Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: BULLS MAKE THE GRAND FINAL!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Go the Bulls!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    What a weekend in a classic grand final in pretty shocking conditions the Mighty Bulls took out the SW Grand Final 13-10. What a game and even bigger weekend.

With a gail blowing and the rain coming in hard the bulls put the first points on the board with the wind behind our backs in the first half with a penalty kick. Tempers flared in the first half with some ill discipline by the bulls resulting in 10mins in the bin for out flanker. Down to 14 men the Bulls dug deep and scored a try however missed the conversion. Half time and spirits were high as the Bulls went in 8-0 up. The second half saw the Dungbeetles pile on the pressure going with the wind... after 20 mins of immense pressure by dunsbourough and rock solid defense by the bulls dunsborough crossed for a try and converted. 8-7 and the game stepped up a notch. with 5mins to go dunsborough got a penalty right in from a converted to take the lead for the first time in the game 8-10. The Bulls showed huge heart however and straight from the kickoff poured the pressure on the beetles. With 30 seconds on the clock a missed clearing kick by dunsborough landed in the lap of our winger who crossed to put the Bulls back in the lead 13-10.... A quick restart by the beetles put the pressure back on but the Bulls held on for a memorable victory.

Great effort by all the Bulls in two seasons we have gone from wooden spooners (not winning a game) to winners of the SW Comp!!!

All looking good for a bumper expanded 2010 SW Comp!!!!

GO THE BULLS!!!!

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

vCash
    Hey Cal.... I mean BC

I heard a nasty rumour yesterday that Duns "tanked" against Margs because they wanted Bunbury in the GF?

That bit them in the arse then, hey?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Hey Cal.... I mean BC

I heard a nasty rumour yesterday that Duns "tanked" against Margs because they wanted Bunbury in the GF?

That bit them in the arse then, hey?
    Nah Dunsbrough beat Margs in all their games this year! We beat Dunsborough in the second last game of the regular season to secure our place in the final. Dunsborough only lost two games all year and both to us.....

Certainly a new force in SW Rugby

"The only trophy we won this day, was the blood and sweat we left on the pitch.... and it was enough"

"Rugby may have many problems, but the gravest is undoubtedly that of the persistence of summer."
    Chris Laidlaw, New Zealand rugby player and sportswriter. Mud in Your Eye: A Worm's Eye View of the Changing World of Rugby (I 973).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2