Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: House of Pain...Pfffft,I say

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Coach
    I think if we have, we should cater to all supporters.....hi-5 for the post-pubescent boys....
    Hey coach what's with the the discrimination against dirty old men with the Hi-5's girls?................come to think of it wonder if they want a part time job Friday night's at the Western "House of Pain"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I am trying to figure out why its called the House of Pain. whats wrong with the place? Uncomfortable seating?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Whatever, shasta 8)

If people want girlies (who are obviously not their daughters or mothers or anyone else remotely related, because that would be just wrong, wouldn't it?) bouncing about and gyrating their bits, perhaps they should go to a pub which caters for their choice of entertainment. And if they want their kids and wives to go along as well, then so be it.

Personally, I go to the game for the game.

And Manpower? How 80s

Rookie Contributor spankytheking's Avatar
    vCash
    glory has mini cheerleaders...theyre all about 13-17yrs old, they just do dance routines to songs at half time and do the give aways and stuff. a combo of them and some older ones would be kool i reckon, even if its just for when they run out of the tunnel.

(formerly known as Coach) Your Humble Servant Darren's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tragic
    Whatever, shasta 8)

If people want girlies (who are obviously not their daughters or mothers or anyone else remotely related, because that would be just wrong, wouldn't it?) bouncing about and gyrating their bits, perhaps they should go to a pub which caters for their choice of entertainment. And if they want their kids and wives to go along as well, then so be it.

And Manpower? How 80s
    after much deep and profound brain things inside my head, I have decided to leave this debate alone.

Did someone say club song?

Dear Lord, if you give us back Johnny Cash, we'll give you Justin Bieber.

vCash
    Club song! Club song!

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Club song! Club song!
    How about this sung to Flower of Scotland tune

The Force is our team
    Our pride and joy
    They will remain
    And we’re here to support you
    As you go out and do battle again
    We stand against them
    With pride and passion
    We’ll send them homeward
    To think again

I don't really care if we have cheerleaders or not, I'm there for the rugby. Anyway, with one day to go before another crucial game lets get focused on our team and back them. Come on boys... you can do it!!!!!!!

Just happy to be here

vCash
    So do I and so does Mrs Shasta. But she seems to spend a little time during the warm up each week, along with a couple of other female members, discussing the physical attributes of certain Force players. Mainly Digby. I'm pretty sure they are not considering their relative abilities to win possession in a contest.

The game is only 80 mins and we're there longer than that. Fair's fair

However, if enough members are against having cheerleaders, maybe we should consider the "hot tub option" like they have in Durban

vCash
    It's about time we had cheerleaders!! Female rugby teams (and perhaps also the waratahs) should be allowed to have male cheerleaders if they want.

vCash
    I think some people may be missing part of what the cheerleaders could bring to the game experience.

Aside from being good to look at, they could help the crowd get into the game, help start chants ect. ect.

They didn't the name Cheer-leaders for just standing there and looking good... And although they are exceptional at that, we would require cheerleaders with, additional skills...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Incompetent isn't the right word... But its the first one that comes to mind.
    -- Chuck Palahniuk.

vCash
    Interestingly, Force will probably be wearing their alternative strip of gold and black? With two games against two blue teams of NZ! With both H'landers and Blues having the stutters lately, Force are a chance. Hope they've been training in the WA colours strip!
    Unfortunately, those colours were selected by the Hurricanes, complete with a similar swirly logo, at the start of S12. (Present colours OK too!)
    I wish the team well in NZ, which is followed by a home game (Crusaders) then a three week tour of Sth Africa! This is a new type of testing peroid, as will be the cold of Dunedin!

GO FORCE !!!

vCash
    Given that I'm in a bad mood, anyway, here goes the last I have to say on the subject.

Now we're talking about real cheerleaders? Sorry - I thought the initial calls were for women wearing as little as possible and fondling themselves as per one of the "cheerleaders" in the Ausdeck pic. I have nothing against genuine cheerleaders. However, most cheer squads I have seen are young women practising Raunchy Girl moves, either following the very small portion of the crowd they can actually cover, or dancing about in total disunity with it.

Personally, I don't think these "cheerleaders" are there for the punters - they're for the cameras so the sponsors can get another close up (sometimes gynocological) shot on the telly.

And while I'm certain that many people find them nice to look at, they just make me squirm with embarrassment for them.

I empathise with you, Shasta. The young men behind me spend the pre-game minutes loudly dissecting and commenting on every female going about their business who happens within line of sight. Like the players, their function is not to be oggling objects, and nor are they behaving as such.

So there. Now I'm going to go off and drown my sorrows for yet another lost opportunity for a win

OK TWF folks

You want to see a cheer squad supporting rugby - Get out to Kalamunda home games after the Easter break to see the Fit2Cheer Cheer team supporting the Kalamunda Bulls.

These girls are great. The are cheer leaders, there to get the crowd involved and support the on field endeavours.

They lead chants and will also perform at half time.

This squad are national champs and have also represented Australia in international competitions. Like I said they are Cheer Leaders there to enhance the game not for cheap thrills.

Go Girls - C'mon the Bulls

... on the 6th day God played rugby and on the 7th day he rested, because he was sore and a little hungover.

vCash
    We should ban cheerleaders because they are offensive. We should get rid of those nasty beer advertisements because we'll all become alcoholics if they keep selling the stuff. The game is a little too violent these days, so we should make them all play touch rugby instead. And are the snack foods they sell really all that healthy?

Veteran Contributor The EnForcer's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldmember
    We should ban cheerleaders because they are offensive. We should get rid of those nasty beer advertisements because we'll all become alcoholics if they keep selling the stuff. The game is a little too violent these days, so we should make them all play touch rugby instead. And are the snack foods they sell really all that healthy?
    Now you are being silly. When have chips and deep fried chicken been unhealthy...eh...eh?

If the world was run by The Enforcer, I would have raunchy cheerleaders with nothing less than a C cup, full strength free beer served by skimpy waitresses willing to sit on your knee when you get cold and Burger King served by the bucket load. However, my cunning take-over bid has not quite worked yet, so compromise is the order of the day.

I have no view either way on cheerleaders but if we do get them then I think they should be older than the ones at the Glory as I found it a tad embarrasing looking at 14 year olds shaking their booties. Beer should be served during the whole game and efficiently done so you don't miss half the match while getting one and I don't have a problem with fatty food every so often...it's part of going to a game.

Now, this is for those who get upset about all these things.....grow up....it's a big boys world we live in and if you have issues take them to somewhere where big boys are not going to be hangin out....like rugby matches...or just suck it up and don't look.

(Note: I know you were being sarcastic Goldmember, but I thought I would add my pennies worth to the debate)

Pigeon Pigeon

Just happy to be here

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2