Thread: Rugby star Matt Giteau sued for Cottesloe flat damage

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Rugby star Matt Giteau sued for Cottesloe flat damage

Article from: PerthNow
    Todd Cardy, court reporter

August 08, 2009 06:00pm

WALLABIES star Matt Giteau has been taken to court over thousands of dollars in damage he allegedly caused to a Cottesloe beachside apartment he rented.
    A former landlord is suing the world-class Wallaby in Fremantle Magistrates Court for failing to pay a damage bill he racked up while living at the Eric St apartment.

Giteau, 26, rented the apartment, which has sprawling views of the Indian Ocean and is directly opposite the popular Ocean Beach Hotel, when he moved to Perth in 2007 to play for the Western Force.

He has since moved out and bought a nearby multimillion-dollar house in the up-market suburb, where he lives with fiancee Bianca Franklin.

The Sunday Times understands the claim is $3000 for a broken table and a further $1000 for mending chips in walls and extensive cleaning.

Giteau failed to appear at a hearing on Friday, but faxed the court saying he was tied up with playing duties for the Wallabies in South Africa.

The case was adjourned until he returns to Perth in October.

Apartment owner Mary Chidlow said she had been reluctant to file a claim against Giteau, who rented the property through a real estate agent.

``I really didn't want publicity about this, I'm afraid,'' Ms Chidlow said.

``We had to have the place cleaned when he left and things like that and there was an item of furniture that was damaged that we asked compensation for.

``I didn't want it to get to this stage. I wanted to be reimbursed for monies that have been spent and the item that had been broken _ that was all.

``I don't know whether things weren't getting through to him from his manager.''

Giteau signed up with the Force in 2006, but the mega-money promised him didn't materialise after sponsor Firepower collapsed.

He quit in February to return to the Canberra Brumbies and said at the time he would keep his Cottesloe house.

He intended to stay in Perth for about half a year when not playing rugby.

He proposed to Franklin, his West Coast Fever netballer girlfriend of three years and the sister of
    Hawthorn forward Lance ``Buddy'' Franklin, during a romantic weekend away on Cable Beach, Broome, in May.

Giteau could not be contacted yesterday.

http://www.news.com.au/perthnow/stor...005401,00.html

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's been a while since I had a good rant about a crap article...

Giteau failed to appear at a hearing on Friday
    No kidding, any mug could have googled his name and found out he would be in South Africa.

``I really didn't want publicity about this, I'm afraid,'' Ms Chidlow said.
    So why go ahead with the interview just so that some journo can pretend they have an 'exclusive'.

Giteau signed up with the Force in 2006, but the mega-money promised him didn't materialise after sponsor Firepower collapsed
    Because that's relevant to the story...tool!

He quit in February to return to the Canberra Brumbies and said at the time he would keep his Cottesloe house.
    No, he chose not to re-sign with the Force and instead take up an offer from the Brumbies.

He intended to stay in Perth for about half a year when not playing rugby.
    To be precise...who cares how long he intends to stay, he won't be playing for the Force so its no skin off anyone's nose where he intends to live or own property.

He proposed to Franklin, his West Coast Fever netballer girlfriend of three years and the sister of Hawthorn forward Lance ``Buddy'' Franklin, during a romantic weekend away on Cable Beach, Broome, in May.
    Also irrelevant, his marrital status and brother-in-law have nothing to do with the issue at hand, nor does the location of his proposal.

Giteau could not be contacted yesterday.
    Go figure?!

Bet this story will make the paper ahead of a review of tonight's game. What a crock!

vCash
    All the pet budgies, canaries, cats and dogs must be sick of having to read similar shite articles lining the bottom of litter trays and cages.

vCash
    FFS. And we reckon Grumbles is a hack.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David