Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Perth fans need to turn up: ARU

vCash
    Don't think Growden is an official ARU member,

Yep sick of watching Sth Africa and England here - reckon it's the demographic of Perth the Boks do show up to Subi, not many takers for Fiji or Ireland a couple of years ago so I reckon the ARU just go for the numbers

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Yep sick of watching Sth Africa and England
    England? Who only played here in 2003 and have never played Australia in Perth?

But the jist of the post is correct, year after year all we get is South Africa and that gets boring, especially if the saffers play their game of kick, kick, kick, kick.......that's enough to put me to sleep. I for one won't be going, I will stay at where the booze is better and I don't have to fork out alot of money to sit in shit seats a mile away from the action. I will go next year when someone other then South Africa play here

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    England? Who only played here in 2003 and have never played Australia in Perth?

But the jist of the post is correct, year after year all we get is South Africa and that gets boring, especially if the saffers play their game of kick, kick, kick, kick.......that's enough to put me to sleep. I for one won't be going, I will stay at where the booze is better and I don't have to fork out alot of money to sit in shit seats a mile away from the action. I will go next year when someone other then South Africa play here
    ditto

C'mon the

vCash
    Did you blokes feel better when we got Fiji? We don't get ZA every year but I'm happy to go see them when we do. They are the best side in World Rugby ATM. I seem to remember plenty of running rugby in the past including Habana running the length of the field on counter attack more times than I'd have liked. They say sometimes you don't know what you got till it's gone - they take paradise and put up...... ahem,... well I remember what it was like when we got no Tests. But that's not why we'll be going. We'll go to support the team who are 0-2 a but can still win the TN.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Maybe we can get Argentina or Japan over here, since we aren't likely to get NZ during the lifetime of the current ARU, QRU and NSWRU members and officials and their children and grandchildren. Probably VRU, as well.

Whilst its great to see rugby from the top nations, I don't want to see the same one or two year in, year out.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    They are the best side in World Rugby ATM
    They are the best team in South Africa, to be the best team in the world you need to be consistant away from home as well and over a period of time
    Posted via Mobile Device

vCash
    Well this is just more bullying from the ARU... this time now aimed at the WA rugby public...

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Maybe we can get Argentina or Japan over here, since we aren't likely to get NZ during the lifetime of the current ARU, QRU and NSWRU members and officials and their children and grandchildren. Probably VRU, as well.

Whilst its great to see rugby from the top nations, I don't want to see the same one or two year in, year out.
    Ireland was great a few years back. A try fest and a good night out afterwards.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Ireland was a fantastic outing a couple of years ago - they actually came to play rugby not the defensive brand either

61 years between Grand Slams Was the wait worth it - Ya betta baby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    They are the best team in South Africa, to be the best team in the world you need to be consistant away from home as well and over a period of time
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I said ATM. They won RWC away. I'm hoping they can't keep it going. That's why I'm going.

It would be good to get some other high profile oppo here but we will never get a Bledisloe and I'm not interested in seeing second or third string NH teams. France or the Argies would be good for a change. But ZA every second year is fine by me. Careful what you wish for.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I just can't justify paying that much for a ticket for the viewing at subiaco...maybe if the ticket prices were a little more reasonable given the proximity of seating from the field of play, then i would go

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Skiza View Post
    I just can't justify paying that much for a ticket for the viewing at subiaco...maybe if the ticket prices were a little more reasonable given the proximity of seating from the field of play, then i would go
    Couldn't agree more with ya.

Subi is shit and I'm talking with my feet by not going anymore. It is just a waste of WRF's money.

I really don't care which international teams come to Perth each year I'd go and see any of them, just not at Subi.

While I'm ranting the Tri nations needs another three teams injected into it fast. It is getting dull watching the same three teams battle it out each year. 6 teams play each other once. That's the six nations over. Bledisloe should still run with the 3 'only' game format alongside the six nation comp. When the AB's play the Wallabies in the six nations that's also game one of the bledisloe.

Argentina, Pacific Islands and Japan should be the teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Thequeerone View Post
    Ireland a couple of years ago
    This was the view from the back row of the second tier (the little white dots in the distance are the players). At the time we bought tickets that was as good as we could get and as you can see the crowd numbers weren't that bad.

Last edited by laura; 16-08-09 at 14:11.

Player
    vCash
    For Perth to ever get a Bledisloe Cup match it will need a quality rectangular Stadium. Subi is rubbish unless your watching AFL games. For a change Argentina would be nice. But international Rugby is international Rugby.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class View Post
    For Perth to ever get a Bledisloe Cup match it will need a quality rectangular Stadium. Subi is rubbish unless your watching AFL games. For a change Argentina would be nice. But international Rugby is international Rugby.
    So how come there are Bledisloe matches played at the MCG or the Sydney Olympic Stadium? Both of these are 'oval' grounds.

CHEERLEADERS ROCK!!!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast