Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Melbourne endorsed by ARU for inclusion in Super rugby competition

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by welshrugbyfan View Post
    Most mungo fans are never going to switch codes either. I'm talking about people who haven't chosen a 'code' to follow.
    I'm a code switcher, then again I follow most sports anyway

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    No P/R. A development league. Set up a sister Comp with 10-12 teams competing. Primarily based out of Asia. With say WS and GC included. As each team achieves a set critieria they are moved up to Super rugby. Adelaide could be included too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class View Post
    No P/R. A development league. Set up a sister Comp with 10-12 teams competing. Primarily based out of Asia. With say WS and GC included. As each team achieves a set critieria they are moved up to Super rugby. Adelaide could be included too.
    I'd still go the promotion relegation though.

I was just trying to make a point that the Southern Kings, Taranaki, Gold Coast, Melbourne the other Country NSW team that was interested for a while could all join the comp but play in the 2nd division until they get established with better players. If the Reds end up in there then too bad. Maybe it would be the spark they need to get themselves out of the playing hole their in.

Say in a dream world Adelaide, Gold Coast, the country NSW team and Melbourne had a franchise or whoever it is. At the end of the 2 division Super 14 comp we'd have a nice 8 team comp to run.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Does any one know what the base salaries are for players in Aus,NZ and SA, that is non national team s14 players?

Does anyone know what the base pay is in UK,France, Ire, Itally for non national team members?

I would think the most likely place to raid would be SA because of the Rand and there probably is alot of talent that can be scouted before the bokkes and then they can be walled ala vickerman/rathbone ect.

I woulf think the argies and Islander in Europe would all be on too big monet for the SH comps???

Player
    vCash
    Don'y know about everywhere else but in Aus a Junior contract is somewhere between $60,000 to $80,000 per annum. The base minimum for a full contract is $110,000. Well, that is what it was 4 years ago in NSW.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Working Class View Post
    Don'y know about everywhere else but in Aus a Junior contract is somewhere between $60,000 to $80,000 per annum. The base minimum for a full contract is $110,000. Well, that is what it was 4 years ago in NSW.
    no, actually a junior is more like $30'000 to $50'000, the base minimum that you mentioned is actually the maximum that a S14 club can offer, it may be up closer to $130'000 these days, but it is the maximum not the minimum.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TOCC View Post
    no, actually a junior is more like $30'000 to $50'000, the base minimum that you mentioned is actually the maximum that a S14 club can offer, it may be up closer to $130'000 these days, but it is the maximum not the minimum.
    I thought the max a S14 Aus team can pay a player is a total of a 150K per season all inclusive... with additionals coming from ARU top ups...

However juniors may not even get a wage depending on their tier status at the Brumbies… The young SA flyhalf Dollie who join the Brumbies academy was one example, he didn’t receive a wage but had all the training and development costs covered this year. However if tier 1 players get promoted to S14 games they get an additional per match fee and if they play 3 S14 matches in the season they are paid a total minimum S14 player rate, which is about 55-65k odd… This happened to a few guys at the Brumbies in 2008…

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4