, and because WA has traditionally been an AFL state the proportion of Jarpies at the test will be even higher. I reckoned it at around 1/3rd of the spectators last year.

But don't the East Coast rugby unions run their own stadiums? Of course they don't want to see attendance money going a) anywhere but their stadiums, and b) to the AFL. They'll kick up a stink about hosting any game in Subi because of their loss of money.

vCash
    I am suprise that so many are not going to watch their national team play. I would rather a rectangular staduim but there is one in Perth so lets just get over that turn up to shout for the Wallabies and enjoy the game.

It was not too long ago we could get a top level game in Perth for love or money. Now too many are complainig about the view!!! Too much of the "...half empty attitude" if you ask me.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OzFUB View Post
    I am suprise that so many are not going to watch their national team play. I would rather a rectangular staduim but there is one in Perth so lets just get over that turn up to shout for the Wallabies and enjoy the game.

It was not too long ago we could get a top level game in Perth for love or money. Now too many are complainig about the view!!! Too much of the "...half empty attitude" if you ask me.
    Agree 100%. We've turned up to all the force matches and put up with Subiaco, and we are getting MES next year - one more game won't hurt us, especially not if it costs us our consistent once-a-year international. We could be like Canberra who got their first test match in 7 (??) years this year. But we get one every year, and we do infact need to turn up to watch it if we want to keep our game-a-year.

A kick in this game is like a rather nasty alcoholic shooter, only as good as it's chaser...
    Courtesy of quality South African commentry

vCash
    If Perth lost the one test per year, regardless of who it was against, how many people would travel east to watch a game?

The yarpies game will be the second week in a row that little ox and myself will have spent on the road watching the wallabies play.

vCash
    Well, I'm one who'll be there regardless. I ended up with more expensive tickets than I really wanted to, cos when I saw what was being offered in the $90 (or whatever it was) decided it was worth going another $15.

Tickets seemed to be more expensive this year than last (just my recollection, perhaps they weren't). Even the cheap seats are awfully expensive for a crap view. Can't blame anyone for not going at that rate.

vCash
    I'm with Swee. im sitting on the halfway line which is a mile away from the pitch but i dont care because we only get one test a year and i want to make the most of it as i can. im there for my country no matter where, when or what the weather is like.

Be There. Be Heard. Be The Force Behind The Force

vCash
    I should probably confirm that my mate actually bought those tickets rather than just assuming he did!

I should point out that the Eagles only got 32 000 yesterday so I wouldn't be hitting the panic button.

vCash
    Is this ARU gibberish because they want more games could go to Melbourne in 2011 on? to build the fan base...

vCash
    its the reality of the situation, if people wont turn out to watch the highest ranked team in the world why should they continue to send matches over there, admittedly a bledisloe is a bigger draw card then RSA-AUS, but there should still be decent crowds, IMO anything less then a 75% capacity stadium would be a dissapointment

Last edited by TOCC; 16-08-09 at 19:51.

vCash
    That equates to 33 000 - not having read the relevant news that shouldn't be a problem surely?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oxleymoron View Post
    If Perth lost the one test per year, regardless of who it was against, how many people would travel east to watch a game?
    got to agree with you there ox, a lot of people fly all over the place for games, we normally (apart from this year, too much happening with finishing the house ect!!).. go to the test perth and also head over east for the bledisloe........

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I wonder if the ARU official is the tealady..or perhaps the windowcleaner.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    I have to admit I didn't go to last years match (first time I had missed an international at Subi) for two reasons

1. Ticket price vs seat - Could go to the Wembley Hotel, great tv coverage, good atmosphere, drink myself under the table and still be ahead

2. I was getting a bit tired of going to games against South Africa.

This year I'll go but I'm not going to pay top dollar - just not worth it IMO

vCash
    I'm neither a Wallaby nor Bok supporter, but I'll be there none the less. If I can be bothered, can't understand why a Wallaby supporter wouldn't. And if you won't be there (because you can't be bothered), no reason to complain when the games are taken off us.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast