Burgs: Yet another example of the opportunities that have opened up for Australian Rugby Players with the extra Super 14 team.
Coutts sounds like a pretty handy inclusion to the Reds Squad, do you have any extra info on him from over there Flat-top?
At 190cm and 118kg he could well be in Connolly's siights by next season if he has the game to match his size.
His Sale Players Profile can be found here: www.salesharks.com/player_info.php?id=86

Reds sign new prop

April 05, 2006 - 8:24am
Story by: QRU

The QR Queensland Reds have signed 26-year-old loosehead prop Ben Coutts on a two year contract.
Currently playing for Sale Sharks, the top team in the UK Guinness Premier Competition, Coutts will join the Reds squad in November to prepare for the 2007 season.
Coutts has played 16 of Sales' 18 matches this season and started in the weekend's quarter final of the Heineken Cup against Biarritz.
After being closely monitored by next year's Reds coach, Eddie Jones, and new Australian Assistant coach-Mike Foley, Coutts was offered a two year contract to return to Australia and play Super 14 rugby.
"This opportunity to return to Australia was too good to turn down," Coutts said.
"Although I have enjoyed my time here at Sale Sharks, it was always my intention to use this as part of a process of development for me as a player with a view to returning to Australia to have a decent crack at achieving my ambition of playing International rugby.
"I have spent the last couple of years playing top-level rugby here in Europe where there is a massive emphasis on the set piece, so I am really looking forward to coming home to play a big part for the Reds. Obviously another exciting aspect is the opportunity to work with Eddie Jones."
Queensland Rugby's High Performance Manager Dr Bob Murphy said it was a good signing for the Reds.
"With his recent experience in England as well as a stint in the NPC, Ben will add valuable experience to the forward pack and we're delighted to have him on board for next season," said Dr Murphy.
"Eddie rang me about a month ago after watching Ben play in the UK and asked me to contact his manager and we were able to reach agreement last week."
The 118kg Canberra-born forward is a product of the Brumbies development program and was in the system when Jones was coach of the Brumbies.
Coutts' contract with Sale ends in May and he will head to New Zealand to play for Southland in the NPC before officially starting with the Reds.